• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
damn, now you got me wanting to browse all the MP titles for something noteworthy
Lol. They've probably been combed through.

Noteworthy for what?

Keep in mind, most of the player characters are already like, Tier 7, if not Tier 3 or so.
There are some games where Koopa Kid, Boo, Dry Bones, Toad, Toadette, etc. are playable or have feats.

Mario Party 3 is especially frustrating because IIRC -You may want to fact check this- but the story has everything take place in a toy box the Milennium Star shrunk everyone down & put into.
Meaning masses & distances may be far lesser than they appear, reducing feats. Not to mention, a lot of things in it are blatant props rather than real objects.

Though there probably is stuff in the side modes & such, & for fodder. Maybe also for skill feats?

Lol. They've probably been combed through.

Noteworthy for what?

Keep in mind, most of the player characters are already like, Tier 7, if not Tier 3 or so.
There are some games where Koopa Kid, Boo, Dry Bones, Toad, Toadette, etc. are playable or have feats.

mainly scoping for anythin'

whether it's for fodder, or the main cast, but I'd probs go for fodder too since they also need some lovin'

Mario Party 3 is especially frustrating because IIRC -You may want to fact check this- but the story has everything take place in a toy box the Milennium Star shrunk everyone down & put into.
Meaning masses & distances may be far lesser than they appear, reducing feats. Not to mention, a lot of things in it are blatant props rather than real objects.

I'll tackle that at a later date, unless someone beats me to the punch

Though there probably is stuff in the side modes & such, & for fodder. Maybe also for skill feats?

mayhaps

I will say, I remember a Mini-Game in MP5 or 6 that has the cast ground pounding through big cubes of stone. Easy AP feat to calculate, though it probably doesn't breach Tier 9.
Rocky Road is playable in Super Stars, which is a feat for characters like Toad.

IIRC, 1 of the MP3 Item Mini-Games has the Koopa Kid survive being launched into the starry sky horizon by being hit with a toy hammer. But because toy props, its dubious the starry sky, let alone the horizon is real. Otherwise, probably a Tier 9 Durability feat.

& MP5 & MP7 give the individual Koopa Kids (IIRC, the ones in MP5 may be distinct, as they can be player characters in a mode, & are also distinctly coloured.) some vehicles they use in the Bowser Mini-Games.

Lifting Strength feat (Technically pushing.):
Some Minigames from Mario Party 9 can be played 1vs2, including Block and Roll. When it's played this way, the duo's rocks are larger.
Toad, Koopa, Shy Guy, & Magikoopa (Kamek in the Britain English version.) are all playable characters in Mario Party 9, so this should scale to them, as they can push such boulders enough to make the boulder start going downhill. Dunno if curved shape makes how much pushing is needed by making it easier, but in theory, still a good feat.
Depending on how being hit by boulders affect the solo player, may also be a Durability feat.

Also, watched ZoomZike's Solo Cruise stream on Mario Party 7 - apparently, Bowser can use a Star on Bowser's Enchanted Inferno to sink an entire island for 5 turns. This happens if you land on one of the Event Spaces that causes this or if 5 turns have passed (the difference is, the Event Space version causes players to lose a Star).

Bowser can do this to one of 4 islands on that board too if either condition is fulfilled. So my question is... depending on the size of these 4 islands, can this be classified as a 6-C feat or a High 6-C feat (if this is already listed on Bowser's page, by the way, please let me know)?

OK. So looking at the picture of the map from Super Mario Wiki, I'm kind of unsure if the 4 islands next to the one in the center are regular islands or large islands.
MP7_Bowser%27sEnchantedInferno%21.jpg

5,072 degrees Fahrenheit, or around 2,800 degrees Celsius.
Basis?
OK. So looking at the picture of the map from Super Mario Wiki, I'm kind of unsure if the 4 islands next to the one in the center are regular islands or large islands.
MP7_Bowser%27sEnchantedInferno%21.jpg
In this case, I don't think they're "islands" in the traditional sense.
When you consider their size compared to say, Mario, I doubt any of the islands have peak elevations above a few dozen meters.
& not much suggests there's any kind of solid foundation BENEATH their ground either.

Meaning these don't seem like Tier 6 Landmasses because they don't have the... mass.

The best I can think of is measuring the KE & trying to account for how magma is very thick such that it should impede the submerging of the island into the lava.

Still, if you wanna calc their mass, feel free, but I'm skeptical it'd be a Tier 6 mass.
Also, IIRC, he sinks the Island that HAS the Star Space, rather than using the Star that's already present.

At the end of Mario's Lovely Lift, the character raises up the Star, which then drops down many Stars, hitting Bowser's Clown Car with several stars that all aim at it.
When Koopa Kid flies into the defeated Bowser's spot in his own Clown Car, another Star hits Koopa Kid, too, defeating him.

Things of note:
1. The fact that they don't do this until the 100th floor, where the open, starry sky in view implies there may be a range issue, or being in the tower obstructs the attack.
2. Koopa Kid & his vehicle are defeated with 1 Star, unlike Bowser & his vehicle. Tragic.
3. The attack on Koopa Kid happens while the player character has their back turned to where Bowser was & Koopa Kid is, as the player character is celebrating; This implies that attack happened automatically.
4. All of them are aimed towards Bowser. By my count, this may barely count for Danmaku:
Note: To qualify for Danmaku, the user has to be shown to create tens or dozens of projectiles in a very short timeframe (i.e., at least 20 to 24 minimum). The projectiles don't need to be created simultaneously but they should all be shown in motion at roughly the same time.

