• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You are basically calling everyone's religions fake and demeaning those that believe in them. Of course it's really that bad lol.
No offense is intended to anyone reading this, but would you say that there is any kind of truth to be found... in the Ancient Greek Pantheon for example?

I don't want to see anyone insulting any religious individuals here, but making a general comment about the religions themselves should not be taken as offensive towards individuals.

No offense is intended to anyone reading this, but would you say that there is any kind of truth to be found... in the Ancient Greek Pantheon for example?

I don't want to see anyone insulting any religious individuals here, but making a general comment about the religions themselves should not be taken as offensive towards individuals.
Most people would consider the ancient Greek pantheon a mythology rather than a religion. There is a slight but important distinction between those two. Religion is currently practiced and believed in spiritually and ritually while mythology is stuff that has mostly become folktale and legend in the modern era.

Mythology is just religion you don't believe in.
It isn't just "you." It refers to the populous in general. Pretty much nobody believes in these ancient religions anymore so we don't refer to them as religion, but mythology.

When you refer to religion in general nobody is going to be thinking you are talking about ancient mythologies. They are going to think about the things that people in the world mainly practice and believe in. Christianity, Islam, etc. Which is why you should be extremely careful mixing those two words up. And why I don't think anyone should make generalized statements like this about "religion." Especially in the way that I just saw, lol.

Most people would consider the ancient Greek pantheon a mythology rather than a religion. There is a slight but important distinction between those two. Religion is currently practiced and believed in spiritually and ritually while mythology is stuff that has mostly become folktale and legend in the modern era.
Personally I don't consider the distinction to be important but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Personally I don't consider the distinction to be important but everyone is entitled to their opinions.
It is very important since referring to someone's beliefs as mythology is pretty much akin to calling them fictional the same way. I think that's pretty harmful in a lot of cases.

And it isn't just about what you personally don't believe in.

If I believe in Christianity but don't believe in Islam, I'm still not going to refer to the religion of Islam as "mythology" because that's putting that belief on the same level as ancient pantheons, essentially saying it isn't real whatsoever.

I mean that isn't really the point being made, at one period in history what we today call mythology were actual religions that people believed in and eventually stopped doing so for a variety of reasons. Modern religions aren't any more legitimate just because they replaced them.

Quick opinion:
"All mythologies are religions that no one believes in, and all religions will sooner or later become mythologies, giving way to new religions."
However, the distinction is necessary because NOW there are people who believe in it, and those people deserve the same respect in their beliefs as those who believe what I said above, because at the end of the day that is also just a belief.

Yes, I am an Atheist
No, you can't bother with the topic, respect me as I respect you
Yes, Boros is currently fodder, and it isn't up for discussion

Last edited:
I mean that isn't really the point being made, at one period in history what we today call mythology were actual religions that people believed in and eventually stopped doing so for a variety of reasons. Modern religions aren't any more legitimate just because they replaced them.
Saying that modern religions aren't more legitimate than ancient mythologies pretty inherently disrespectful lol.

Pretty much nobody thinks ancient mythologies are legitimate and believable so equivalating people's modern ideals and beliefs and faiths to that is not a good thing to do man. It goes into the same idea as pretty much calling it fiction.

Saying that modern religions aren't more legitimate than ancient mythologies pretty inherently disrespectful lol.

Pretty much nobody thinks ancient mythologies are legitimate and believable so equivalating people's modern ideals and beliefs and faiths to that is not a good thing to do man. It goes into the same idea as pretty much calling it fiction.
So long as you're not disrespecting people, it doesn't really matter. Ideas and beliefs aren't inherently worthy of respect.

So long as you're not disrespecting people, it doesn't really matter. Ideas and beliefs aren't inherently worthy of respect.
Calling someone's beliefs fictional or saying that their beliefs are on the same level as fiction/mythology is inherently disrespectful to those people, though. I don't understand why you'd say this.

Are you saying that you don't think statements like "Christianity is fiction." Or "Islam is a myth." Are inherently disrespectful to those that practice those beliefs? Just because you don't think any belief is inherently worthy of respect? These statements aren't any different from calling all religion fiction. In fact, I'd say that is even worse since you target all of them.

Calling someone's beliefs fictional or saying that their beliefs are on the same level as fiction/mythology is inherently disrespectful to those people, though. I don't understand why you'd say this.

