• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Supershow's canon expansion (DIC Canon)

so the current two profiles for Mario and Luigi for the supershow can be better mainly expanding their feats into the cartoon

You see it's heavily implied in the DIC cartoons that the live-action portions are canon somethings directly in the show is in the intro where the brothers state they were working on the drain, however, were sucked into the mushroom kingdom

In Super Mario Bros Three cartoon, these two are referred to as human consistently or "Real Worlders" as well Mario states in Recycled Koopa "Luigi! this is our home it's the real world, Koopas garbage is contaminating Brooklyn!"

there's also this page from Mario Mania showing these cartoons are canon to each other and the live-action segments

So yeah there can be a renaming of these profiles to "DIC" and most likely these two should be referred to as DIC Mario and DIC Luigi instead of after their actors there's also a good amount of powers and abilities from the equipment as well as feats that would push them up to barely building level with supersonic + speeds seen in these calcs with mountain level amounts of magic seen here

Equipment-wise Mario has a plunger used to stuck on the faces of people and onto walls, A plumbers snake he uses as a whip

DIC Mario attention, nice

You see it's heavily implied in the DIC cartoons that the live-action portions are canon somethings directly in the show is in the intro where the brothers state they were working on the drain, however, were sucked into the mushroom kingdom

I’m a bit confused on what the OP is proposing. The Intro being used as evidence, shows DIC Mario and Live-Action Mario are 2 different entities in the same show.

I think merging the three DIC cartoons; SMB Super Show, Adventures of SMB3, and the SMW cartoon being the same continuity makes sense to me.
Question, the Live Action Mario the same character as the Cartoon Mario? I hasn’t watched it to tell but the intro has them together.

I know a little bit of DIC Mario stuff and he has pretty interesting powers. For example, I know in one episode Mario absorbs electricity and many other power sources to become fire Mario.

Also I know Mario and Luigi fixed a guy’s steamboat engine that was destroyed by King Koopa and created pipes on a river to fill a hole in a extremely large lake…. All in under a day lol.

In terms of whether or not the live action and cartoon versions are the same or not is left very vague.

In the intro it sounds like both versions are the same but in an episode of Super Show the cartoon versions take people from the Mushroom Kingdom to Brooklyn and it still stays animated rather than live action. Idk if this disproves the live action and cartoon versions being the same or not but that’s what I remember. I might try to find the episode in question so we can have better context.

Question, the Live Action Mario the same character as the Cartoon Mario? I hasn’t watched it to tell but the intro has them together.
When it comes to the canon between the two segments I believe there’s enough evidence to point to this being true

For one I believe live action and cartoon is just for stylistic purposes to show differences between the “real world” and the mushroom kingdom this world Mario and Luigi is often referred to as the real world with it’s inhabitants being called real worlders this is pretty prominently shown in Mario 3 cartoon episode “mush rumors” an episode where a human family comes into the mushroom kingdom by accident and Mario states on a couple of occasions in this cartoon he and Luigi are from Brooklyn this would seem that what the intro states is true

The live action vs cartoon seems to be purely stylistic choices to represent that this is the real world when the cartoon represents the many wacky worlds Mario will adventure to there isn’t much to debunk this and is what the cartoon is seemingly aiming tward with it’s depiction of the plumber

The 1995 movie being the same as the DIC continuity seems news to me, but the live action segments of Super Show being the same as the cartoon parts still seems reasonable to me.

The cartoons weren't actually made by Nintendo and the original stories don't necessarily line up. Yoshi's Island clearly gives us an origin story for the Mario Bros that otherwise contradicts the backstory given to us for the DIC cartoons.

The cartoons weren't actually made by Nintendo and the original stories don't necessarily line up. Yoshi's Island clearly gives us an origin story for the Mario Bros that otherwise contradicts the backstory given to us for the DIC cartoons.
What contradictions are there?

Bumping down (besides the fact Illumination remembered the show).
I'm not sure about merging them with that movie, but I did say the three old cartoons made by DIC are one continuity seems fine.

My post wasn't even about merging the movie and cartoons, but rather a fact they added the Plumbers' Rap on a commercial scene and it's full/opening version in the released soundtrack. Felt like it'll be news for a bump and those missing out.

Back