• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Tanktop Master was indeed stronger than Garou at that point. TTM only mentioned that techniques and skills are the factors Garou stomped him, not physical strength. You can be weaker than someone but stomp them with your far superior hand-to-hand skills. He also targeted his vital points btw.
There's really nothing to suggest he's stronger in the first place, though. Garou just stopped holding back, and inflicted a lot of damage with one blow.

Also Garou was harmed by Royal Ripper when he killed him, so he's definitely not threat level dragon at the time

There's really nothing to suggest he's stronger in the first place, though. They did about the same damage to each other when Garou stopped holding back.
When you say "stopping holding back", you mean "using WSRSF" right? That's one of the reasons we said higher with WSRSF, Garou wasn't doing anything notable to TTM without WSRSF>

Only thing i feel like might be needed is more examples of his attack reflection, as it's his bread and butter and because the Tantktop master scan makes it seem like it works similar to a regular boxing counter.
Stuff like him deflecting Royal riper's blades into bug god ( can deflect bladed attacks ), deflecting Metal bat's tornado attack or Orochi's tendrils ( deflecting multiple blows capable of gravely injuring him at a fast pace/ omnidirectionally in Orochi's case), deflecting Death gatling's death shower (precision against multiple piercing small targets.)
That sort of stuff.

A single punch with the WSRF, which has no evidence of amping his strength. Like you said, TTM outright says it's skill and not strength.

Technically it doesn't need to make him stronger, only allow him to harm people he couldn't harm naturally without it, unless it's by some sort of dura bypassing way, like attacking eyes/eardrums or advanced pressure point stuff

If this is the Amazon Omni Man, I'm pretty sure Flash claps
On the one hand, Amazon Omni Man probably has FTL travel speed in space, on the other hand, he didn't speedblitz the Immortal who was flying around at Mach 3. I think putting his combat speed in the middle, comparable to the s-class, is a good compromise

There's really nothing to suggest he's stronger in the first place, though. Garou just stopped holding back, and inflicted a lot of damage with one blow.
That was the blow of Tanktop Master with 2x strength redirected back at himself. And then he proceeded to land multiple strikes on him while targeting his vital points which was the reason why TTM was losing consciousness pretty quickly. There was no evidence that TTM targeted Garou's vital points. The reason Garou was still standing well can be explained because of his inhuman pain tolerance and stamina.
I mean, reactive evolution is the only way to explain how he could fight someone like Genos, who was on par with TTM, and even tear off his arm with brute force
I think it was considered that that was because Genos' limbs are detachable. Garou tried his best to dodge Genos' casual blasts, and the Spiral Innineration Cannon would have vaporised him if it weren't for EC showing up. Garou held his own against Genos seems like to me that his skills are contributed a lot into that. He wasn't really equal to Genos in terms of raw strength. Also, outlier and PIS, even when weakened, he could hold his own against Bang and Bomb's combined attacks, who both are supposed to be far superior to him at that point.

Yet he goes from not harming TTM to harming him the first strike he uses from WSRSF, do we have any evidence he was holding back and the difference wasn't due to WSRSF?
He never punched TTM before this. In fact, he one-shot him without using it right after.

Because TTM says he was and we're never led to believe otherwise. Also, he's smiling during the fight (not to mention the entire time after he beats him), and TTM feels that he should eliminate him as quickly as possible despite his apparent weakness. Garou does have a tendency to do this if he needs to study someone's moves.
That was the blow of Tanktop Master with 2x strength redirected back at himself. And then he proceeded to land multiple strikes on him while targeting his vital points which was the reason why TTM was losing consciousness pretty quickly. There was no evidence that TTM targeted Garou's vital points. The reason Garou was still standing well can be explained because of his inhuman pain tolerance and stamina.
No it wasn't. It was his own blow, which even that scan shows in the illustration. He's saying that Garou's attacks had double the power (returning something two-fold often does mean with double the power, not outright reflecting something with double the power. See the quote "What you give comes back to you ten-fold").
I think it was considered that that was because Genos' limbs are detachable. Garou tried his best to dodge Genos' casual blasts, and the Spiral Innineration Cannon would have vaporised him if it weren't for EC showing up. Garou held his own against Genos seems like to me that his skills are contributed a lot into that. He wasn't really comparable to Genos in terms of raw strength. Also, outlier and PIS, even when weakened, he could also hold his own against Bang and Bomb's combined attacks, who both are supposed to be far superior to him at that point.
Tbh, I've always agreed with the detachable limb part, and Garou didn't really damage Genos. Although, I wouldn't say it's PIS because Garou never really injured him, just survived his blows.

