• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her glyphs wouldn't hit an intangible target

3) It doesn't, but I doubt gravity would much to a guy like SZ anyway, given he's vastly stronger than Weiss anyhow

Her glyphs dont hit targets period, she just uses it under him and holds him in pkace with it

@Bruce RWBY characters have 8-A durability without aura

Aura makes any slashes and cuts act as blunt attacks until it goes down

She doesnt need to concentrate to use glyphs, on the contray actually as she can create them very casually

Weiss CONSTANTLY plays a range game

If you're talking about the White Fang Lieutenant beating her then you are clearly missing a big point: his aura. If he were Sub-Zero then he would literally be in pieces, guts and entrails everywhere.

She slashed him to hell and back but stayed in one piece due to his aura blocking those slashes and making them blunt hits. So yeah your point is moot there

Basically, 95% of Bruce's argument is completely false, the complete opposite of Weiss' actual abilities, and a completely and totally inaccurate misrepresentation of her character

BruceTheBatman said:
Nico SNIP
1) Weiss isn't smarter than Sub Zero. At all. Her aura doesn't mean anything, it's all that gives her MCB dura, once it's gone she has pretty much Peak Human dura. If anything Sub Zero is the one who can tank more
2) Aura doesn't counter that. Normally lethal blows will absolutely kill, Aura only heals minor ones. If SZ shanks her in the throat, it's game over.

3) Blocking is something SZ can do with an ice wall, or his bare ******* hands (That Weiss can't do significant damage to). She needs to be able to concentrate when using glyphs, meaning Gravity won't help if SZ shoots her mid-glyph use.

4) Define "Special". He can totally spam them, and Weiss has never played the range game ever. Going at him in a circle, SZ could just use an omnidirectional attack (pretty sure he has those).

And is stronger than her, smarter than her (He's the Grandmaster of a Clan of ninja's. she's a wangsty Tsundere who once tried rushing someone with a similar strength, dura and power advantage (Glyphes and everything), and lost horribly. Said opponent didn't have SZ's combat skill, his freezing, his intangibility, his use of lethal techniques or even the same level of H2H skill), and he is simply a more ruthless fighter.

1. Yeah that makes no sense. Many characters have survived dust rounds and attacks similar to that nature in the face in the past.

3. Sounds like a DP, also I feel like you are reallly underestimating. She can use glyphs in combat just fine, why wouldnt she here?

4. Have you seen RWBY? She has used an AOE's and Range attacks in both her cinematic and throughout the show? Am I watching a different show because please tell me if I am..---

Also, calling her a tsundere is not an argument. Plus, smarter.??

Weiss is a rich girl taught by the finest of teachers, got accepted into beacon academy, one of the most prodigious schools inverse? Nah, she aint smarter lul.

If anything, this is inconclusive, as she is immensely more book smart AT LEAST.

Weiss has done well in some fights, judging from ONE fight does a disservice to all the other times she fought against Grimm.

I like Sub-Zero, but Weiss takes this and tbh, I dont think he has that much of a chance.

Sub Zero still has the AP advantage and superior fighting skills. He's also simply more ruthless.

And again, intangibility can't be countered by anything Weiss has

BruceTheBatman said:
Sub Zero still has the AP advantage and superior fighting skills. He's also simply more ruthless.
And again, intangibility can't be countered by anything Weiss has
Well, at least your honest.

I will give you AP and mindset, but fighting skills is to be debated.

Sub-Zero was taught by an elite clan, Weiss has had private lessons in the style of combat and is a natural genius in the RWBY verse.

So I think it is a toss up, especially since original timeline sub zero has a more spotty win loss record.

Weiss...hasn't really lost yet. Although could be wrong.

Also, may I remind you Sub-Zero can still be 'hit', especially by people of his calibur like most god tiers. IE: Liu Kang would be able to hit him. Also, Weiss can use fire and melt him, cant regenerate at that point

I find this point to be inconclusive. Sub-Zero would likely not just 'turn on and leave it on'. Weiss also has time dilation so in close combat, she can probably speed up her attacks, leading to a successful hit.

Logia users in one piece can still be hit, it is just really, really hard.

Plus, she can incapicitate him with just gravity crush and that leads to a win.

She is just immensely more versatile via other elemental control, has likely comparable AP with summoning, time dilation and gravity manipulation.

(Although I wanna add to not push this like my last thread, I like Sub-Zero more. Honestly, Noob Saibot or someone else might have been better off a matchup)

@Bruce Again, how does intangibility counter gravity manipulation? Once she sets up a gravity glyph field she can just hold him in place.

Yes, that's exactly what she does. I can give you the video where she suspends two guys in imd air and then ragdols them with her gravity glyphs if you'd like

Weiss for the range, versitility, and mobility advantage. Sub-Zero may have more experience and is more ruthless, but he is still more melee oriented, while Weiss in character has been known to spam dust at her enemies from a distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back