• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub Zero vs Geralt of Rivia - Grim Up North

Well I'm curious to see how Geralt does vs Mortal Kombat, I have wondered how the Witcher would do in the verse and all that.

Plot: Geralt has been transported to Earthrealm, where he is tested by Sub Zero to prove if he is worthy to enter Mortal Kombat.

Speed is equalised. Base Sub Zero is being used. Geralt is Blood and Wine and has all his stuff but no prior knowledge on what Sub Zero can do. SBA otherwise.

The Lin Kuei: 0

The Witcher: 2

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Its kinda like this, in game people can be frozen and be fine unless its a brutality cause of gameplay reasons though.

Granted Geralt strikes me as the kind that could certainly dodge tho tbf

Yep, I'm very sure Geralt can dodge this, considering he was dealing with the same shit many times. Geralt has resistance to normal ice but AZ is way too much for him. But if he can dodge it's fine.

What else is dangerous in Sub-Zero's arsenal? Some hardest things to deal with in your opinion (I'm ashamed I'm saying this because I mained him years ago in MM9)

Teleporting, pulling out weapons out of thin air, ice clones that can take the hit for Sub, can also turn himself into ice, stat amp himself, possibly jab pressure points (Not sure how this stacks up against Geralt's body type though considering his mutations)

EDIT: Sub in CQC iirc needs to actively grapple you to AZ if he's not using his other stuff. That said can we get some skill feats for Geralt again?

Last edited:
He has experience in fighting nearly everything you listed (teleportation is dangerous but Geralt has his enhanced senses), about pressure points, Geralt from what I remember has much different muscular structure than a normal human, + he has an armor so they might be useless.

Some feats are mentioned in the Intelligence section. Not only that but he scales above anyone but other Wolf School witchers and Letho in skill. (I have planned to make a large skill respect thread for Geralt but unfortunately had no will and time, so I can just occasionally mention good feats during debate)

Yeah I'd assume PP would be negated, Sub can probably get through armour but even then Geralt's mutations render it mute. (Can't recall if Geralt ever was PP'd in the games but I'd assume he would be fine)

For skill Sub's got some pretty good feats under his belt. I'll quote Ecstasy from the Sub vs Velvet match

"Sub-Zero has fought and defeated Goro and Kintaro in a 2v1, the former being able to hold his title as champion in Mortal Kombat for 500 years. Keep in mind that Goro has constantly fought Shaolin Monks and many other martial artists throughout the years and still beats them even though they have more knowledge on martial arts than him and have supernatural abilities such as elemental powers. It's impressive because Sub-Zero beat a guy who is super bored about fighting Shaolin Monks except for Liu Kang (Goro even told Liu Kang that he was hoping for a worthy Shaolin to fight against, implying that skilled martial artists are fodder to Goro)

He has defeated Ermac twice, who has the battle experience and minds of thousands of at least thousands of years old Edenian warriors who have fought back against Shao Kahn's invasion. He is experienced enough to train an entire clan of warriors to become Lin Kuei assassins and he did this all by himself.

He has also defeated and surpassed his brother, Bi-Han, who has fought of an immortal Elder God named Shinnok (said god has eons of experience fighting Raiden) and Quan Chi, a thousand year old sorcerer knowledgable on the most potent magic in MK."

Worth mentioning that Goro had no supernatural powers really yet he went up against loads that did and had better versatility than him there. Also those feats do come from later in Sub's career but even so the timescale isn't really all that long anyway tbh

Last edited:
Aight, so let's go for the "vanilla" skill lol:

Geralt is more or less equal to Vesemir (maybe just slightly less skilled), who taught Eskel, Lambert, Leo and Geralt all they know, and was one of the greatest Witchers with around 300-400 years of experience. He has fought thousands of powerful monsters during that time that had various advantages, like vampires and it's known he has fought them for example from his lover's story, so not far behind in that department. Geralt did pretty much the same.

Well, shooting Jesse James doesn't make you Jesse James, it matters how he defeated him, but that's sure impressive, even if said Edenian warriors have no exact feats. Geralt is used to fight at physical and range disadvantage with his opponents, for example (best one) - Vilgefortz who was far stronger and faster than Geralt.

Damn that's pretty good ngl, Vesemir seems like he'd be a superior version of Goro then. So Geralt should be better skilled by a fairly decent margin at any rate.

That said AZ is a tool that Sub employs quite often so Geralt's barrier stuff can't handle that right?

I could give more but I don't like comparisons in skill scaling (and comparing feats is exhausting) so let's just leave it.