There's nothing about him vaporizing them. Genos' claim is that he'll shoot them down.

Garou had a massive strength boost against Bang and Bomb. He was nowhere close to holding his own prior to that, just surviving their attacks.

Last edited:
On the one hand, Amazon Omni Man probably has FTL travel speed in space, on the other hand, he didn't speedblitz the Immortal who was flying around at Mach 3. I think putting his combat speed in the middle, comparable to the s-class, is a good compromise
He's relativistic via up scaling from Invincible.

Tbh, I've always agreed with the detachable limb part, and Garou didn't really damage Genos. Although, I wouldn't say it's PIS
Genos was surprised when Garou tore off his arm, plus there were small bit popped off.

No it wasn't. It was his own blow, which even that scan shows in the illustration. He's saying that Garou's attacks had double the power (returning something two-fold often does mean with double the power, not outright reflecting something with double the power).
It was TTM's blow with 2x power redirected back at himself. Even TTM himself stated that while discussing Garou with Saitama in that hospital. If Garou didn't do that in their fight, TTM would have hadn't mentioned the 2x strength stuff to begin with. The scan illustration can be explained that it was just inconsistent drawing. Also, in this scan, you can see that Sonic was apparently punched by that muscular guy and we even see small traces of blood from him. However; it turned out that it wasn't the case and he just blitzed them before they could react.

BTW, what about my other points regarding the vital points?

He's relativistic via up scaling from Invincible.
IDK, I'm just saying it's inconsistent. Like Cecil says, the Immortal was going mach 3 when he went after Mark. Of course, show writers don't really get the difference between mach 3 and throwing someone into the moon in the course of a few seconds

IDK, I'm just saying it's inconsistent. Like Cecil says, the Immortal was going mach 3 when he went after Mark. Of course, show writers don't really get the difference between mach 3 and throwing someone into the moon in the course of a few seconds
Tbf, reactions and combat speed can often scale above their flight speed

It was TTM's blow with 2x power redirected back at himself. Even TTM himself stated that while discussing Garou with Saitama in that hospital. If Garou didn't do that in their fight, TTM would have hadn't mentioned the 2x strength stuff. The scan illustration can be explained that it was just inconsistent drawing. Also, in this scan, you can see that Sonic was apparently punched by that muscular guy and we even see small traces of blood from him. However; it turned out that it wasn't the case and he just blitzed them before they could react.

Also, what about my other points regarding the vital points?
Look at your own scan. It was Garou's punch. Plus, he outright does the same at the end of the fight.

Yes he would. Once again, return something two-fold doesn't always literally mean reflecting something with double the power. For example, "I'm going to return these injuries ten-fold", means you'll harm someone a lot more than they'll harm you.

"The scan illustration can be explained that it was just inconsistent drawing" Or, the translation cold be wrong / an expression. What's more likely, that Murata screwed up his own illustration, or that you're just wrong? In the case of those scans, we actually see what's out of place afterwards (like Sea King grabbing Sonic or the Ninja replacing a log), we don't see that here.

It doesn't matter. Heavily damaging someone with a punch to the face is just heavily damaging someone with a punch to the face, even if you are targeting vitals.
Hi face has a surprise look to it, plus you can see tiny bit surrounding it, suggesting it was ripped off by force
I mean, he also didn't really see him move and could have just noticed after.

Last edited:
Since we have no way of proving our points whether or not Garou hit TTM with 2x strength of the latter himself due to the inconsistencies between scan illustration and statements. I will stop discussing this matter, it is just about differing opinions and interpretations.
There's nothing about him vaporizing them. Genos' claim is that he'll shoot them down.

