• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subjective Reality for Destiny

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
Oryx, the Taken King

In the cold abyss of the sword world, King Aurash walked under a cloak of green fire. He walked through the sky and the sky shuddered and froze beneath his feet. He walked until he found Akka, the Worm of Secrets, who was denying a truth until it became a lie.
Akka can deny truths which causes them to be lies. Oryx kills Akka, in the process absorbing this ability. Akka also still remains in some way, as while he is dead he is not gone so Akka literally being inside Oryx as a parasite that he can call on also helps.

Gorgon (Destiny)

Like the Oracles and the Templar, the Gorgons reputedly possess the ability to define what is and is not real. Whatever they perceive becomes subject to erasure at their will. Until a countermeasure can be found, Guardians must avoid their gaze at all costs - or reply to any detection with immediate, overwhelming force.
Hopefully this is obvious.

You will meet the Templar in a place that is a time before or after stars. The stars will move around you and mark you and sing to you. They will decide if you are real.
This refers to Oracles. Both Oracles and Gorgons are Ontological weapons, and can do the same thing in game. Gorgons just cut out the middleman of the Templar and get straight to the erasure.

In both of these cases, not much really changes because the ability's just one of many that make up already established files, but since it's a page now guess I should add it. Oryx resists it too.

I'll go apply this since it's clear cut and not the biggest verse.

Also just gonna clarify his abstract existence, since he got that before it got split into types.

I'd also like to make mention that this type of ability would apply to both Riven and Xol as well through the use of the Anthem Anatheme. It's described here, but there are some relevant lore cards which are useful as well.

Both of these excerpts are from the asudeM lore card.

1. I understand what's happening here. Oryx Took the Ahamkara Riven, who then fell into Savath├╗n's claws. She devised a scheme to use Riven as bait. By inviting Guardians into the Dreaming City, then focusing the will of a group of powerful Guardians upon Riven, she tricked you into making a wish—a desire to alter objective reality to conform with our subjective need to save the City. Riven fed on that wish in order to breach the Dreaming City's defenses and invite D├╗l Incaru inside. D├╗l Incaru and her Taken are simply scouring the city for Awoken secrets; you don't need to fret about any greater agenda. Remember that you face an agent of Savath├╗n. It's to her advantage to make you see schemes and conspiracies everywhere you look.

I've been correlating information on the Ahamkara and the Hive worm parasites. Both display a peculiar ability to convert the host's intent into an ontomorphic, reality-altering effect. Both use similar language in their appeal to the host. I don't think they're the same species, however. The Hive worms spawn large numbers of young from relatively few adults, always display the same physical form, and live in communal groups. The Ahamkara are solitary, elusive, and seem to alter form to suit (or confuse) expectations. The shared syntax "o ___ mine" may be the key—it seems to be a shibboleth used to invoke an ontomorphic effect, placing the target in a cage of "o" (activational, specific, appealing, and naming) and "mine" (defining ownership and subordination). Ahamkara and worm may have evolved separately to exploit this effect, just as many species independently evolve eyes. This might place them in competition for the same ecological niche. I would expect a rivalry or antipathy between them.

Now from the Thetis Brave card

2. NO LISTEN PLEASE the ontopathic predator the chimera which has Riven your Desires from Your Intents It Wanted You Here just as all life must feed on an energy gradient it feeds on the separation between Subjective Desire and Objective Reality it is the opposite of fire for as fire feeds on the reduction of Order to Disorder so Riven feeds on the Anthem Anatheme which is the perverse coercion of Reality to match Desire. As the Human body breaks down Matter for Fuel so she desires the digestion of Objectivity to conform to your Subjective Will. She is the acid but you are the mouth which eats. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE UNIFIED WILL OF SIX ELITE GODSLAYERS ALL WISHING FOR A SINGLE THING WHICH WAS HER DESTRUCTION/PURIFICATION CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW SHE FEASTED UPON YOU

It should also be noted that users of the Anthem Anatheme are apparently able to survive after death in a non-coporeal state where their mind can still interact with reality. This is why Ahamkara are able to grant wishes even after death and Xol was able to commune with the Taken on Io and become Whisper of the Worm.

Yeah

Back