By my account, 28 Stars hit Bowser. The 1st appears at about 1:42 & the last appears at about 1:47.

5. IDK if they do, but they're all aimed at the same spot, but they might qualify for Homing Attack?

A note about point 2.
This Mini-Game is kind of the "final battle/boss" of Solo Cruise, & when completed in that, there's a cutscene that shows Bowser & Koopa Kid crashing down onto an island. IDK if the fall itself would get above Tier 9, though.

Both Bowser & Koopa Kid land on the deserted island with a big impact & burst of smoke, & are clearly dazed, though they're able to speak & steady themselves & stand shortly after.

So Koopa Kid kind of survives a Power Star's attack, & what is implied to be the fall from shortly after caused by the Power Star defeating him & his vehicle, albeit, he's very dazed, & he experienced a far lesser attack than Bowser.

Koopa Kid scaling to Power Star, albeit, probably downscaling since a single hit from 1 -Whereas Bowser was dealt 28 hits in his defeat & his vehicle exploded, unlike Koopa Kids- defeated him & left him dazed?

Outlier? I mean, he's kind of a jobber/butt monkey, & very recognizable as a minion, though he also generally isn't really fought like regular enemies, & has stuff that kind of suggests he's on par with other Mario characters?

ah

I also remembered something from a Mario game and decided to look it up

apparently, in SM3DW, Meowser can handle 3 POW block attacks

what should we make of that? considering POW blocks have been pretty consistently portrayed to, at most, one shot foes
Shouldn't Bowser be well in excess of 3 times stronger than fodder, or even his minions in general?

Also, keep in mind 7.5x being oneshot is just for Versus Thread when there isn't a known valid basis for a oneshot range in the verse.

Do we know of any basises for valid oneshot ranges in the Mario 'verse, especially applicable to those that the Pow Block can one shot?

You could also compare the POW Block's effects to this:

A quake that shakes indoor objects, is at least Magnitude 3, which is Building Level.

Although, they might be disqualified by these notes:

• Total Seismic Energy should only be used for real earthquakes. It shouldn't be used for physical earthquakes or earthquakes caused through abilities.
  • Shaking a minor area should not be assumed to automatically translate to an earthquake. Either a large area being shaken or evidence that we are dealing with something earthquake-like and not just some minor shaking would be needed.
(To say nothing of the Earth Quake item in TTYD which has IIRC, mostly identical effects but higher power.)

In this case, I don't think they're "islands" in the traditional sense.
When you consider their size compared to say, Mario, I doubt any of the islands have peak elevations above a few dozen meters.
& not much suggests there's any kind of solid foundation BENEATH their ground either.

Meaning these don't seem like Tier 6 Landmasses because they don't have the... mass.

The best I can think of is measuring the KE & trying to account for how magma is very thick such that it should impede the submerging of the island into the lava.

Still, if you wanna calc their mass, feel free, but I'm skeptical it'd be a Tier 6 mass.
Also, IIRC, he sinks the Island that HAS the Star Space, rather than using the Star that's already present.
Good point.
Ananka Group over in Mumbai, India? (Yes, they have a Quora account apparently and yes, they answered a question about the temperature at which steel vaporizes.)

Shouldn't Bowser be well in excess of 3 times stronger than fodder, or even his minions in general?

Also, keep in mind 7.5x being oneshot is just for Versus Thread when there isn't a known valid basis for a oneshot range in the verse.

Do we know of any basises for valid oneshot ranges in the Mario 'verse, especially applicable to those that the Pow Block can one shot?

You could also compare the POW Block's effects to this:

A quake that shakes indoor objects, is at least Magnitude 3, which is Building Level.

Although, they might be disqualified by these notes:

• Total Seismic Energy should only be used for real earthquakes. It shouldn't be used for physical earthquakes or earthquakes caused through abilities.
  • Shaking a minor area should not be assumed to automatically translate to an earthquake. Either a large area being shaken or evidence that we are dealing with something earthquake-like and not just some minor shaking would be needed.
(To say nothing of the Earth Quake item in TTYD which has IIRC, mostly identical effects but higher power.)

I know, but like-

can't you use the POW block on Bowser in both Super Mario Maker games?

So what, you want POW Blocks to scale to Bowser & Bowser Jr.? Of course they'd one-shot enemies then, since they'd be far above them.

So what, you want POW Blocks to scale to Bowser & Bowser Jr.? Of course they'd one-shot enemies then, since they'd be far above them.

they're listed as dura neg in the OE tab on his profile, and I'm wondering if that would be some sort of resistance to it for Meowser

Only the ones that pierce defence, which tbf is like 75% of all Paper Mario items anyway
Which PM attacking items DON'T pierce Defense?

Like, unless it's immune or weak to it, a Fire Flower does 3 damage to everything in that? & a Pebble can do 1 damage to any target.

Which PM attacking items DON'T pierce Defense?

Like, unless it's immune or weak to it, a Fire Flower does 3 damage to everything in that? & a Pebble can do 1 damage to any target.
If they're not explicitly said and shown to ignore the defense stat then it won't count. So basic jump or hammer attacks are out, but then almost everything else is good to use.

Seeing that Class P calc for Mario got me thinking, could we get something from Bowsers giant form being strong enough to just ignore the pull of that black hole or vortex that was dragging in entire planets in MP9?

Back