• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I believe that using the method for recognizing Outliers that I mention here Orochi's feat could be an Outlier.
  • 1) Is it a big jump or drop in power? | Yes.
  • 2) Is it a unique or exceptional incident? | Yes.
  • 3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified? | Yes?
  • 4) Does the event break the previously established power-scaling? | Yes.
  • 5) Does the event break with the narrative of the work? | ?
How is it an outlier when it's a move that's not derived from himself. It's from the earth. That's like saying it would be an outlier if Psykorochi eventually became the earth because it boosts her way too high.

I mean, it definitely doesn't make sense narratively for Orochi to be capable of outputting that much power, even if he doesn't physically scale to it, but just because it doesn't make much sense narratively doesn't necessarily make it a guaranteed outlier, either.
Orochi is literally taking power from somewhere shooting it. Orochi isn't outputting the beam.

Orochi is literally taking power from somewhere shooting it. Orochi isn't outputting the beam.
Taking that much energy in from the core of the Earth at the speed he does it is what I'm saying. And it still feels wrong for him to be remotely capable of shooting a blast that can effortlessly overpower CSRC, regardless of the method.

Why are we assuming he actually siphoned off part of the core itself and not just geothermal energy (or whatever Vaccine Man, who also draws energy from the Earth, and HE use)?

Orochi says he'll pull energy from the core.

There's no mass visibly taken away from it, and the path is only left displaced.

The supposed core portion isn't shown rising from the Earth to him, despite the fact that the radius alone would be astronomically than the entire Monster Asociation base if it was a physical mass.

The sphere itself is shown in Orochi's chest as energy.

This isn't a bad thing, though, as the displacement itself may get even higher results.

Is Boros narratively supposed to be the pinnacle of strength (besides Saitama)? Why is some Monster surpassing him years later so hard to believe?

Taking that much energy in from the core of the Earth at the speed he does it is what I'm saying. And it still feels wrong for him to be remotely capable of shooting a blast that can effortlessly overpower CSRC, regardless of the method.
You can't say regardless of the method because the reason it is accepted as not an outlier is because of the reason. Orochi isn't doing this by himself. He is taking energy from somewhere. It's just as good as "God" giving Psykorochi power. Of course base Psykos won't scale to it because it's not her power.

Why are we assuming he actually siphoned off part of the core itself and not just geothermal energy (or whatever Vaccine Man and HE use)?

Orochi says he'll pull energy from the core.

There's no mass visibly taken away from it, and the path is only left displaced.

The supposed core portion isn't shown rising from the Earth to him, despite the fact that the radius alone would be astronomically than the entire Monster Asociation base if it was a physical mass.

The sphere itself is shown in Orochi's chest as energy.

This isn't a bad thing, though, as the displacement itself may get even higher results.
I think this makes sense

You can't say regardless of the method because the reason it is accepted as not an outlier is because of the reason. Orochi isn't doing this by himself. He is taking energy from somewhere. It's just as good as "God" giving Psykorochi power. Of course base Psykos won't scale to it because it's not her power.
I'm not even saying it's an outlier, although I could make an argument for that if I wanted to. I'm saying it doesn't make narrative sense for him to be capable of outputting a God level attack even stronger than Boros' CSRC. Why are you misinterpreting what I'm saying?

Murata 3 years said Anime Boros could destroy the whole planet and not just the surface but the stream is no longer available so take it as you will.
How does this relate to anything? We don't use anime scaling, and the anime itself already establishes Boros as planetary

Is Boros narratively supposed to be the pinnacle of strength (besides Saitama)? Why is some Monster surpassing him years later so hard to believe?
Boros was the strongest opponent Saitama had faced. The one and only foe, especially at the time, to come even remotely close to giving Saitama a good fight. He could surprise Saitama, impress him, debatably even slightly harm him, and make him get serious. He was a parallel to Saitama, someone who became so strong that no one could face them, and because of that, he suffered from boredom. But eventually, he came to Earth, and found someone who suffered from the same kind of boredom. Boros managed to finally reach his goal of finding an opponent who can match him, although in the end he realized he never had a chance, but unfortunately for Saitama, he was still unable to truly have a good fight, to truly use his strength to the fullest. Honestly, I doubt Saitama is even more than a thousand, maybe not even a hundred times stronger than Boros.

