• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The cutscene shows it’s small.
I think Fox is saying his concern is that the moon in DKC has been depicted as being more like The Real World's Earth's moon in size, & the small size the cutscene portrays the moon as being, contradicts the "Assume like Earth unless shown otherwise" "rule" we often employ for many 'verses.

Of course, I don't know which instances in DKC show the moon to be like IRL's moon in size or which Fox claims are such instances, so I can't say I'm certain one way or another what's more accurate at the moment.

But yes, the moon's size is shown in the cutscene, rather than gameplay, so it would feel weird to ignore the game showing us that it's that size, although some may argue it was only that size in the cutscene for scale; So that other entities in that cutscene could be depicted at sizes that would be reasonable to present them at; Wouldn't want the Earth or something looking too big to fit on screen, nor DK too small to be seen during his punching of the moon.

The small moon in DKC ain't getting accepted as irl size on this site. Meanwhile, the chad Zelda is gonna have the small moon from Majoras Mask accepted as being the size of the real moon. Which also reminds me that the lifting strength CRT involving said moon should probably get concluded at some point.

btw does anyone know where I can get footage of Bowser entering his rage mode in Bowser's Inside Story. I've struggled to find any instance of it since it's random and atm I've only got a link to the mario wiki as justification for him having rage power.

The small moon in DKC ain't getting accepted as irl size on this site. Meanwhile, the chad Zelda is gonna have the small moon from Majoras Mask accepted as being the size of the real moon. Which also reminds me that the lifting strength CRT involving said moon should probably get concluded at some point.

btw does anyone know where I can get footage of Bowser entering his rage mode in Bowser's Inside Story. I've struggled to find any instance of it since it's random and atm I've only got a link to the mario wiki as justification for him having rage power.
Why is the moon large?

Why do we think it is small we don't have an actual size for it. If it is because dk island we don't have a size for it either
We treat it as small because it isn't that much bigger than the island, we have a calc for the size of the island and even if we didn't there's no way we could say the island is large enough that the moon would be portrayed as large as our own.

Why is the moon large?
Which moon, I mentioned 3 of them in my comment

We treat it as small because it isn't that much bigger than the island, we have a calc for the size of the island and even if we didn't there's no way we could say the island is large enough that the moon would be portrayed as large as our own
Why did we do that we could of just used the normal moon?

We treat it as small because it isn't that much bigger than the island, we have a calc for the size of the island and even if we didn't there's no way we could say the island is large enough that the moon would be portrayed as large as our own.

Which moon, I mentioned 3 of them in my comment
The majors mask

Why did we do that we could of just used the normal moon?
Because it's not shown to be the size of the normal moon, going by the cutscene it's way too small so the site decided to use that instead of using our actual moon.

The majors mask
Basically we're gonna chalk up the moon being small in the game due to limitations and whatnot, there's art in the game that shows it's size in comparison to the planet and it's about the same as the real moon so we're gonna start treating it as being as large as our own moon. Or at least we will start treating it like it's our own moon when the lifting strength crt gets going again.

I mean, when the moon falls and lands on the island the game takes place on it's shown being only about twice the size of it. I personally don't really care much if the moon is treated as being small or as large as our own, but the way the game handles the moon punch doesn't exactly do much to persuade this site from thinking it isn't just comically small.

Basically we're gonna chalk up the moon being small in the game due to limitations and whatnot, there's art in the game that shows it's size in comparison to the planet and it's about the same as the real moon so we're gonna start treating it as being as large as our own moon. Or at least we will start treating it like it's our own moon when the lifting strength crt gets going again.
Now that I think about it, the moon was gonna destroy the world, so moving it back would just be planetary lifting strength

And which official art says its the same as the real moon?

And which official art says its the same as the real moon?
There's a few places in the game that has diagrams showing the planet and moon next to each other like the observatory and the size difference is about the same as in real life.

Also on the topic of moons, pretty sure DK punching the moon would be way higher than planet level if we assumed it's the actual moon. Given how fast it falls to the earth it'd at least be very high into large planet level, probs would breach dwarf star level. Not that it'll ever be accepted that way.

There's a few places in the game that has diagrams showing the planet and moon next to each other like the observatory and the size difference is about the same as in real life.