Uhh, I don't know. Quen is still Low 7-B, nothing has changed, but I don't know if Absolute Zero can negate something that far above it.

Absolute Zero doesn't really care for durability to begin with, it negates it iirc via the complete absence of energy or smth like that. It was why Triborg defeated Eternal Champion back in the day actually cause his barrier or smth got nae nae'd via AZ

That or flinging a projectile, or having Geralt attack him while he turns to ice. Or teleport and grab. Its on a lot of Sub's attacks outside of him just punching or making blades iirc. Also I have doubts on Igni working against the ice as Sub's stuff goes to -500°F

That's... pretty OP if you ask me. But I think Geralt is able to avoid his attacks. If he turns into ice, Igni should be a pretty good counter.

It is yes tho tbf when all u got is a hammer lol. But yeah I'll put you down for Geralt the now? :)

EDIT: Geralt could TK the projectiles right? Could swear he's done smth similar to that before

Last edited:
I'm not sure. But before you count me in, I'll give some arguments to why Geralt could win this fight.

If Sub Zero turns into ice, he can quite easily melt him with Igni, because it's hot enough to melt steel plates. He has AP advantage (I don't know the exact value for this particular rating, but it's either 3.41827770062 Tons or 2.53951331577 Tons, 2 times lower than Geralt at best anyway), MASSIVE versatility advantage (He can slow down time, put him in Yrden and electrocute him, block physical attacks with Quen, use various mindhax bombs, deflect projectiles via omnidirectional Aard et cetera et cetera), from what I see - also a skill advantage in his own feats and experience, plus if some of his ice attacks are not AZ, he can block his chilling air that can freeze Witchers with Quen

I would have to search for some specific statements to be 100% sure, but his muscular structure should prevent pressure points. It's explicitly made for combat and that can't allow for any weak points. If he has any pressure points in his body they would he different from a normal person.

Though pressure points wouldn't work anyway on him, he has a chainmail after all.

Mhm yeah armour does help, but if all that witcher experiments did affect him then it could be at least a conventional level of resist at any rate lol

Dude is PACKED with those mutations my guy, so I wouldn't doubt that pressure points have no effect on him. But I'll ask for opinion on our server.

While I'm thinking the skill contest probably favors Geralt, along with him having all possible equipment, my primary concern is the potential of being baited into an Ice Clone (which would then freeze Geralt solid). Seeing as prior knowledge isn't allowed this would really put the ball in Sub Zero's court.

Not voting for now, will wait for more arguments.

Ice Clone? You mean baiting the guy who can hear someone's breathing and heartbeat from hundreds of meters away?
It's more so doing it in the middle of combat when I refer to baiting, Sub Zero is very evasive and will Ice Clone in response to someone trying to strike him.

I am also aware of Geralt's enhanced senses, but this is more a knowledge issue above all else.

Here's a video demonstrating it.

I mean would Geralt be liable to be baited there? Trying to think if he's ever fought someone who can do something like that before

The second he sees ice clone he'll go for Igni to melt it
Normally I'd say sure but it's about performing the Ice Clone when Geralt is already committed to an attack, he also won't know what it does (no prior knowledge) and think he could just cut through it instead of trying to stop himself.

I mean, isn't the ice clone... Literally ice clone? He will see it's made of ice, it's not like he can't cast a sign while holding his sword, he actually does this a lot. Geralt is not stupid and has many experiences with enemies using ice and ones that can freeze someone solid (any Wild Hunt mage, Ice Elementals), Igni is his best bet and he actually uses Signs a lot in his fights. Or just Aard it tens of meters away.

Even if he strikes him the clone with a sword, I don't think it's enough physical contact to actually freeze Geralt himself. His sword maybe? But he can un-do it with Igni I guess. (And nah I don't think he'll melt his own sword with Igni like that, if he has Aerondight.)

I mean, isn't the ice clone... Literally ice clone? He will see it's made of ice, it's not like he can't cast a sign while holding his sword, he actually does this a lot. Geralt is not stupid and has many experiences with enemies using ice and ones that can freeze someone solid (any Wild Hunt mage, Ice Elementals), Igni is his best bet and he actually uses Signs a lot in his fights. Or just Aard it tens of meters away.
If he's dealt with the same kind of concept before then sure I suppose, at least that means he'll be more cautious with it.

Even if he strikes him the clone with a sword, I don't think it's enough physical contact to actually freeze Geralt himself.
I'm sure it freezes through just about any contact, I thought there was a clip of Scorpion striking it in there somewhere but I could be mistaken.

Back