Even with this new feat, I'd wager that ONE and Murata view Boros as capable of beating Orochi even without Meteoric Burst.

I tried displacement of the outer core by 200 km. The result is also Small Planet level, and it's heavily low-balled.

Boros was the strongest opponent Saitama had faced. The one and only foe, especially at the time, to come even remotely close to giving Saitama a good fight. He could surprise Saitama, impress him, debatably even slightly harm him, and make him get serious. He was a parallel to Saitama, someone who became so strong that no one could face them, and because of that, he suffered from boredom. But eventually, he came to Earth, and found someone who suffered from the same kind of boredom. Boros managed to finally reach his goal of finding an opponent who can match him, although in the end he realized he never had a chance, but unfortunately for Saitama, he was still unable to truly have a good fight, to truly use his strength to the fullest. Honestly, I doubt Saitama is even more than a thousand, maybe not even a hundred times stronger than Boros.

Even with this new feat, I'd wager that ONE and Murata view Boros as capable of beating Orochi even without Meteoric Burst.
Even now, we still have fundamentally different interpretations of that fight. I saw it as proof we should stop expecting anyone to ever match Saitama because Boros didn't come close.

I would say Boros was never Saitama's equal, he was just the strongest opponent he had seen up to that point. Saitama blitzed Boros mid-sentence when he wanted to and killed him with a low effort attack "you didn't bare your fangs this whole fight", for all we know Boros is a hundredth or a millionth or some other fraction of Saitama's full power.
Oh, I just realized. Going by this chapter, Saitama could have stopped CSRC by just squirting some water towards Boros. Jesus I hate this.
Why not, if he put enough force behind it? It all comes down to how much Saitama wants to humor his opponent.

Even now, we still have fundamentally different interpretations of that fight. I saw it as proof we should stop expecting anyone to ever match Saitama because Boros didn't come close.

I would say Boros was never Saitama's equal, he was just the strongest opponent he had seen up to that point. Saitama blitzed Boros mid-sentence when he wanted to and killed him with a low effort attack "you didn't bare your fangs this whole fight", for all we know Boros is a hundredth or a millionth or some other fraction of Saitama's full power.

Why not, if he put enough force behind it? It all comes down to how much Saitama wants to humor his opponent.
I never said he's Saitama's equal, I said the two aren't as incomparable as they're typically made out to be. Otherwise Saitama wouldn't have regarded Boros as such an impressive opponent and even close to a real fight.

Because Saitama being able to make CSRC also look like a literal joke is absurd and kind of just stupid. Not that Gaia Cannon is actually stronger than CSRC narratively, just based on calcs.

I never said he's Saitama's equal, I said the two aren't as incomparable as they're typically made out to be. Otherwise Saitama wouldn't have regarded Boros as such an impressive opponent and even close to a real fight.

Because Saitama being able to make CSRC also look like a literal joke is absurd and kind of just stupid. Not that Gaia Cannon is actually stronger than CSRC narratively, just based on calcs.
The way I look at it, Saitama was only ever humoring Boros. At the end of the battle Boros accused Saitama of lying about the closeness of the fight, I think that holds true for everything else Saitama said as well.

Boros was certainly the most impressive thing Saitama had seen and Saitama is very good at judging power levels when he needs to (one punching Snek and Rover non-fatally while casually demolishing Orochi), so it wasn't a lie for Saitama to call Boros "strong" unless we assume strong to mean comparable in power to Saitama. I don't think he was- he could have treated CSRC like a total joke if he wanted to.

Back