• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
how does god give power to others? i don't mean power bestowal but how he reaches them. mind manipulation? soul manipulation? brings them to another dimension?

Discussions have really gotten stale here lately. Here is a prompt. The protagonists of your top 3 favorite games run OPM gauntlet (scale them however you like). Where do they stop?
I’m just gonna do favourite franchises since idk what my favourite singular games would be:

Super Mario (and Luigi, since the Mario & Luigi games are my favourite in the franchise): Easy solo, even Sephiroth couldn’t beat them. In all seriousness it depends on whether they feel like being wall level or multiversal in this instance, because that franchise is woefully inconsistent.

Pokémon: Uhhhhh this is awkward, each game has a different protagonist. I guess I better list them all.
  1. Red (Red/Blue/Yellow and a buncha other games): As a kid he clears everything below Orochi and could maybe beat Orochi as well, but everything above him is probably too strong. As an adult though he clears the verse.
  2. Ethan/Kris/Lyra (Gold/Silver and Heartgold/Soulsilver): Same as kid Red.
  3. Brendan/May (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire): In RSE they’d probably stop at Orochi, but in ORAS they’d sweep almost everything before hard stopping at Cosmic Garou and Blast.
  4. Lucas/Dawn (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl): Easy clear.
  5. Hilbert/Hilda (Black/White): Same as RSE Brendan/May.
  6. Nate/Rosa (Black 2/White 2): I’d say same as kid Red and Ethan/Kris/Lyra, since they fight fusions of two High 6-As and fight stronger versions of characters from BW.
  7. Calem/Serena (X/Y): Probably clears all the High 6-As thanks to Mega Mewtwo, but hard stops at Cosmic Garou and Blast.
  8. Elio/Selene (Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon): They clear the verse, especially in the Ultra games.
  9. Victor/Gloria (Sword/Shield): I’d say they’d at least clear up to the stronger High 6-As.
  10. Florian/Juliana (Scarlet/Violet): Idk tbh
  11. Rei/Akari (Legends Arceus): These kids unironically scale to Arceus by themselves (as in without any Pokémon), so yeah they clear.
Undertale/Deltarune: Guess I’ll do both again.
  1. Frisk (Undertale): Yeah as already mentioned they easily clear.
  2. Kris (Deltarune): Not too far. I’d say they could beat some Tiger levels and Class Bs though.

Discussions have really gotten stale here lately. Here is a prompt. The protagonists of your top 3 favorite games run OPM gauntlet (scale them however you like). Where do they stop?
1. Crono from Chrono Trigger soloes up until God.
2. Well, this is awkward, I also have Pokémon here. However, my favorite is Pokémon Ranger, Guardian Signs, and boy oh boy are there some stats there. Their main hax is emotional manip to calm things down, which doesn't necessarily NOT work on people, considering they work on omniscient deities. Their little styler thing can, I'm pretty sure, take hits from Arceus, and outspeed it too, and they're controlling that with their fingers.
3. Ninja Storm Naruto, who can literally just get resurrected, soloes up until God with our current scaling. However, I'm of the belief that, since he got half of Storm Hagoromo's chakra, his Teen self should downscale off the Low 1-C Storm Hagoromo, and be even stronger as an adult.

still makes me sad considering garou grew from low 7-C to 7-A and 7-A to High 6-A way too fast. and what he got in the end against saitama is 19x

For me I’m personally fine with AI art if you’re only using it to show an example of how characters or background from your own novel that you’re writing look like.

Cause I’ve read quite a few web novels where I see the authors complaining about how they commissioned artists to make arts for their web novels and yet they just disappeared out of nowhere after saying they are working on it months later. Hence why they resorted to using AI art to substitute to give their readers an example of how they look. And I have to say having even AI art does help to visualize characters and backgrounds when you are reading novels. Especially for novels that go into extra detail about the looks of the background and characters.

But if you’re going pro and actually publishing your stories or publicizing your art to others then yeah AI art is honestly a no go.

Last edited:
What is the general idea of using AI for art on this thread?
AI created this.
GNjq-U6-HWg-AAg13r.jpg
GNi-L3-MIXQAAXn-Ln.jpg

peak fiction

Why?It is not cringe, IS even more cringe your obsession with laion
It is actually cringe.

Art has both aesthetic and expressive value, aesthetic value because it looks good and expressive value because it conveys an emotion from artist to observer.

The aesthetic part is replicative- a random photograph taken with an iphone camera is not necessarily art. It is the framing, angle, lighting and other parts of the process that make such a thing art. AI does not have this aesthetic value because no original work goes into the process, it's as original as a random photograph and even less so because it's just a mishmash of other works without their origin context and themes.

The expressive value is even less present because AI can't convey empathetic feeling. A machine without feeling cannot tell a story from the heart because it does not have one.

AI "art" is at best very bad art because it's aesthetically incoherent and an expressive dead end. But for me, it's not art at all because the artistic process is not present in any meaningful way in the algorithm. Put simply, you can post it here but that would definitely be mega-cringe.

It is actually cringe.

Art has both aesthetic and expressive value, aesthetic value because it looks good and expressive value because it conveys an emotion from artist to observer.

The aesthetic part is replicative- a random photograph taken with an iphone camera is not necessarily art. It is the framing, angle, lighting and other parts of the process that make such a thing art. AI does not have this aesthetic value because no original work goes into the process, it's as original as a random photograph and even less so because it's just a mishmash of other works without their origin context and themes.

The expressive value is even less present because AI can't convey empathetic feeling. A machine without feeling cannot tell a story from the heart because it does not have one.

AI "art" is at best very bad art because it's aesthetically incoherent and an expressive dead end. But for me, it's not art at all because the artistic process is not present in any meaningful way in the algorithm. Put simply, you can post it here but that would definitely bemega-cringe.
Art is subjective, there IS no objective thing on art.
The only reason some people hate AI art IS because of subjective things, not objective things.

It is actually cringe.

AI "art" is at best very bad art because it's aesthetically incoherent and an expressive dead end. But for me, it's not art at all because the artistic process is not present in any meaningful way in the algorithm. Put simply, you can post it here but that would definitely be mega-cringe.
F1K34ZTXoAE5aph.jpg:large

Back