• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Sentai Discussion

Thats not quite true, the arms has a lot but it can't do many thing

Meanwhile Don Onitaijin can do any poses/stances, it's basically Soul of Chogokin toylines/Good Smile DX toylines

Showa: Goggle Five, Bioman, Flashman, Maskman, Liveman
Early Heisei: Jetman, Zyuranger, Dairanger, Kakuranger, Ohranger, Gingaman, Gogo-V
Mid-Heisei: Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricanger, Abaranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger
End-Heisei: Go-Buster, ToQger, Kyuranger, Lupinranger vs Patranger
Reiwa: Kiramaiger, Zenkaiger

Yeah, from Timeranger and onwards almost every seasons i've ended up liked it, Go-Onger is in odd place since while i like it, it does feel to....i dunno, so it kinda 50/50, same can be said to Kyoryuger

Go-Onger is in odd place since while i like it, it does feel to....i dunno, so it kinda 50/50, same can be said to Kyoryuger
Kyoryuger’s a bit weird because the first few episodes don’t have very good pacing IMO, but these show definitely gets better as time goes on. Wasn’t a big fan of Kyoryu Pink or the first Kyoryu Grey though

What’s Go-Onger like?

Thought I would bring up a few Gokaiger feats since no one has posted here in a hot minute

Zodomas slices chunks out of three buildings with one slice

Pachacamac destroys a building in one punch and then states he could do the same with one finger

Salamandan is stated to be able to cause Volcanic eruptions

Stargull brings down a meteor (Which was larger than Gokai Silver's Mech) Stargull was also empowered by the Power Stone, which was said to bring the end of the world
Gokaigers themselves should comfortably scale to most of the verse, they fight clones of the other Sentai multiple times and have battled Super Sentai in person before
Not finished with Gokaiger yet, will post more if I find anything

Gokaigers themselves should comfortably scale to most of the verse, they fight clones of the other Sentai multiple times and have battled Super Sentai in person before
Honestly, the Gokaiger are gonna end up scaling to some of the higher end stuff in KR more likely than Tier 8 stuff. Most notably, Pre-Gaim Gaiden Decade

Thought I would bring up a few Gokaiger feats since no one has posted here in a hot minute

Zodomas slices chunks out of three buildings with one slice

Pachacamac destroys a building in one punch and then states he could do the same with one finger

Salamandan is stated to be able to cause Volcanic eruptions

Stargull brings down a meteor (Which was larger than Gokai Silver's Mech) Stargull was also empowered by the Power Stone, which was said to bring the end of the world

Eh, all the links are broken.

Kinda forgot about this lol
Well anyway Bullet and Laser timing seems fairly easy for Gokiagers even early in the series, so that seem like a fine low end
Gokaigers also have pretty much every ability from past Sentai
Some notable ones I took note of are Duplication, Time Reversal, Gravity Manipulation/Telekinesis, Sound Manipulation, Teleportation, Can Open Doorways too Poket Dimensions, Barrier Creation, Shape Shifting, and of course several Sentai transformations give Stat Boost, Flight, and Elemental Manipulation

Magiranger has a lot of abilities and feats, heads up

I know that in the second arc, there’s a Tier 5 feat as well as a multiplier statement meaning we could find the strength of characters early into the show. I might touch on that later if anyone asks

Yeah, even in just the first two episodes they get stuff like Transmutation, Shape Shifting, Clairvoyance, Size Manip, and Summoning

Finished the first 10 Episodes of Magiranger, here are the abilities I found for them

MagiMother:
-Can teleport objects and people
-Can change the target's clothing
-Telekinesis
-Ice Manipulation
-Size Manipulation
-Creation? (May just be more teleportation)

Wolzard:
-Can summon his sword and shield
-Can fire energy blast from his shield
-Can increase his and others size
-Can revive and reform the dead
-Can Invade the Minds of others
-Flight
-Portal Creation
-Can steal and absorb other people's magical powers

MagiRed:
-Flight
-Fire Manipulation
-Instant Teleportation
-Transmutation (EX: Turning a person into a ball, Turned the ground into a mirror, and turned a backpack into a jetpack)
-Instantly made a ship in a bottle, and then removed it
-Magically removed an arrow from a horse (and seemed to heal it as well)

MagiBlue:
-Water Manipulation
-Can get visions through her Crystal Ball
-Invisibility
-Can force targets to dance, until they blow-up

MagiYellow:
-Electricity Manipulation
-Can instantly mix together ingredients for potions, although they take time to make and are not standard (If they are included as Optional Equipment,most notable potion so far increases the targets speed)

MagiPink:
-Shape Shifting (EX: Table Fan, Pepper Shaker, Bee, Boombox, Mailbox, Vancuria, A Cannon, Curtains)
-Wind Manipulation
-Flight
-Has that same dance thing as MagiBlue

MagiGreen:
-Plant Manipulation (Can even make them point toward the location of targets)
-Can take power from the forest for attacks

All Magirenger also get Weather Manipulation, since they create storms every time they transform. The Mechs of this series also work like transformations instead of vehicles.

