• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So since Saitama traveled through time by mimicking and enhancing Garous technique. Would he be immeasurable speed?
Depends on if he did it via hax/a specific ability (teleportation/portals) or sheer movement.

Edit: Apparently it was via Matter Manipulation? Yeah, Immeasurable speed isn't on the table

OPM has not been just a parody since the monster-association arc started in the webcomic. It's grown beyond that for a long time.

The manga may expand on fights and go into more detail on power levels, but the end result is that the main character is a plot-device that can never be beaten and is used to introduce themes that ONE wants to explore.

The only difference now is that with the redraws, ONE wants Saitama to grow beyond just a plot device and into a dynamic-rather-than-static-character. His power, for all intents and purposes, will never become an issue, regardless of if he technically grows or not.
In no way shape or form did one punch man grow beyond the parody format.

I understand that ONE is now making saitama a plot device and that you could make conclusions from using implications from early in the story.

I am simply saying that it is garbage. Dynamic or static plot device is still a generic plot device.

I

I'm genuinely curious for the people saying Saitama is now "too strong," let's say that he didn't get any hax this chapter or power-scaling but he and Garou did a big-bang clash that destroyed half the universe. That's something people have been clamoring for the entire series. Would that have been "too strong" for you guys?

have several questions:

1) Why do you think that the space frame shows the stellar void before it was formed?
2) How can you be sure that the picture shows the full size of the void? There is another circle around it, and the scale seems too small. Compare the size of the stars in the first circle with the size of the stars in the last chapter.

saitama could technically performs this feat now

3a2.jpg

Ernst Stueckelberg, and later Richard Feynman, proposed an interpretation of the positron as an electron moving backward in time, reinterpreting the negative-energy solutions of the Dirac equation. Electrons moving backward in time would have a positive electric charge.[21] Wheeler invoked this concept to explain the identical properties shared by all electrons, suggesting that "they are all the same electron" with a complex, self-intersecting world line.[22] Yoichiro Nambu later applied it to all production and annihilation of particle-antiparticle pairs, stating that "the eventual creation and annihilation of pairs that may occur now and then is no creation or annihilation, but only a change of direction of moving particles, from past to future, or from future to past."[23]

This is why we see the positive and negative symbols on Saitama's electrons changing in that one panel. As Saitama moved backwards in time, the electric charge of his electrons flipped, and that's why he and his past self were pulled towards each other, their particles were attracted to one another and nulified themselves, leaving only one Saitama left.

This chapter was a step down from previous chapters. I actually felt extremely hype the last 2 chapters but now I’m just confused as to the shit that happen here.

Honestly, who cares, Neos heroes is right around the corner.

This chapter was a step down from previous chapters. I actually felt extremely hype the last 2 chapters but now I’m just confused as to the shit that happen here.

Wow it like we doesn't have a translation or something

Physic sisters arc and Ninja arc are first. Neo heroes gonna happen in like 2027.

Ernst Stueckelberg, and later Richard Feynman, proposed an interpretation of the positron as an electron moving backward in time, reinterpreting the negative-energy solutions of the Dirac equation. Electrons moving backward in time would have a positive electric charge.[21] Wheeler invoked this concept to explain the identical properties shared by all electrons, suggesting that "they are all the same electron" with a complex, self-intersecting world line.[22] Yoichiro Nambu later applied it to all production and annihilation of particle-antiparticle pairs, stating that "the eventual creation and annihilation of pairs that may occur now and then is no creation or annihilation, but only a change of direction of moving particles, from past to future, or from future to past."[23]

This is why we see the positive and negative symbols on Saitama's electrons changing in that one panel. As Saitama moved backwards in time, the electric charge of his electrons flipped, and that's why he and his past self were pulled towards each other, their particles were attracted to one another and nulified themselves, leaving only one Saitama left.
If we are talking about positrons, they should also have anti-matter manipulation.

BTW:

Assuming it took 1 second for Saitama/Garou to propel themselves to from IO to Earth, they would be moving at 628300000000/299792458 = 2095.7 times the speed of light!

Saitama didn't copy anything, the implication rather is that he can just do whatever he wants, he's just an idiot who doesn't realize the true nature of his power.

BTW:

Assuming it took 1 second for Saitama/Garou to propel themselves to from IO to Earth, they would be moving at 628300000000/299792458 = 2095.7 times the speed of light!
This is low to mid end too

They still scale to The space hole blast speed calc to.

In no way shape or form did one punch man grow beyond the parody format.

I understand that ONE is now making saitama a plot device and that you could make conclusions from using implications from early in the story.