Also on the topic of moons, pretty sure DK punching the moon would be way higher than planet level if we assumed it's the actual moon. Given how fast it falls to the earth it'd at least be very high into large planet level, probs would breach dwarf star level. Not that it'll ever be accepted that way.
Can you show me?

And DK moon can still make strong tidal waves, implying a similar amount of mass

I know the site won't accept the DK Moon Punch to be the actual Moon. I'm just saying it's pretty hypocritical to assume it's not because of the cutscene when DK and Mario share the same ******* universe and we've literally seen the Moon before, logic we've used for other verses. There's also space levels in DK where we can see the Moon depicted in the background while DK is in the atmosphere and shit. It's definitely not as small as the cutscene had it be because, again, as stated in my original comment, Mario changes sizes for scenes like that all the time. DK is no exception due to being part of the franchise.

For me, DK's feat absolutely should be Dwarf Star but I know a lot of people don't like that because we for some reason prioritize cutscenes that were made for the funnies even though they're still trying to show you that they actually have that power. Most celestial bodies won't ever be fully accurate in a ton of media so I find the semantics of trying to figure out their exact measurements kinda silly when the intentions are inherently clear. Unless the verse and/or creators specifically acknowledge that the objects are smaller than typical celestial bodies or they always have been tiny and different than actual stars and shit and aren't more consistently portrayed as their actual sizes when not in cutscenes or because of limitations

Yeah I don't know why we treat the moon in Donkey Kong Country as being island sized it's weird. We should start treating it as building sized bump the feat down from tier 6 to tier 7 🗿

And yeah Peach has had the love power before, but I think it's pretty funny seeing Rosalina look like she's head over heels for Peach since it can also affect her.

Just in time for Pride Month? 😳

I know the site won't accept the DK Moon Punch to be the actual Moon. I'm just saying it's pretty hypocritical to assume it's not because of the cutscene when DK and Mario share the same ******* universe and we've literally seen the Moon before, logic we've used for other verses. There's also space levels in DK where we can see the Moon depicted in the background while DK is in the atmosphere and shit. It's definitely not as small as the cutscene had it be because, again, as stated in my original comment, Mario changes sizes for scenes like that all the time. DK is no exception due to being part of the franchise.

For me, DK's feat absolutely should be Dwarf Star but I know a lot of people don't like that because we for some reason prioritize cutscenes that were made for the funnies even though they're still trying to show you that they actually have that power. Most celestial bodies won't ever be fully accurate in a ton of media so I find the semantics of trying to figure out their exact measurements kinda silly when the intentions are inherently clear. Unless the verse and/or creators specifically acknowledge that the objects are smaller than typical celestial bodies or they always have been tiny and different than actual stars and shit and aren't more consistently portrayed as their actual sizes when not in cutscenes or because of limitations
I completely agree with this.

Oh right should probs mention but a while ago I searched up Mario on the wiki since I remembered someone doing a sandbox that I thought would be useful for my the powers and abilities crt I'm doing for Bowser since it had some links to resistances that Mario and Bowser have, and while trying to find it I stumbled upon another sandbox that lists all the anti feats in the series to show that they're consistently way weaker than what he have them that. Can't remember what sandbox it was since I only took a very short peek but yeah, don't be surprised if there's a thread to downgrade the Mayro Bros down to tier 7 or something in the near future lol, already know from previous that a noticeable handful of staff don't agree with anything higher than tier 7 or 6.

Also did we ever get a calc for Mario and Luigi dodging sunlight in Superstar Saga? I think we're getting (Or already have) stricter travel speed rules that might not let us continue using the galaxy traveling feats from SMG so I was thinking the sunlight dodge could be a useful feat to fall back on if MFTL+ ever goes down the drain.

I'm fully aware of the people who think they should be Tier 7/6.

I don't really agree because a lot of those tier 7 feats suffer the same "issues" they have with higher interpretations when we give them scrutiny. Also Kamek's tornado and Bye Bye Cannon for example can easily be written off and probably aren't legit anymore.

And we don't really need the sunlight dodge since Rosalina just kicks a soccer ball to another celestial body casually for her Super from Strikers, but if you want to collect smaller feats like that, sure. There's tons of laser dodges shit we could try and shuffle through to see if any of them are legit and all as well.