Their isnt too many impressive looking feats so far, but here are the ones that stood out to me:
-MagiMother freezes over a large troll (that then shatters to pieces)
-MagiRed pulls up a mirror before Cockatrice's laser could reach him, and then shattered him after he was turned to stone
-MagiRed hit Wolzard hard enough to leave an imprint in stone

Will update after I watch some more of the series

Just gonna add onto what you’re saying. The Magirangers all have Accelerated Development and Rage Power (which you will see a lot more of with the whole “courage” theme, it gets more repetitive)

It’s also probably a good thing you’re doing the searching from the beginning because a lot of the spell names just mesh together in my head

In terms of civilian scaling, Kai survives being hit with soccer balls that were being launched out of a machine hard enough to leave pretty big imprints in trees. He also survives having himself lit on fire for some time. Both of those are Wall level, and given he can harm those who can harm himself (via sibling fights), 9-B civilians in Magiranger seems fair

Last edited:
K just finished episode 20 of Magiranger, so I thought I would give some updates on abilities and feats

All MagiRengers get MagiPunch, some boxing gloves that give them a strength boost. Nothing to crazy

MagiRed:
-Can cause explosions
-Has these magical circles that bind targets to a single point
-When using MagiPunch, he can cover his gloves with fire for some attacks

MagiBlue:
-Doesn't get anything new, although we do see her Water powers flood a room in seconds. Which at least gives an idea on how much water she can make at once

MagiYellow:
-Can fill dark areas with light
-Shows he can make some new potions, like one to put Vampires to sleep and one that brings back lost memories
-Seems quite adept in boxing
-Fought against Nai and Mea's singing, which put any normal person in a trance

MagiPink:
-Defeated someone by making them feel immense love
-Can greatly increase her senses, to the point of seeing smells and hearing colors

MagiGreen:
-We get a good idea of the range of his magic when he covers a large section of city with flowers
-Get to see more of his Plant Magic when he wraps some baddie up with vines

Wolzard:
-Can increase the power of others
-Has his own pocket dimension, which he can shift to his will
-Can use his decryption spell to undo barrier spells

MagiShine also gets introduced:
-Can fire beams of light
-He was able to depower Raigel into a mummy and then created a barrier to seal him away
-Has a spell that causes objects to rocket up into the sky

I also found a building-level feat the Magiranger can scale too, this monster was able to destroy buildings quite casually. Speedwise MagiYellow was also able to fire off his bow before Leech's laser could hit him (And ya know MagiShine should have Speed of Light attack speed since he attacks with it)

Will probably give another update after I get done with the next 10 episodes

Regarding the Tier 5 feat I mentioned, Rin was capable of rotating the Earth in her first fight (episode 16). Rin fought Wolzard and easily gained the upper hand going as far as to state he was superior to her at the moment. It’s stated around this time that he’s 100x stronger than before during this time. So for early Wolzard, he would downscale this feat by a hundred times at the least since he was stronger than Rin

Is this what you are referring to? Also iirc they said that Wolzard was 10-100 times stronger than before, so we could probably use that range to get a low and high end for BoS Magiranger

Yes, that feat is what I’m referring to. Back when I first watched the show I recall them saying 100 times stronger than before (I occasionally listed feats during my watch)

Got another batch of stuff here

MagiRed:
-Telekinesis
-Can reverse sorcery
-Can release trapped souls

MagiBlue:
-We see the pressure from her water blast is enough to launch back a giant frog
-Can magically summon fortunes

MagiYellow:
-Can make a potion that makes him talented in any skill
-Can rewind the surroundings around him to see past events, but it leaves him in a near death state afterwards
-Increases his scenes
-Releases an absorbed soul

MagiPink:
-Nothing new

MagiGreen:
-Can fix broken objects
-He also gets a Muscle Mode, which gives a strength boost

MagiShine:
-Can grow and shrink himself and others
-Can change others clothing
-Can see into the memories of others
-Can cancel out other magical effects
-Placed Smoky inside of a lamp, and also stopped him from being erased from existence
-Telekinesis
-Can bound objects in chains

Wolzard:
-Doesn't show anything important himself, although when his magic is given to Vancuria she is able to do things like turn people into bugs, turn food into sand, and Shapeshift

Also on the whole Courage=Magic thing, we also see that if someone loses Courage they can no longer use magic.

Their is also another building tier feat, but their is already a tier 5 feat for the Magirangers at this point so it dosent seem to important.