I am simply saying that it is garbage. Dynamic or static plot device is still a generic plot device.

I
Absolute shit take.

Saitama and OPM have battle-shonen/parody as its skin, but it's also about exploring society, human nature, and the nature of civic duty/heroism. The parody aspect only relates to the idea of escalation and the deflating of serious situations into something much less so in order to get to the heart of the issue, something that the manga's battles do obscure as a tradeoff for visual spectacle. The whole purpose behind the gag is to highlight the importance of themes and issues beyond just the flashy and showy battles or the fake tension-buildup of wondering if the hero will "win". Spoilers: The heroes always win in shonen, barring a very few exceptions. Saitama's power is meant to expose that, which means that making him ACTUALLY have difficulty in a fight or becoming beatable in his own series would be completely antithetical to the entire shonen-gag.

Saitama's character is not a plot device, just his strength. From chapter 2, we see him start from the bottom, pursue his dreams (which are viewed as unrealistic and a joke), and achieve his goals, all while barely subsisting with no recognition in modern society. Meanwhile, others have copied his path after his own success and profited off of that while he received naught a cent. The themes about him are several-fold: lack of fulfillment in life, lack of support for following your heart, lack of social safety nets, lack of community, and the lack of recognition by society of peoples' worth and hard work. The webcomic barely explores these aspects of his character compared to the manga, even though ONE explores similar or parallel themes in Mob Psycho, which is likely why he wants to bring that more into focus in OPM.

That's not even covering the idea of heroism and the moral shades of gray between being a "good person" and doing good things. Good people are not flawless, and Garou is the most extreme personification of only looking at the worst in people. Saitama isn't perfect, but we see multiple times throughout the series of his character and actions being for the greater good; yet, as he says in the earlier chapters, they seem to have almost no effect on the growing evils of the world. Heroes are people willing to step up and do what's right, at potentially great cost to themselves. ONE has consistently expanded on this theme throughout the MA arc by increasing the amount of screen-time of S-Class heroes, while also writing in 3rd party perspectives of how ****** the world is when compared to the selflessness of those heroes (see mercenary leader).

None of this is "generic" or "pointless." Clearly, the story ONE is trying to tell through the manga has flown over your head despite your surface level complaints about it. You can argue about execution, such as the spectacle of the battles taking away from the theme, but the MA arc diverted almost solely because ONE wanted to expand on these issues and flesh out future arcs. Your complaints read like a mask of saltiness about Saitama being stronger than you wanted, rather than genuine complaints about the story.

EDIT: I think a big reason why ONE has taken the manga's story in the direction he has is due to everything that's happened since COVID started. The world has become a dark place at a dramatic rate, and the webcomic's thematic setting has become outdated compared to the drastic changes we face in the world today. While OPM does go through constantly escalating dangers of monsters etc. in the webcomic, much like climate change, it was relegated to just plot development. The manga goes into much more extreme escalation and starts developing Saitama's character, especially in the recent chapters where he reflects on if he's truly doing enough. In my mind, that mirrors the thought of whether or not we as individuals are consciously engaging with and doing everything we can to fight against injustice.

Oh you think hax means you have a well written story LMAO.
No, I'm simply engaging you with the exact same logic you applied. It certainly isn't relevant but you're the one that brought things up that way.

Last edited:
so what you're saying is Saitama has the ability to do basically anything in the verse but he doesn't know he can?
Yes, since he doesn't have a Limiter binding him down. It's why his strength defies logic and he is just able to do random toon force shit like punch a hole in space or grab portals with his hands.

So Garou looks at the sun and there is some dialogue and he makes a fist with a unique aura/energy design and he punches Saitama with it creating an explosion that looks like a sun.

That may be an antifeat for the GRB and SSSP squared

Yes, since he doesn't have a Limiter binding him down. It's why his strength defies logic and he is just able to do random toon force shit like punch a hole in space or grab portals with his hands.
That'd make sense. In which case it'd just be Garou showing Saitama something he's capable of ig.

So Garou looks at the sun and there is some dialogue and he makes a fist with a unique aura/energy design and he punches Saitama with it creating an explosion that looks like a sun.
He was looking at Earth. He was able to see Earth all the way from Jupiter, then he threw a Nuclear Fission punch at Saitama and went back to Earth through a portal. But Saitama followed him through the portal by propelling himself with a fart.

So no MFTL+ feat.

He was looking at Earth. He was able to see Earth all the way from Jupiter, then he threw a Nuclear Fission punch at Saitama and went back to Earth through a portal. But Saitama followed him through the portal by propelling himself with a fart.

So no MFTL+ feat.
He didn't follow through the portal.

Back