Garou had a massive strength boost against Bang and Bomb. He was nowhere close to holding his own prior to that, just surviving their attacks.
Saying it could vaporise him might be a stretch. But the reason I believe the blast could most likely kill Garou was because Genos has shown to be able to one-shot opponents that were in turn, able to damage himself and possibly defeat him too, with just normal incineration cannons. And the Spiral Innenercation Cannon was his upgraded attack at that point and heavily implied to be significantly greater compared to his normal incineration cannons. My point was that the blast would have killed Garou if it weren't for EC showing up. It should make sense considering Bang's expression and Genos' confidence that it could kill him along with Phoenix Man. Also, based on his good showings against Elder Centipede, even if he was nearly killed, I don't really think that Garou was really equal to Genos at that point. I could have made that clearer though.

Tbh, I've always agreed with the detachable limb part, and Garou didn't really damage Genos. Although, I wouldn't say it's PIS because Garou never really injured him, just survived his blows.
Garou actually broke his arm, even if it is detachable. We can see metal pieces flying when he runs away.

His arms are literally detachable and come back on and off, though. I doubt he broke anything because Genos' arm later comes back on with no problem. It was probably just loose stuff inside the arm, like screws and rivets.

Anyway, here's my rework of Garou's page.

We should just straight up scale Senior Centipede to Small City level, tbh. Also, there's no evidence that Garou grew more powerful during the Rover fight, and Garou wasn't really outmatched by Gyoro-Gyoro after adapting, although I doubt she was serious.

Attack Potency: Small City level (Fought and defeated Tanktop Master once he became serious, implied he would perform better against Post-Super Fight Genos in peak condition. Outclassed a pumped Metal Bat) | At least City level, possibly Mountain level+ (Easily decapitated Royal Ripper with a single punch. Adapted to Gyoro-Gyoro's telekinesis, and later grew even more powerful while fighting Orochi, although he was defeated with relative ease by the latter. Fought and eventually overpowered Superalloy Darkshine, who previously shattered Garou's rib cage with a tackle, after his limiter began to break)

Durability: Small City level (Survived a massive beating from Tanktop Master and Post-Super Fight Genos, the latter of whom he was heavily weakened against) | At least City level, possibly Mountain level+ (Survived fighting Overgrown Rover, Orochi and Superalloy Darkshine). Regeneration and Type 2 immortality makes him difficult to kill.

His arms are literally detachable and come back on and off, though. I doubt he broke anything, more like it was just stuff inside the arm.
Do you realize that is too much of a stretch? If we see pieces of metal just when Garou takes his arm off, it is easier to assume he broke some of it rather than assuming there was stuff inside the arm, which we have no evidence for. I agree it was easier for Garou to take the arm off because of how Genos' body tends to work, but he still can damage him to some extent, and that scan is the proof that they are comparable in raw strength.

At least City level, possibly Mountain level+ (Easily decapitated Royal Ripper with a single punch. Adapted to Gyoro-Gyoro's telekinesis, and later grew even more powerful while fighting Orochi, although he was defeated with relative ease by the latter. Fought and eventually overpowered Superalloy Darkshine, who previously shattered Garou's rib cage with a tackle, after his limiter began to break)
His AP only becomes 7-B, possibly 7-A after harming Darkshine. Previously he's just At least Low 7-B

@Tiger Again, it's probably just loose stuff like screws and rivets. Genos' arm later comes back on with absolutely no problem (because it's a function of his arm), so it's actually more of a stretch to say there really was any damage.

Speaking of which, people inferior in strength to Genos, like Sea King (who matched him with one arm), have outright torn off his arms and caused way more damage than that. I don't think this is evidence that they're comparable, especially since Garou did absolutely no harm to him otherwise.

@Emirp Aren't Gyoro-Gyoro and Rover 7-B, possibly 7-A? Besides, the next best feat is outright ripping the head off a Low 7-B.

That's what it's like every other time, I don't think we should assume that's any different for this stage of power. Garou also punched away her telekinetically hurled debris.

Nevermind, that's the multi-eyed form. He still took hits from Rover and blocked Orochi's attacks, though.

Again, Garou is weak to sharp objects. RR doesn't scale to Garou, he can just harm him.

What was the consensus on using the Hero Databook ratings, by the way? They don't seem to be that inconsistent, after taking a look.

What was the consensus on using the Hero Databook ratings, by the way? They don't seem to be that inconsistent, after taking a look.
Case by case. But in terms for the heroes, they're generally discarded or regarded as hyperbole such as MHS+ lightning max

Back