DonBrother's recent stuff I've found

https://www.toei.co.jp/tv/donbrothers/story/1230819_3246.html

Basically, Shinichiro Sakurai (producer) explains how Ideon and the Notou people are inspired by Plato's idea that the world where we live doesn't exist and is just an imperfect shadow of the perfect world of ideas.

桃太郎といえば、どんぶらこっこと流れてきた桃から生まれた主人公が、鬼ヶ島という異界に行くお話。
川の上流には何がある?
赤ちゃん内蔵の桃が産出するくらいですから、そこも異界に決まってます。
異界から来たヒーローが、この世に福をもたらす……というお話は、昔からいっぱいあります。天孫降臨や恵比寿様から、スー○ーマンやウル○ラマンまで。洋の東西、枚挙にいとまがありません。それだけ人間は、《異界》にあこがれながら生きてきたのでしょう。

一方、

「この世界こそ本当は異界」
「その真実に目覚めるべき」

という発想は、それとはちょっとちがいます。
西洋独特の感覚な気もします。
映画でいえば、『メン・イン・ブ○ック』(1997)や『マト○ックス』(1999)もそう。そして、なぜかみんなサングラスをかける。
日本にも、月光仮○から『あぶ○い刑事』から、サングラスヒーローはいますが、グラサンかけたからって、真実の世界にめざめたりはしない。

その感覚、もしかすると、古代ギリシアまでさかのぼるかも……

哲学者プラトンに、《イデア論》というのがありまして。

私たちが生きるこの世界は、ホントは実在しない。実在するのは、完全な世界イデア。私たちの世界は、その不完全な影にすぎない。
イデアとは、英語で言えばアイデア。見ることも触れることもできず、ただ夢想することしかできない、概念の世界。
私たちがバーチャルだと思う概念こそリアルで、リアルだと思いこんでるこの世界がバーチャル──ということ。
いまのキリスト教で、天国(来世で救われる)と再臨(現世で救われる)という、一見矛盾する2つの考えが共存できるのも、そうした感覚の裏づけがあるからかもしれません。

バーチャルとリアル。
イデア(概念)とイド(自我)。
完全なる理性(脳)と、不完全な欲望(獣)。

そこら辺を、ぐちゃぐちゃ考え、ぐちゃーっとやると、ドンブラザーズのいっちょあがり。

『ゼ○リブ』や『フリー・○イ』にインスパイヤされたことは認めます。
(パクリとはかたくなに言わない)
でも、それを観たからと言って、ドンブラザーズがより理解できるようになる……なんてことはありません。
単に傑作だからオススメしただけ。

Momotaro is the story of the hero who is born from a peach that flows down the Domburanko and goes to the other world called Onigashima.
What is upstream of the river?
Since a peach with a baby inside is produced, it must be another world.
There are many stories from the past about heroes who come from the other world and bring good fortune to this world ....... From the descent of the sun and Ebisu-sama to Sue-Man and Ullaman. There are countless stories from all over the world. That is how long humans have longed for the "other world" in their lives.

On the other hand

"This world is really another world.
"We must wake up to the truth of it.

This is not the same as the idea that "this world is really the other world" or "we should wake up to the truth of the other world.
I feel that this is a uniquely Western way of thinking.
In movies such as "Men in Black" (1997) and "Matrix" (1999), people wear sunglasses. And for some reason, everyone wears sunglasses.
In Japan, too, there are sunglasses heroes from "Gekko Kakou" to "Abui Keisatsu," but wearing sunglasses does not mean that they are awakening to the world of truth.

This feeling may date back to the ancient Greeks.

The philosopher Plato had a theory called "The Idea Theory.

The world in which we live is not really real. What is real is the perfect world of ideas. Our world is but an imperfect shadow of it.
Idea, in English, is an idea. It is a world of concepts that cannot be seen or touched and can only be dreamed of.
The concepts we think of as virtual are real, and the world we think of as real is virtual.
This sense of reality may be the reason why the two seemingly contradictory ideas of heaven (salvation in the next life) and the second coming (salvation in this life) can coexist in today's Christianity.

The virtual and the real.
The idea (concept) and the id (ego).
Perfect reason (the brain) and imperfect desire (the beast).

When you mess around with these things, you end up with the Don Brothers.

I admit that I was inspired by "ZoLib" and "Free Guy".
(Don't call it a ripoff)
But watching it doesn't make you understand the Don Brothers any better
I simply recommend it because it is a masterpiece.

Higher-D Donbrother confirmed?

DonBrother's recent stuff I've found

https://www.toei.co.jp/tv/donbrothers/story/1230819_3246.html

Basically, Shinichiro Sakurai (producer) explains how Ideon and the Notou people are inspired by Plato's idea that the world where we live doesn't exist and is just an imperfect shadow of the perfect world of ideas.