Also I think the fodder should scale to the reactions of the rest of the cast for consistent portrayals in spin-off titles, especially since Superstars confirmed them all as canon to the main cast. And truthfully MP and Sports games and things like the side modes in M&L are the only actual feats most fodder have that aren't just scaling. The feat that makes fodder Tier 8 comes from scaling to a Monty Mole from Strikers even.

The game also has large waves, so the moon must have really high gravity

Oh right should probs mention but a while ago I searched up Mario on the wiki since I remembered someone doing a sandbox that I thought would be useful for my the powers and abilities crt I'm doing for Bowser since it had some links to resistances that Mario and Bowser have, and while trying to find it I stumbled upon another sandbox that lists all the anti feats in the series to show that they're consistently way weaker than what he have them that. Can't remember what sandbox it was since I only took a very short peek but yeah, don't be surprised if there's a thread to downgrade the Mayro Bros down to tier 7 or something in the near future lol, already know from previous that a noticeable handful of staff don't agree with anything higher than tier 7 or 6.

Also did we ever get a calc for Mario and Luigi dodging sunlight in Superstar Saga? I think we're getting (Or already have) stricter travel speed rules that might not let us continue using the galaxy traveling feats from SMG so I was thinking the sunlight dodge could be a useful feat to fall back on if MFTL+ ever goes down the drain.
Someone calced dodging lasers from that game to FTL, and there are other immeasurable speed feats, like star bits travelling at comparable speed to Mario in Galaxy, and Magikoopas can deflect them

The millenium star didn't seem to be holding back its speed when mario and co. fight it.

Mario and Luigi can tag the Shroob spaceship and react to it while it is flying at full speed, which flew from this far away to the Mushroom World, and even if it took years it would be mftl++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I have a CRT in the works to attempt to give Mario every single ability in the entire wiki except omniscience, omnipresence, acausality type 5 (maybe 4 with these shit standards), precognition

What. That's definitely not gonna go through just saying lol

Like, Mario has a lot of powers but not that much.

Also they're not immeasurable feats they're just FTL-MFTL+

What. That's definitely not gonna go through just saying lol

Like, Mario has a lot of powers but not that much.

Also they're not immeasurable feats they're just FTL-MFTL+
He does, but not by this wiki standards. It doesn't matter if not all of em get through

Yeah I actually meant MFTL+, not immeasurable, but for the record I have Goombas at immeasurable speed in mario galaxy

How tf do you get immeasurable goombas?
Mario can move through time and react at that speed in galaxy 1 and 2, and goombas usually are a threat to Mario. They vary pretty drastically in power in games, there's other goombas in SPM that scale to the Chaos Heart

Mario can move through time and react at that speed in galaxy 1 and 2, and goombas usually are a threat to Mario. They vary pretty drastically in power in games, there's other goombas in SPM that scale to the Chaos Heart
???

When does Mario move through time in either Galaxy game via his own speed? And which goombas are there that legitimately scale to the Chaos Heart?

???

When does Mario move through time in either Galaxy game via his own speed? And which goombas are there that legitimately scale to the Chaos Heart?
He can pilot starship mario which does and in SPM there's dialogue proving they are a threat to Mario physically

Ok, so when does starship mario move through time via raw speed? In the case of SPM, how does dialogue calling them a threat to mario mean they scale to the chaos heart which was way too much for mario to handle without the pure hearts?

???

Remember Yusei Fudo? The guy who created both Shooting Star Dragon & Shooting Quasar Dragon using his own speed?

Ok, so when does starship mario move through time via raw speed? In the case of SPM, how does dialogue calling them a threat to mario mean they scale to the chaos heart which was way too much for mario to handle without the pure hearts?
It travels through time by flying, no portals

Mario can survive the Void without any pure hearts, and in Super Mario Kun, each character with 1 pure heart can beat up Super Dimentio

It travels through time by flying, no portals

Mario can survive the Void without any pure hearts, and in Super Mario Kun, each character with 1 pure heart can beat up Super Dimentio
But when does it travel though time? The whole game takes place in the same universe in the same time period and it only travels between different galaxies.

Mario surviving the void (And not even the complete void which he can't survive without the hearts) is a durability/ee resistance feat not a speed feat, and Super Mario Kun is it's own thing and not canon to the main game series.

Back