Are you saying that you don't think statements like "Christianity is fiction." Or "Islam is a myth." Are inherently disrespectful to those that practice those beliefs? Just because you don't think any belief is inherently worthy of respect? These statements aren't any different from calling all religion fiction. In fact, I'd say that is even worse since you target all of them.
Because people who have those beliefs believe and base their beliefs on something that is not real, that's why I said that same thing, even though I should have said it differently.
I mean, people really believe that it is real that there was a person who died and was resurrected? Or beings of multiple complexions and shapes, or chimeras of other beings (hybrids, rather) and many other things.
I don't even think that Christianity counted on the emergence of artificial intelligence, or galaxies, or basically anything we have now, specially the fact that people believe we, humans, have souls, and that is what make us special and different, which is also a lie we tell ourselves so we can argue that any other being is below us in a specific way.
but we don't notice that, many of the things we do, can be replicated by any other intelligent being, if they are intelligent enough, we are just lucky to be intelligent enough to know.
Maybe if there is another intelligence in the universe, maybe we would realize that our religions are not the reason for our existence, it is just anoter piece

Last edited:
I think it's pretty short-sighted to say modern religions inherently have more value to them. It's not as if you can objectively prove they are any less real than, say, Christianity.

This isn't to dismiss the practice. I myself am a spiritual person. But If someone were to say, worship nature instead of a god, as so many other cultures did (and still do), I wouldn't say their interpretation of the divine is less valuable than, say, being catholic.

Completely unrelated.

Can Black Sperm (the individual and smaller scale fusions) be killed by Small Town level attacks? I want to make a match with them but their durability is simply "unknown".
They have some sort of superhuman durability of course but it can't really be quantified as it's inconsistent and trying to scale people to their durability ***** up the scaling hard so yes, they can be killed by Small Town level attacks

YES, we are going crazy, everyone in here needs something to be stable, or else, madness.
i cannot take another week or two of not having OPM
So let's try something different
Battle royale
Characters
All the heroes who have a profile here, plus Bomb, Suiryu, Sonic and the entire Narinki's Private Squad, (these as one, because they really need it)

Rules:
-Tatsumaki and anyone who is equal or stronger than her in Ap is out [for obvious reasons],
-Genos cannot use his "Ten Second Mode"
-Metal Knight cannot use more than one drone

-1 hour of preparation,
-No external help,
-Alliances are allowed, but in the end only one can win
-The Narinki's Private Squad begins in perfect condition, including the one who lost his arm has it back, Iaian no
-The setting is the destroyed city after Boros' ship, so it is perfect for hiding or throwing large debris

Edit:
Flashy Flash is also out, apparently it's One Shot everyone in a second
For convenience, the characters have the Stats that the profiles say (Sorry Sonic)

Last edited:
Battle royale
Characters
All the heroes who have a profile here, plus Bomb, Suiryu, Sonic and the entire Narinki's Private Squad, (these as one, because they really need it)

Rules:
-Tatsumaki and anyone who is equal or stronger than her in Ap is out [for obvious reasons],

-1 hour of preparation,
-No external help,
-The Narinki's Private Squad begins in perfect condition, including the one who lost his arm has it back, Iaian no
-The setting is the destroyed city behind Boros' ship, so it is perfect for hiding or throwing large debris
On it, back in an hour.

On it, back in an hour.
Just in case, with 1 hour of preparation I mean that the characters have an hour to prepare, more than anything because Drive Knight needs it.
The thing about not having outside help is more than anything so that Genos doesn't try to ask Dr. Kuseno for anything.

Battle royale
Characters

Rules:

-1 hour of preparation,
-No external help,
-The setting is the destroyed city after Boros' ship, so it is perfect for hiding or throwing large debris
Remove Flashy Flash because he unironically solos the entire S Class minus Tatsumaki and Blast

Doesn't Sonic wipe them as well?
Based on the profiles, he doesn't have enough Ap for that
(For convenience, the characters have the Stats that the profiles say, Sonic has not yet added anything from the current arc)

Based on the profiles, he doesn't have enough Ap for that
(For convenience, the characters have the Stats that the profiles say, Sonic has not yet added anything from the current arc)
Oh. Ok.

Back