桃太郎といえば、どんぶらこっこと流れてきた桃から生まれた主人公が、鬼ヶ島という異界に行くお話。
川の上流には何がある?
赤ちゃん内蔵の桃が産出するくらいですから、そこも異界に決まってます。
異界から来たヒーローが、この世に福をもたらす……というお話は、昔からいっぱいあります。天孫降臨や恵比寿様から、スー○ーマンやウル○ラマンまで。洋の東西、枚挙にいとまがありません。それだけ人間は、《異界》にあこがれながら生きてきたのでしょう。

一方、

「この世界こそ本当は異界」
「その真実に目覚めるべき」

という発想は、それとはちょっとちがいます。
西洋独特の感覚な気もします。
映画でいえば、『メン・イン・ブ○ック』(1997)や『マト○ックス』(1999)もそう。そして、なぜかみんなサングラスをかける。
日本にも、月光仮○から『あぶ○い刑事』から、サングラスヒーローはいますが、グラサンかけたからって、真実の世界にめざめたりはしない。

その感覚、もしかすると、古代ギリシアまでさかのぼるかも……

哲学者プラトンに、《イデア論》というのがありまして。

私たちが生きるこの世界は、ホントは実在しない。実在するのは、完全な世界イデア。私たちの世界は、その不完全な影にすぎない。
イデアとは、英語で言えばアイデア。見ることも触れることもできず、ただ夢想することしかできない、概念の世界。
私たちがバーチャルだと思う概念こそリアルで、リアルだと思いこんでるこの世界がバーチャル──ということ。
いまのキリスト教で、天国(来世で救われる)と再臨(現世で救われる)という、一見矛盾する2つの考えが共存できるのも、そうした感覚の裏づけがあるからかもしれません。

バーチャルとリアル。
イデア(概念)とイド(自我)。
完全なる理性(脳)と、不完全な欲望(獣)。

そこら辺を、ぐちゃぐちゃ考え、ぐちゃーっとやると、ドンブラザーズのいっちょあがり。

『ゼ○リブ』や『フリー・○イ』にインスパイヤされたことは認めます。
(パクリとはかたくなに言わない)
でも、それを観たからと言って、ドンブラザーズがより理解できるようになる……なんてことはありません。
単に傑作だからオススメしただけ。

Momotaro is the story of the hero who is born from a peach that flows down the Domburanko and goes to the other world called Onigashima.
What is upstream of the river?
Since a peach with a baby inside is produced, it must be another world.
There are many stories from the past about heroes who come from the other world and bring good fortune to this world ....... From the descent of the sun and Ebisu-sama to Sue-Man and Ullaman. There are countless stories from all over the world. That is how long humans have longed for the "other world" in their lives.

On the other hand

"This world is really another world.
"We must wake up to the truth of it.

This is not the same as the idea that "this world is really the other world" or "we should wake up to the truth of the other world.
I feel that this is a uniquely Western way of thinking.
In movies such as "Men in Black" (1997) and "Matrix" (1999), people wear sunglasses. And for some reason, everyone wears sunglasses.
In Japan, too, there are sunglasses heroes from "Gekko Kakou" to "Abui Keisatsu," but wearing sunglasses does not mean that they are awakening to the world of truth.

This feeling may date back to the ancient Greeks.

The philosopher Plato had a theory called "The Idea Theory.

The world in which we live is not really real. What is real is the perfect world of ideas. Our world is but an imperfect shadow of it.
Idea, in English, is an idea. It is a world of concepts that cannot be seen or touched and can only be dreamed of.
The concepts we think of as virtual are real, and the world we think of as real is virtual.
This sense of reality may be the reason why the two seemingly contradictory ideas of heaven (salvation in the next life) and the second coming (salvation in this life) can coexist in today's Christianity.

The virtual and the real.
The idea (concept) and the id (ego).
Perfect reason (the brain) and imperfect desire (the beast).

When you mess around with these things, you end up with the Don Brothers.

I admit that I was inspired by "ZoLib" and "Free Guy".
(Don't call it a ripoff)
But watching it doesn't make you understand the Don Brothers any better
I simply recommend it because it is a masterpiece.

Higher-D Donbrother confirmed?
nope. Originating from the realm doesn`t mean you are equal to what tier the realm is. The noto haven`t shown any feat for it.

Hi everyone, I see you have a Super Sentai thread.
Well, Go-Onger has that feat (In Portuguese because I couldn't find it in English on YouTube)

If I'm not wrong the series takes place in Gifu (Actually, it looks like it's in Aichi) according to the map released by Toei
7lZygbc.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting.

By the look of it, this seems to catch up with the latest Sentai Donbrother (I don't include King Ohger because it seems to take place in another world); how did you get this map?

Back