• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when people worship any kinds of dogs no matter how good or bad they are, believing that they can do nothing wrong. They are nothing special, and imo, they have more flaws than pros.

I'm not gonna try to argue the morality of a creature that is literally just a dog but I will say he was being influenced by Psykos. And he seems pretty friendly post MA arc.

Exactly. There is no perfect animal, there is no best animal, everyone of them have flaws and everyone prefers different animals, there is no one animal that every single person in the entire world will love, more people need to know that.

Generalizing nature and arguing morality of animals is no good for One Punch Man thread :v Dogs saved lives, dogs taken lifes, same as humans, your average Joe or lions. End of story.

Yeah, in an equalised speed fight, but unequalised speed means that Genos absolutely blitzes due to being equal to Sonic and Sonic is equal to Flashy Flash, making him at least relativistic+.

Sonic in his fight with Genos < Sonic in his fight with Flashy Flash. We don't know if Genos still scales to Sonic following this arc.

But, Post-MA Arc Genos >?< Post-MA Arc (I guess) Sonic. You can't just say that Genos is stronger than he was before and automatically scale him to current Sonic because of that.

I'm a little late on this. I forgot this happened, but in the webcomic, Tatsumaki was able to react to several attacks from a Sonic who was able to keep up with Flashy Flash.

Could this upgrade her to Relativistic?

"Webcomic Flash isn't relativistic"

He literally has a lightspeed attack called Lightspeed Slash which he used on Saitama twice, only for Saitama to dodge. He can even more faster with Shadow Feet, making him FTL, so both Garou and Saitama should have FTL speed.

Actually his attack isn't called the lightspeed slash. In Japanese the names for his attacks are all "Flashy X" or "Flash x". Lightspeed is a fan translation only thing.

No, in the webcomic, it says "Lightspeed Slash", at least in the official English version. Bring me the Japanese version and I'll translate it for you.

Qawsedf234 said:
Actually his attack isn't called the lightspeed slash. In Japanese the names for his attacks are all "Flashy X" or "Flash x". Lightspeed is a fan translation only thing.
ÚûâÕàëµû¼

this is his attack, correct? its in the webcomic (or manga, forgot which). i translated it as flash slash, or flashy slash

Madotsuki24 said:
No, in the webcomic, it says "Lightspeed Slash", at least in the official English version. Bring me the Japanese version and I'll translate it for you.
That's the thing, there is no offical version for the webcomic. Every translation is from fans, not an offical source. As for the names

There's no lightspeed anything in any of his moves or in his name (ÚûâÕàëÒü«ÒâòÒâ®ÒââÒéÀÒâÑ)

Úûâ which in hiragana is ÒüøÒéô (pronounced sen) is the kanji for Flash and Õàë which in hiragana is ÒâÆÒé½Ò⬠(pronounced hikari) is the kanji for Light. Both of these kanji symbols are commonly used together, for example: ÚûâÕàë, which in hiragana is ÒüøÒéôÒüôÒüå (pronounced senkou) means flash; glint, which in the English dictionary means a momentary flash of light. Finally, µû¼ which in hiragina is ÒüìÒéï (pronounced kiru) for To kill. This kanji is commonly used to describe killing someone with a weapon, commonly beheading (which a sword can do and Flashy Flash has a sword), such as µû¼Òéï (kiru, but with a Òéï (ru)) ending means:

• to kill (a human) using a blade (sword, machete, knife, etc.)
  • to slice (off)
  • to lop (off)
  • to cut (off).

So in conclusion, in English, this should say Flash of light killing slash, describing as his move to kill by slashing as a flash of light, so I personally have no reason to believe that his move is not lightspeed.

His name is Flash (of light) Flash. All of his attacks carry Flash (of light) moniker, but since he has trump cards and varying degrees of speeds it's obvious that they're just attack names.

The Flash Fists are at best example of this. They're like mach 8 at best, despite your implication that they're lightspeed.

Um, a slash that causes a flash of light is not necessarily light speed since all its doing is reflecting light off its surface. If anything that would suggest its slower than light since its moving slow enough for light to catch up and bounce off its surface.

Qawsedf, that's the problem with Flash, his speed is inconsistent. He's meant to be the fastest hero according to the Hero Association (apart from Blast most likely), yet he attacks with his "Lightspeed Fist" technique that's not even a microsecond fast and a microsecond speed feat is not even 1% the speed of light, making his speed inconsistent. Imo, we should wait until the manga gets to Flashy Flash vs Awakened Garou, because Yusuke Murata (the manga drawer of One Punch Man), always upgrades characters, so hopefully Flashy Flash will be depicted as much faster in the manga.

Yes, he will be faster in the manga in all likelihood. The issue here is that you suggested webcomic Flashy is SoL when there isn't evidence for that.

Js250476 said:
And it tends to add new feats (see why Flashy Flash is relativistic)
i havent read the comics in detail, i just know of the events in general, so i was under the impression that they were just as strong (aka, i though flashy flash was relativistic in the comic)

Hello guys, so I had this dream last night, and long story short I believe we've missed a speed fest for tatsumaki. Here in the scans saitama deflects a bolder which starts hurling towards a car. He then quickly runs to it but tatsumaki's esp reaches it first. This is Tats going all out and already angry so I don't believe it's an outlier and should be over looked.

Speed feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back