• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. Since serious Mob was stated to be equal to Tastsumaki (according to ONE, I think), will Mob scale to Tatsumaki whenever she gets scaled higher, due to the manga still ongoing?

I don't think he will keep being scaled even to current tatsumaki, if she gets an even higher showing it will probably be the last straw.

ONE never said Mob was equal to Tats, he said he wasn't sure who would win in a fight. Aside from the vagueness of the statement itself, everyone seems to fixate specifically on the AP statistics of both when there's several other factors at play that could determine the outcome of the fight regardless of AP.

@SuperAPM

Mike looked right "at" Psykos (even though if you line up what he's staring at then it would be her feet) because he was already looking in that direction because in the panel before he states "Please look to your right" and coincidently that's were Psykos appeared. Her appearence almost tips over the cart and by the way its tip, it forces Mike to look "at" Psykos even though its just the explosion. Crossing 15 kilometers while going at the speeds Tatsumaki and Psykos scales to currently would mean Mike shouldn't be able to react to Psykos her either way so that doesn't mean much. This same Mike did see what Flashy and Saitama did to those monster in the mine while Flashy was using his speed.

Yeah, but they are practically equal, (though I would say Mob wins). But thanks Epiccheev for clearing that up for me.

SuperAPM said:
ONE never said Mob was equal to Tats, he said he wasn't sure who would win in a fight. Aside from the vagueness of the statement itself, everyone seems to fixate specifically on the AP statistics of both when there's several other factors at play that could determine the outcome of the fight regardless of AP.
I mean, then we should disregard the statements about Garou vs Boros too...

Attempting to scale Tornado or Psykos to Rel because of the Flashy Flash thing is baseless. Expressing confusion to a random explosion is not a valid scaling justification anymore than Batman going "!" to the Flash running as a reason to make him MFTL+.

KGiffoni said:
I mean, then we should disregard the statements about Garou vs Boros too...
I don't really agree here. Compare how detailed he is with Boros vs Garou compared to Tornado vs Mob

ONE: Garou or Boros, who would win? Before, Boros was definitely the stronger one, but Garou is now a near-perfect monster. I don't really know. A good match . . . I do believe Garou is stronger in close combat where things like punches and kicks can generally be avoided.

Even if you look at the depiction in the work, Boros fights with overwhelming power, excellent regenerative ability, and energy attack from a long distance, whereas Garou fights with excellent fighting ability (Although it was moderate, Saitama (I showed his attack many times.) I can't say which one is stronger.

vs

ONE: Mob against Tatsumaki is usually Tatsumaki, but if he gets serious, I am not sure.

Like he gives some detailed reasoning for one and a single sentence for the other.

Qawsedf234 said:
Expressing confusion to a random explosion is not a valid scaling justification anymore than Batman going "!" to the Flash running as a reason to make him MFTL+.
But thats what I'm saying. I'm not scaling because Flashy Flashes expression, I'm scaling because he literally said "What was that?" while Saitama has a thought bubble telling us he saw everything clearly (as in he saw it was a human bursting from the ground). I am the one disregarding the little monster in the cart "reacting to the Psykos" because he screamed at a surprised explosion.

It doesn't matter what direction he was looking at. If she was moving at such ludicrous speeds he wouldn't even have had time to move a slight inch by the time she met up with Tats, yet he has enough time to jump back in shock full guanged eye and all even whilst she's right next to him. You can calc what speeds Psykos would need to have moved at in order to cross over 15 Km in that timespan to get her travel speed and Wazowski's reaction speed, but I'd be shocked if got even Sub-Relativistic results.

I'm just not seeing this as valid. When Flashy went serious, Awakened Garou expressed that he would've been to fast for his previous state which fought Golden Sperm to handle. Psykos and Tornado do not have the required evidence to scale them to Flashy based on a panel where he expresses confusion of a sudden explosion. Its just extremely flimsy in my view.

Its like when people tried to make Flashy FTL based on a chapter cover's hype text or translated a databook wrong. There needs to be a solid reason for them to scale and this just isn't it.

Level of details shouldn't make one awnser above or below the other. I personally think we should utilize both statements, both were made during interviews. The fact he said more stuff about one awnser shouldn't make we ditch the other one completly.

Agree with Qawsedf on the FF/Psykos/etc topic. Flashy Flash was caught off-guard, that's all.

KGiffoni said:
Level of details shouldn't make one awnser above or below the other. I personally think we should utilize both statements, both were made during interviews. The fact he said more stuff about one awnser shouldn't make we ditch the other one completly.
Yeah I think both are usable. Just that if we're ignoring the Mob one doesn't necessarily mean we should also ignore the Boros vs Garou one.

As for Tornado vs Psykos scaling, I'm not seeing it at the moment. Tornado wasn't trying to kill her in their short fight, but get information about the MA. If she wanted her dead she would've just spun her into pieces after blocking her eyebeams.

The basis of your argument is that Flashy remains at Relativistic speeds at all times, despite the amount of showings that demonstrates this to be complete nonsense. You understand that if this were the case Wasowski would also need to be relativistic to be able to have a conversation with him, correct? No, Flashy's at cruising speeds at this very moment and most definitely nowhere near his top speeds. What his cruising speed looks like, at least in this very moment, is completely unknown, which at best makes Psykos's feat completely unquantifiable.

@Qawsedf234

Nobody is using Flashy's expression to scale. He always puts up a face front even when he's surprised and viseverse so of course we don't use it. I'm using his statement that he shouted out in response that he has no reason to put up a front for. His speed being too much for Garou who fought Golden sperm doesn't mean anything iirc he was relatively casual when he fought Hell fire and gale guy. I'm just wondering about caparability.

