• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qawsedf234 said:
This was ONE's thoughts on the match
ONE: Garou or Boros, who would win? Before, Boros was definitely the stronger one, but Garou is now a near-perfect monster. I don't really know. A good match . . . I do believe Garou is stronger in close combat where things like punches and kicks can generally be avoided.

Even if you look at the depiction in the work, Boros fights with overwhelming power, excellent regenerative ability, and energy attack from a long distance, whereas Garou fights with excellent fighting ability (Although it was moderate, Saitama (I showed his attack many times.) I can't say which one is stronger.
They're similar in power, but from ONE's wording Boros seems like the larger physical threat.

ONE didnt say half of that

Yes he did

Õ¥îÒü½þÖ╗Õá┤ÒüÖÒéïÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òü»Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒüïÒüºÒéêÒüÅÞ¡░Þ½ûÒü½Òü¬ÒéïÒüîÒÇü Õăõ¢£ÞÇàONE µø░ÒüÅÒÇî Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü¿Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Òü®ÒüúÒüíÒüáÒéìÒüåÒü¬´╝ƒÕëìÒü¥ÒüºÒü»þÁÂÕ»¥Òâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒüæÒü®ÒÇü õ╗èÒü«Òé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»ÒééÒüåÒü╗Òü╝ÒâæÒâ╝ÒâòÒéºÒé»ÒâêµÇ¬õ║║Òü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü¬Òü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüîÒüéÒéïÒéôÒüºÒÇé ÒéÅÒüïÒéôÒü¬ÒüäÒüºÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇéÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒâ╗Òâ╗Òâ╗ÒüäÒüäÕïØÞ▓áÒüÖÒéïÒü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüº µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüáÒüúÒüƒÒéëÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü«µû╣ÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒéôÒüÿÒéâÒü¬ÒüäÒüïÒü¬Òü¿Òü»µÇØÒüäÒü¥ÒüÖÒü¡ÒÇé µÄÑÞ┐æµêªÒüªÒüäÒüåÒüïÒâæÒâ│ÒâüÒü¿ÒüïÒé¡ÒââÒé»Òü¿ÒüïÒÇüÒüØÒüåÒüäÒüåÒü«Òü»ÒüáÒüäÒüƒÒüäÚü┐ÒüæÒéëÒéîÒéïÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüåÒÇéÒÇì Òü¿Òü«ÒüôÒü¿ÒÇé

õ¢£õ©¡µÅÅÕåÖÒéÆÞªïÒüªÒééÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü»Õ£ºÕÇÆþÜäÒü¬ÒâæÒâ»Òâ╝ÒéäÕä¬ÒéîÒüƒÕåìþöƒÞ⢠Õèø ÒÇüÚüáÞÀØÚøóÒüïÒéëÒü«Òé¿ÒâìÒâ½Òé«Òâ╝µö╗µÆâÒü¬Òü®ÒüºµêªÒüåÒü«Òü½Õ»¥ÒüùÒé¼Òâ¡ÒéªÒü»Õä¬ÒéîÒüƒµá╝ÚùÿÞ⢠ÕèøÒéÆÒééÒüúÒüªµêªÒüåÒüƒÒéü´╝êµëïÕèᵩøÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒü¿Òü»ÒüäÒüêÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òü«µö╗µÆâÒéÆõ¢òÕ║ªÒééÒüäÒü¬ÒüùÒüƒÒéèÒüïÒéÅÒüùÒüªÞªïÒüøÒüƒ)õ©ÇµªéÒü½Òü®ÒüíÒéëÒüîÕ╝ÀÒüäÒü¿ÒééÞ¿ÇÒüäÕêçÒéîÒü¬ÒüäÒÇé

Source

People are more familiar with the first half, but both sections were said by him.

Should Garou get limited-resistance to sleep manipulation or an addition to his instinctive reaction noting he can fight while unconcious or does instinctive reaction in general covers that?

Dienomite22 said:
Should Garou get limited-resistance to sleep manipulation or an addition to his instinctive reaction noting he can fight while unconcious or does instinctive reaction in general covers that?
I think so. I'm unsure which one, though.

To be perfectly honest I feel like most top heroes/monsters have lowballed ratings.

Well I do agree a lot of heroes are most likely higher than what they're currently rated. But for Gouketsu specifically I was referring to the feat that gives him his rating.

SuperAPM said:
I will say I do think Gouketsu's rating is a little lowballed at the moment tho.
absolutely. when the feat was being calced they used 5 seconds instead of 1 second for the timeframe of the cloud dispersion. 5 seconds is absolute bullshit for obvious reasons. if they used 1 second it would have been 6-C iirc.

On the topic of Garou, how do we define his relationship with "Sleep Hax" now?

The current chapter of the manga, shows Garou still fighting strong while sleeping. Obviously, Garou doesn't resist SleepHax and isn't immune to it but SleepHax doesn't stop Garou or incap him.

However, as shown in the manga, his skill goes down as he just goes animalistic or Berserk on his opponent. We can assume he can't use reflection or any techniques while he's asleep and can't use any abilities that require thinking like Analytical Prediction but he can still keep fighting.

How do we list that on his page for powers and abilities?

liimited Resistance to Sleep Manipulation (Can continue on fighting despite being unconscious)

Or I guess you can just list it as "Can fight while unconscious" on his powers?

Would these work?

I'm not sure.

We would also have to state that his skill decreases in his sleep and his movements get more predictable. Yet can still make after images.

we could just add it to his instinctive reaction in a similar fashion to the skill for consistency inside the wiki, and then note that he loses part of his technique while doing so

I think its more that he isn't aware of who he is fighting and has trouble adapting accordingly rather than being unable to use techniques or anything like that while asleep. After he couldn't beat Darkshine with barrages, he tried using speed. If Darkshine didn't wake him up then I would argue Garou would've used techniques.

I believe that too but nothing insinuates that. Techniques required critical thinking, instead of instinctual reactions. You can chop it up going from barrage to instinctua, not requiring thoughtZ

Garou saying "oh your Darkshine?" after waking up already insinuates that. "Fighting in your sleep" should be impossible and would also require critical thinking as well, especially to do what Garou was doing. The chapter makes no mention that Garou doesn't use techniques when he fights in his sleep and it does show that he switches up his methods of attacks if they don't work as seen when he switched from using brute force to speed.

It's more likely that because Garou is unconscious, he has a harder time developing a counter to his opponent's fighting style (because he is unaware of who they are) and takes a more direct approach to feel them out.

Not that Garou won't or can't use techniques while unconscious.

His martial arts is deeply a part of him and he is able to subconsciously copy/develop new martial arts according to this chapter. I doubt sleeping Garou would have such a strange weekness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back