• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Koopas can fall upside down and still be as durable, iirc.
You mean their shells, at least, no?
Like, for falling upside down, do you mean landing on their shells, or their bellies? Also, scans would be appreciated from me, if you'll pardon my asking, please.
I know at least there's some cases in SMW where a Koopa will be ejected from its shell.

But in SMW, a shell-less Koopa seems no more durable -By gameplay, at least, where it can be defeated with a single stomp- than a Goomba.

Apologies if anyone minds my argumentativeness on this matter.

Mario and Luigi are obviously not stonewalls, they fight people who can hurt them a thousand times more frequently than they tank stuff that's way above their level. You can't expect literally every showing in this 300-game series to be consistent with every other one.

So, I feel like Mario should have infinite speed. The mario universe is infinite in size and Mario has several universe crossing feats. Not to mention,
Mario scales to Bowser threatening to destroy the Dream Depot universe by universe, which, as the scan showed, is filled with infinite universes.

Addintionally, Mario can move within the dimensional rift between each Secret Level. These aren't pre-destined rifts, either, as Shadow Mario left and never appeared in the Secret Level with Mario. With that said, this must have been a white, empty rift that Mario and Shadow Mario moved through on their own. The background moving was only because the two Marios were moving, evidenced by their blurs, so this was indeed an empty rift. Also, in Tick Tock Clock, the progression of time is dependent on when you enter the world. Entering at 12 o'clock stops time completely, yet Mario can still move freely in this state

Also, Mario fought and easily kept up with Culex, and Culex is the Master of Time and Space, and can consume time. Thus, timeless voids would be his natural environment. He also holds time from its beginning to its end, and during his fight, he was crossing between dimensions. It's actually stated in the Japanese version he was within a dimensional rift, and those are, by definition, devoid of time and space. Furthermore, he was about to leave Mario's and go back to Vanda--thus, he was in between dimensions at the time. Meaning, he was outside of the space-time continuum--which all qualifies for infinite speed. Mario also had his speed complimented by the Zeekeeper, and can also keep up with him and Giant Dreamy Luigi, as well as characters equal to or faster than Zeekeeper. Zeekeeper can tear a dimensional rift. Rifts are, again, by definition, absent of time and space.

Any contentions?

Which all qualifies for infinite speed.
No, It doesn't, we have a whole section on the Speed page explaining that Timeless voids doesn't grant Infinite Speed (The same applies to Time Stop)

Not only the "Infinite Universe" link ins't working, but i'm pretty sure no one through the series ever crossed the whole universe

The best argument here is Bowser threatening the Dream Depot, and even then we don't know how he would exactly do that

Also, Mario and co. having Infinite Speed would mean that they can cross any finite distance in 0 time.... Which kinda contradicts the point of every single game

No, It doesn't, we have a whole section on the Speed page explaining that Timeless voids doesn't grant Infinite Speed (The same applies to Time Stop)
Then why does it say infinite speed is "able to travel any finite distance in zero time?"
Not only the "Infinite Universe" link ins't working, but i'm pretty sure no one through the series ever crossed the whole universe

My bad, here you go. And for one, Bowser threatening to destroy the universes one by one means that he's traveling to each universe, as it's shown that Bowser goes to a universe to destroy it before going to another one. Again supported by the fact that Bowser is destroying them "one by one." And the same scan, as you can see, mentions infinite dreams, and not only just the Mario universe being infinite.
The best argument here is Bowser threatening the Dream Depot, and even then we don't know how he would exactly do that
Like I said before, he's going to each universe individually as I explained.

Then why does it say infinite speed is "able to travel any finite distance in zero time?"
Because Timeless voids and Time Stop doesn't actually relate to Infinite Speed?

Read the Speed page, we have whole sections talking about this

My bad, here you go. And for one, Bowser threatening to destroy the universes one by one means that he's traveling to each universe, as it's shown that Bowser goes to a universe to destroy it before going to another one. Again supported by the fact that Bowser is destroying them "one by one." And the same scan, as you can see, mentions infinite dreams, and not only just the Mario universe being infinite.

