• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Um, anyways, I definitely wanna like find more shit for the P&A page for Mario. I could go through like every Mario Party and list shit they've shown in mini games or on the boards themselves. I don't think there's a ton of MP stuff on the profiles right now

I don't understand because the same logic for those two does apply. Doomslayer and Kratos have infinite speed and so they can logically just complete the game and completely abide the plotline of the game since they can move any finite distance in zero time. For instance, in both the games you obviously have to traverse long distances to reach a specified location or etc. Why is Mario an exception?
Didn't really wanna touch this, but basically you need to have explicitly crossed an infinite distance. With Mario we don't have them escaping the bounds of the infinite universe typically, and in cases where it could be so, you could also argue portals. Like yes, they can go to the "ends" of the universe, but space exists outside of that too. I think this is the best explanation I can give. The Void and Pure Hearts empowered characters should probably be infinite though

I believe the only feat likely to potentially be infinite speed os Bowser hopping dream worlds and somehow getting to the Dream Depot itself, and the game doesn't show him using portals really. But it's still not directly shown and he does have the capability to teleport and open portals so it's iffy

Didn't really wanna touch this, but basically you need to have explicitly crossed an infinite distance. With Mario we don't have them escaping the bounds of the infinite universe typically, and in cases where it could be so, you could also argue portals. Like yes, they can go to the "ends" of the universe, but space exists outside of that too. I think this is the best explanation I can give. The Void and Pure Hearts empowered characters should probably be infinite though

I believe the only feat likely to potentially be infinite speed os Bowser hopping dream worlds and somehow getting to the Dream Depot itself, and the game doesn't show him using portals really. But it's still not directly shown and he does have the capability to teleport and open portals so it's iffy
So basically, universes in Mario ARE infinite like my scan showed, it's just that nobody in the verse can actually escape or traverse it's entirety?

Also, Bowser was going to destroy evert universe in the dream depot universe by universe, and as said, there are an infinite amount of universes in the dream depot. So Bowser had the capability to destroy and manage to catch up to infinity itself to be able to destroy each universe one by one. Isn't that infinite speed?

It said universes or just space?

If it's actually the former then yeah I don't see why it couldn't be infinite speed if they reach the "end" of the universe, which shouldn't be possible if it's infinite

Here’s a bit of perspective for you.

When the game was revealed, it immediately looked so bad that it made people's smiles drop from their faces.

On release, the game had more bugs in it than the original Red and Blue did in 1996.

Among those bugs, you could exploit many of them at once to repeatedly clone whole boxes of Shiny Pokemon at once, or even turn normal Pokemon Shiny. This was patched so slowly that to this day, Sinnoh Shiny Pokemon are worth next to nothing.
Hmmm... I didn't know that. Yeah, that's much less forgiving all in all, then again overly buggy Pokemon games nowadays are sadly all the new releases, I mean, remember the state in which Scarlet and Violet were in the first month. This doesn't excuse it, not at all, but it is tied to the rushed development cycles more than anything.

Can't defend the chibi graphics. Sad part is that they can be done in a charming way, look at the Link's Awakening Remake.

It said universes or just space?

If it's actually the former then yeah I don't see why it couldn't be infinite speed if they reach the "end" of the universe, which shouldn't be possible if it's infinite
It said "space is infinite, and this infinite space is filled with hopes and dreams." And wdym by reaching the "end of the universe?" Are you saying some Mario characters or Mario himself reached the end of the infinite universe, which is infinite speed?

It said "space is infinite, and this infinite space is filled with hopes and dreams." And wdym by reaching the "end of the universe?" Are you saying some Mario characters or Mario himself reached the end of the infinite universe, which is infinite speed?
If that's the quote then we can't use that for infinite speed for base characters

Because space encompasses more than just the physical universe. I don't remember what the japanese for that line says. Space and Universe can be gotten from the same kanji. I guess you could argue their intention was the universe if you really want but not sure if it'll hold

Because space encompasses more than just the physical universe. I don't remember what the japanese for that line says. Space and Universe can be gotten from the same kanji. I guess you could argue their intention was the universe if you really want but not sure if it'll hold
Alright. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the universe isn't infinite, but space is? And the space in question here is likely the Multiverse, right? Considering that it mentions the infinite space is filled with "infinite dreams?" If so, doesn't this entail infinite universes in the Multiverse?