Qawsedf234

I'll tell you what tho, this does give good evidence for Orochi scaling to Tats since she appeared quite ruffled after defending against his energy blast

Wait so what is Orochi getting? High-Mid Regen via Absorption? And type 2 immortality?

SuperAPM said:
The basis of your argument is that Flashy remains at Relativistic speeds at all times, despite the amount of showings that demonstrates this to be complete nonsense. You understand that if this were the case Wasowski would also need to be relativistic to be able to have a conversation with him, correct? No, Flashy's at cruising speeds at this very moment and most definitely nowhere near his top speeds. What his cruising speed looks like, at least in this very moment, is completely unknown, which at best makes Psykos's feat completely unquantifiable.
What are you even talking about? The excuse for Flashy is that he "wasn't taken it seriously", "wasn't using his top speed", "isn't always relativistic". I get that but we can't have his speed rating be "At least Relativistic" if he has so many showings of not being Relativistic all the time. He can't be relativistic but conviently not when he is legitimately surprised or anything like that unless his profile reflects it.

Flashy is rated as "At least Relativistic" because the relativistic feat in question was performed whilst he was holding back to match the two ninja's speed. Doesn't change the fact such speeds is still highly above his regular cruising speed and clearly way above whatever speed he was at at that moment in order to be able to have normal conversations with Wasowski over there.

Also possibly Blood Manipulation, since he can litterally just rip out people's blood and absorb it, it seems.

He also seems like he could have some kind of posession, but that will be seen in the next few chapters im guessing.

SuperAPM said:
Flashy is rated as "At least Relativistic" because the relativistic feat in question was performed whilst he was holding back to match the two ninja's speed. Doesn't change the fact such speeds is still highly above his regular cruising speed and clearly way above whatever speed he was at at that moment in order to be able to have normal conversations with Wasowski over there.
So holding back Flashy Flash is relativistic. Flashy Flashy that gets suprised numerous times is conveniently not? And his profile doesn't reflect this? He's just straight up relativistic all the time?

He's just straight up relativistic all the time?

Almost no fictional speedster operates at 100% at all times. Just because he can move Rel doesn't mean he's Rel at every moment. If he was then he wouldn't have gotten lost in the MA base, since he would be able to circle the planet in under one second. Let alone a small self-contained location.

Should Fubuki be getting an upgrade with how powerful Psykos has become?

For now, no. For two reasons

• Tornado wasn't actually trying to kill Psykos when they fought. She interrogated her in order to get information on the MA. While there's arguments for Orochi since he actually damaged Tornado, or at least her clothes, Psykos doesn't have that.
  • Blizzard said that she only could counter Psykos because she could redirect her psionic waves. In a direct clash she would be instantly overpowered

Qawsedf234 said:
He's just straight up relativistic all the time?
Almost no fictional speedster operates at 100% at all times. Just because he can move Rel doesn't mean he's Rel at every moment. If he was then he wouldn't have gotten lost in the MA base, since he would be able to circle the planet in like, two seconds. Let alone a small self-contained location.
Their is a difference here. Flashy's relativistic isn't his 100% speed, it was done casually. But for some reason he is also casual or not relavistic when he is surprised in numerous instances. I'm confused as to what that's about because I've never seen that happening nor this defended in a verse.

I mean, Flash has casual speed feats in the rel range like this one. But the Flash also doesn't always operate at this speed, as shown by stuff like him being knocked out by a whale rocking a boat or a person falling on him. That isn't to say the Flash is slow, he isn't, but he doesn't always operate at 100% because there isn't a need for it.

In this same situation, there's no reason for Flashy Flash to be at full speed anymore than Saitama is. To scale anyone to a Rel rating would be to scale random fodder wolf level threats to this rel rating or how we scaled B-Class heroes to Atomic Samurai in the past. Its just super flimsy evidence to be used for the sake of an upgrade. If they get something more solid I'll agree with it, but this isn't solid in my view.

Qawsedf234 said:
I mean, Flash has casual speed feats in the rel range like this one. But the Flash also doesn't always operate at this speed, as shown by stuff like him being knocked out by a whale rocking a boat or a person falling on him. That isn't to say the Flash is slow, he isn't, but he doesn't always operate at 100% because there isn't a need for it.
In this same situation, there's no reason for Flashy Flash to be at full speed anymore than Saitama is. To scale anyone to a Rel rating would be to scale random fodder wolf level threats to this rel rating or how we scaled B-Class heroes to Atomic Samurai in the past. Its just super flimsy evidence to be used for the sake of an upgrade. If they get something more solid I'll agree with it, but this isn't solid in my view.
But what I'm saying is casual Flashy is apparently Relativistic and casual Flashy also has been surprised on numerous occasions when it comes to other's speed but we take it as him not being serious or give an excuse for it. That is different from the Flash having MFTL+ speed at 100% but casually being Relativistic or Subsonic because he isn't at 100% all the time.

Personally its just my thing, but I can see why others would scale Psykos to 6-C. But before we do that (if we do that) we should actually implement the Tornado downgrade.

But what I'm saying is casual Flashy is apparently Relativistic and casual Flashy also has been surprised on numerous occasions when it comes to other's speed.

But Flashy isn't casual relativistic. He wasn't casually relativistic against Hundred Eyed Octopus and he wasn't casually relativistic against the human forms of Gale and Hellfire (who were Soinc level speed wise)

What Super meant is that Flashy wasn't going all out speed wise against the Monster Forms of the Ninjas. Its not casual, but he can still go faster we just don't know by how much yet. Its why everyone is against your suggested upgrade. Its suggesting Flashy is always operating at that speed, when he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back