Like I said before, he's going to each universe individually as I explained.
Even then, did Bowser even know about the existence of Infinite dreams?

There are far better proofs of the existence of Infinite dreams btw

Also:
Mario and co. having Infinite Speed would mean that they can cross any finite distance in 0 time.... Which kinda contradicts the point of every single game

I think they were only responsible for doing some of it as contract work but presumably they weren't terrible at helping
I mean, DQXI was friggin good, that's why it surprised me. And, well, don't want to play devil's advocate or anything but were BD and SP that terrible? I mean, they were disappointing given how much Pokemon Remakes were improving on the original games, but I've heard that some of the issues weren't these guys fault, like given a very limited development time (which seems to be mandatory in Pokemon games it seems) and it was Game Freak's decision to not use Platinum and make the Remakes stick too closely to the originals.

I mean, DQXI was friggin good, that's why it surprised me. And, well, don't want to play devil's advocate or anything but were BD and SP that terrible? I mean, they were disappointing given how much Pokemon Remakes were improving on the original games, but I've heard that some of the issues weren't these guys fault, like given a very limited development time (which seems to be mandatory in Pokemon games it seems) and it was Game Freak's decision to not use Platinum and make the Remakes stick too closely to the originals.
Here’s a bit of perspective for you.

When the game was revealed, it immediately looked so bad that it made people's smiles drop from their faces.

On release, the game had more bugs in it than the original Red and Blue did in 1996.

Among those bugs, you could exploit many of them at once to repeatedly clone whole boxes of Shiny Pokemon at once, or even turn normal Pokemon Shiny. This was patched so slowly that to this day, Sinnoh Shiny Pokemon are worth next to nothing.

Average modern Pokémon quality then

I wouldn't worry too much about the studio, it's not uncommon for them to start with smaller project and remakes to then upgrades to full-on new games. Not to say there isn't a chance the game will be bad- there's literally always a chance, that's just how game development works- but Nintendo's quality control is usually much better than TPC's, so odds are it'll at least be ok.

Even then, did Bowser even know about the existence of Infinite dreams?
It's blatantly stated that Bowswer was going to destroy every dream in the dream depot one by one, and it's been a constant warning for Mario that Bowser would do that in the game. Not only that, but Mario was stated that he had to protect "everybody's dream." So Bowser very well was going to destroy infinite dreams, which is an infinite speed feat. Plus, Bowser was also traversing to a different universe each time as I said, which, again, requires infinite speed as universes are infinite in Mario as my scan showed.
There are far better proofs of the existence of Infinite dreams btw
First of all, that doesn't debunk anything I say; second of all, my main point here is that Bowser was also traversing to a different universe each time, which means he must have infinite speed in order to achieve such a feat.
Mario and co. having Infinite Speed would mean that they can cross any finite distance in 0 time.... Which kinda contradicts the point of every single game
This can simply be dismissed as game mechanics.

Beyond the fact that being able to lift a castle full of someone doesn't mean you can one-shot that someone (I can lift a brick but I can't smash it. Now don't get me wrong, Mario can definitely one-shot Goombas, but that's a bad example), it can't really be game mechanics when it's literally part of the (very basic) plotlines of each game. Now I don't think that's the strongest argument vs Mario being infinite speed (the half trillion speed anti-feats are more like it), but like, yes a character not solving something in zero time when they'd have reason to do so does imply that they don't have the ability to do so. It's not necessarily something that'd hold up in front of characters with more explicit Infinite feats like those two allegedly but it isn't entirely invalid as a point.

I don't understand because the same logic for those two does apply. Doomslayer and Kratos have infinite speed and so they can logically just complete the game and completely abide the plotline of the game since they can move any finite distance in zero time. For instance, in both the games you obviously have to traverse long distances to reach a specified location or etc. Why is Mario an exception?

Back