That's been a possible 2-A argument sure but your mileage may vary with who's willing to accept it
Well, in this case. My scan says that space is FILLED with dreams, so logically speaking, it means that there are infinite dreams, since the definition of "fill" is to "cause (a space or container) to become full or almost full." So, therefore, Bowser destroying these universes one by one grants him infinite speed since he's catching up to the concept of infinity to destroy them all.

Well, in this case. My scan says that space is FILLED with dreams, so logically speaking, it means that there are infinite dreams, since the definition of "fill" is to "cause (a space or container) to become full or almost full." So, therefore, Bowser destroying these universes one by one grants him infinite speed since he's catching up to the concept of infinity to destroy them all.
This is just high 3-A, at least by vsbw standards. I think the verse is def 2-A but this probably isnt good justification for 2-A.

Infinite speed is ALWAYS contradicted to be fair. There are always going to be more examples of finite speeds.

And tbe dreams are literally all the same size in Dream Depot. Regardless of what Kirb and Fuji say I'll never agree with them being portrayed as different sizes when the nly example we have for comparison literally shows them all being the same size.

Plus it's the fact there's infinite dreams accepted and he was going to destroy them all. That requires infinite speed or immortality to do so, and actually immortality doesn't actually accomplish it you literally just need infinite speed to do something like that

Infinite speed is ALWAYS contradicted to be fair. There are always going to be more examples of finite speeds.
I agree with that, that's why these situations should be judged case by case

And tbe dreams are literally all the same size in Dream Depot. Regardless of what Kirb and Fuji say I'll never agree with them being portrayed as different sizes when the nly example we have for comparison literally shows them all being the same size.
I personally agree with that, but i thought you was talking about the Infinite Universe, my bad

Plus it's the fact there's infinite dreams accepted and he was going to destroy them all. That requires infinite speed or immortality to do so, and actually immortality doesn't actually accomplish it you literally just need infinite speed to do something like that
Cool, you would still need to prove he would physically travel through all the dreams to destroy them

How else would he accomplish it? He literally is seen hopping from dreams, showing physical movement. And infinity is infinity. If he has a finite speed or finite anything at all he would not be able to accomplish that goal. I guess you could say Misstsr overestimated his abilities but she's one of the mythical star spirits I doubt she's one for hyperbole.

And infinity is infinity. If he has a finite speed or finite anything at all he would not be able to accomplish that goal.
I'm feeling stupid for don't think on that

Even If this is indeed a legit speed feat, you would have to prove that It ins't an outlier
I guess you could say Misstsr overestimated his abilities but she's one of the mythical star spirits I doubt she's one for hyperbole
Nah, hyperbole is definitely out of question

"outlier" is subjective as hell, but for this wiki's standards it absolutely would be.

Pure Hearts/Chaos Heart wielders should still get infinite though.

I wanted to ask, does Super Mario Galaxy 2 and other Mario games have different cosmological structures or universes than other ones, such as Super Mario Odyssey? For example, Super Mario Odyssey contains the world with infinite population which is contained within the Ancient Kingdom, and Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the other hand is set in a galaxy which contains worlds that are basically galaxy superclusters, but does not contain the world with infinite population in Odyssey.

Center of the universe means nothing since that's very relative and isn't explicitly traveling an infinite distance. You could theoretically argue that it's both finite and infinite in an infinite universe but we don't know for sure. Same goes for the other feats. I guess maybe the ends of the universe is the best argument you have, but I think there's explicitly only a couple of those.

And really they're just going to call it an outlier regardless and too inconsistent. Best you can manage is maybe arguing it for the Power Stars tier since forms of Lumas (launch stars) are responsible for the ends of the universe feat in one game.

Center of the universe means nothing since that's very relative and isn't explicitly traveling an infinite distance. You could theoretically argue that it's both finite and infinite in an infinite universe but we don't know for sure. Same goes for the other feats. I guess maybe the ends of the universe is the best argument you have, but I think there's explicitly only a couple of those.

And really they're just going to call it an outlier regardless and too inconsistent. Best you can manage is maybe arguing it for the Power Stars tier since forms of Lumas (launch stars) are responsible for the ends of the universe feat in one game.
But the observatory was flying from World 1 all the way to the center of the universe, so they must have traversed the realm with infinite ghosts, shouldn't they? Like, the infinite ghosts population space is located within one of the twelve kingdoms in Super Mario Odyssey, which is located within Earth.

Last edited:
It would be a bit inconsistent, since Grand Stars in the second game require portals to travel to other Worlds. It's not just pure speed. Even if you subscribe to those Worlds being universes because of the japanese text (I personally do).

MarioLuigiBrothership_Char

New render

Back