• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Question, why do we have Blast at Unknown? He has an AP justification that scales him to people with quantifiable feats, and I get that we haven’t really seen him in action, but if he has that big of an AP justification, I don’t see why he can’t just be ‘At least 7-B, possibly High 6-A.’

I think we've kept it that way ever since we upscaled God from homeless Emperor- now we know he's way stronger than that. I personally prefer keeping him there, because I feel like any ratings we give him now will likely be invalidated when he gets feats of his own. Your proposed tiering is the best we can give right now, knowing what we know, but I'd prefer to err on the side of caution.

Besides, if we did tier Blast, we still couldn't use him for any vsbattles because we still don't know how he fights.

I believe the databook are just “propaganda” written from the perspective of the Hero Association. They’re not meant to be taken as 100% fact. That’s why the details of Blast are based off rumours from Fubuki in the databook, and the databook mentions her specifically as the source. If this was supposed to be the word of the writer, ONE, then it wouldn’t be written like that, it would just be “Blast is blah blah blah, he is blah blah blah” and not “based on rumours within the organisation from an anonymous source, Blast is blah blah blah.”

Yeah, I know he wouldn’t be usable in battles, it just seems really weird to give him such a massive AP justification (more justification than almost any other OPM character on the site), and not give him a tier.

I believe the databook are just “propaganda” written from the perspective of the Hero Association. They’re not meant to be taken as 100% fact. That’s why the details of Blast are based off rumours from Fubuki in the databook, and the databook mentions her specifically as the source. If this was supposed to be the word of the writer, ONE, then it wouldn’t be written like that, it would just be “Blast is blah blah blah, he is blah blah blah” and not “based on rumours within the organisation from an anonymous source, Blast is blah blah blah.”
I see. But propaganda or not, Atomic samurai exuding "fighting spirit" when he is angered connects with A) Flashy Flash giving off killing intent detectable to Atomic Samurai B) certain characters being able to sense the aura of power others give off (Boros and Saitama, for example, Carnage Kabuto reacting to Saitama), C) Atomic Samurai and Bang scaring away fish in the OVA and D) Atomic's disciples sensing killing intent and being able to react to it without the use of their ordinary senses.

I think you can have grounded cosmic feats as well, as long as you can keep a proper relation between eldritch entities and the real world. What I dislike the most is getting to a point where the fodder-tiers of your verse are solar system or galaxy busters- there's no way to emotionally connect with that power scale and very difficult to get invested in the stakes, unless you've got something like Qi-control (not a fan of this concept personally) any misfired shot could destroy the universe or multiverse.

But in One Punch Man, destruction has meaning; collateral damage has consequences and countless lives will be ruined in every dragon level fight. Heck, in the webcomic it's a huge plot point with the organization using highly destructive monsters to put humanity into a panic and hype up the neo-heroes.
Facts. I like to balance things out when I write stuff. Maybe it'll start off with a villain who is super powerful that you need to grow stronger than to defeat, then next a villain you need to outsmart, then a villain with a great arsenal of abilities for their verse, etc. It keeps people guessing and it isn't the same thing over and over. Villains that also represent ideas and philosophies are also interesting to see, because you can't defeat an idea or a philosophy by punching it in the face, you defeat it by proving it wrong and bringing people into the light, so to speak.

Also, with ki control, I'd personally make it that it still has immensely catastrophic effects, even when an individual is suppressed. For instance, if someone's up against an opponent that has no control, or simply isn't using it for the purpose of creating destruction, then it'd still have unprecedented side effects. I'm surprised no villain in Dragon Ball has ever come up with that idea, tbh. Then again, it is a show where everybody lets everybody else transform (with the exception of Android 17), only to immediately regret it later.

Facts. I like to balance things out when I write stuff. Maybe it'll start off with a villain who is super powerful that you need to grow stronger than to defeat, then next a villain you need to outsmart, then a villain with a great arsenal of abilities for their verse, etc. It keeps people guessing and it isn't the same thing over and over. Villains that also represent ideas and philosophies are also interesting to see, because you can't defeat an idea or a philosophy by punching it in the face, you defeat it by proving it wrong and bringing people into the light, so to speak.

Also, with ki control, I'd personally make it that it still has immensely catastrophic effects, even when an individual is suppressed. For instance, if someone's up against an opponent that has no control, or simply isn't using it for the purpose of creating destruction, then it'd still have unprecedented side effects. I'm surprised no villain in Dragon Ball has ever come up with that idea, tbh. Then again, it is a show where everybody lets everybody else transform (with the exception of Android 17), only to immediately regret it later.
I think Ki control has its place, because it makes sense that most characters would use ki control to avoid environmental destruction, on the other hand, has there not been a single villain that's wanted to destroy a galaxy or the earth during their fight? Just loosen up a little and a touch of excess energy could do it, not like the enemy could stop it.

I always found the decision to make Boros a surface wiper instead of a planet buster kinda weird tbh.

But I agree there, sometimes less is more. Yes, outerverse level characters are cool, but there gets a point where a fight gets too ridiculous and just get bored.

The highest I'll see God going to 3-A to Low 2-C, but chances are not that high. And if I wanna reach, the absolute highest I see him going is 2-A, but I doubt the verse will ever reach tier 1

I’ve been looking through Murata’s streams to see if there’s any statements we missed in the thread, and some of the things this man says are hilarious.

Geez, this webcomic chapter is a bit intense! We finally get to see Raiden vs Puri Puri Prisoner, and they're actually evenly matched after Puri got a new form. Wait, Puri got a new form?! Weird, it seems like it's an "oil/coating" form that increases his defense, somehow.

NOOoooooooooooooo Metal Bat! I was getting very worried about him...
Raiden proving he's a respectable character who can think for himself.
Who is the "leader"? Blue? Mccoy? It feels like it's going to be neither.

Glad to finally see where Raiden stands among the rankings. So Raiden without his suit is roughly on par with current PPP. Ironic that he had the scene with Darkshine before when we now know that Darkshine would likely one shot him if he wanted to.

Im glad we know how strong raiden is now. he was actually one of the few OPM characters that i had NO idea whatsoever about their strength. i was seriously curious about how strong he was since he was so hyped up but i felt like ONE just releasing a darkshine level character out of the blue was kind of unlikely. so i really had no idea how strong he was. looks like hes on par with PPP like Rinne said, or maybe a bit stronger.

You know, I thought (when I was looking at the untranslated version) Raiden retreated because he realized he couldn't completely defeat Puri, but I like that he backed down because he was a good person and actually thinks for himself and wants to be a "hero." (Now that was a run-on sentence).

Edit: Also, RIP Metal Bat.

Metal bat about to truly become "metal"

300px-Crying_Cat_screaming.jpg

I don’t understand how some people believe Saitama from his Dream is = to Real Saitama. He was clearly nerfed. The official video game even supports this by literally having Dream Saitama be a nerfed version of Saitama in the game.

Oil cannot be grabbed

1) Wait for it to Raiden

2) Cover yourself in oil

3) Win

I don’t understand how some people believe Saitama from his Dream is = to Real Saitama. He was clearly nerfed. The official video game even supports this by literally having Dream Saitama be a nerfed version of Saitama in the game.
there are people that believe dream saitama is the same strength as real saitama?? idiots...

Back