• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Saitama clearly doesn't control his power when he fights monsters.
We can see this from what he said to Orochi.
only deals damage enough to instantly kill the opponent according to monsters level is power control. Also, the theory of force control would make all Saitama-related feats ridiculous and meaningless. It's hard to believe that Saitama's simple mistake caused a misunderstanding and caused readers to overestimate it.
The theory of power control loses even more credibility, given that all monsters that significantly resisted his attacks are above dragons. It is really ridiculous that the artist destroys the image of ending the opponent with one cut to express the simple mistake of Saitama.

Last edited:
Saitama clearly doesn't control his power when he fights monsters.
We can see this from what he said to Orochi.
only deals damage enough to instantly kill the opponent according to monsters level is power control. Also, the theory of force control would make all Saitama-related feats ridiculous and meaningless. It's hard to believe that Saitama's simple mistake caused a misunderstanding and caused readers to overestimate it.
The theory of power control loses even more credibility, given that all monsters that significantly resisted his attacks are above dragons. It is really ridiculous that the artist destroys the image of ending the opponent with one cut to express the simple mistake of Saitama.
What are u trying to get at exactly?

What? So he can still control his power and throw punches varying forces from 10-B to High 6-A right?
I mean He doesn't control his strength when fighting with monsters unless he is a monster who he can feel their strength.

When fighting with humans, of course, he controls his power.

He can control his power, but he doesn't control his power when fighting with monsters. he said it himself
Scan? I'm pretty that is never stated. Him being bloodlusted most of the time does not mean he's going all out

His power is inconsistent even against monsters

• The serious punch against EC is nowhere near as powerful as the one against Boros
  • Beefcake's head was still intact when Saitama killed him. Whereas stronger monsters like Gouketsu had his head blown off and Orochi was blown to bits
  • Rover was only knocked out by Saitama and wasn't exactly blown apart

^
I know when fighting Boros, he puts more effort into it.
Saitama is similar to Jiren, he only punches with enough force to incapacitate, kill or obliterate the target. So yeah, he isn't punching a 9-B monster with a 6-B or High 6-A punch. The stronger his foes are, the more effort he puts into his punches.

We don't know if he punched Carnage Kabuto harder than he punched Rover.

Saitama is similar to Jiren, he only punches with enough force to incapacitate, kill or obliterate the target. So yeah, he isn't punching a 9-B monster with a 6-B or High 6-A punch. The stronger his foes are, the more effort he puts into his punches.

We don't know if he punched Carnage Kabuto harder than he punched Rover.
He didn't expect the attack to end in one blow in early in series. You can tell by looking at the Vaccine Man. It's proof that he doesn't Intentionally try attacks that will kill monster instantly

I'd also say it's more like he puts a certain amount of effort into his punches, unless he explicitly doesn't want to kill something (Fubuki's guards and Snek come to mind), rather than outright limiting his strength.

Also, he did expect Boros to die in one shot, so he probably used about as much effort as he had with prior monsters, whom he whined about one-shotting. But that's complete speculation on my part.

To be honest, not even the authors have attempted to give Saitama some form of baseline punch level, though, so we shouldn't either. It's obvious that he can go from Small Building level to Multi-Continent level punches at a whim.

Last edited:
Not even the authors have attempted to give Saitama some form of baseline punch level, though, so we shouldn't either.
Exactly. Also we kinda already do that

Also, he did expect Boros to die in one shot, so he probably used about as much effort as he had with prior monsters. But that's complete speculation on my part.
This isn't completely unreasonable, he was kinda surprised that Boros survived. Implying Boros may be more powerful than he thought or more powerful than previous monsters. Not 100 percent sold on either imo

The author probably intended the degree to saitama puts his best effort into an opponent who lacks Impress(below above dragon) when his one-punch fails or misses. Otherwise, their survival is simply a failure of Saitama's power control, which leads to the reader's overestimation to Saitama's mistaken and is very strange.

@Six_fold Could you make some of that comment more legible, please? Sorry, but it's a little hard to understand.
Exactly. Also we kinda already do that
IK, the point is more that we shouldn't fix what's not broken.

Speaking of Boros, why would launching someone scale to his own speed? The kick explicitly surrounds people with energy that eliminates friction.

Last edited:
Speaking of Boros, why would launching someone scale to his own speed? The kick explicitly surrounds people with energy that eliminates friction
We had a whole discussion about that a while back. But basically according to the calc guys, Boros' speed would need to logically scale to the speed he throws things at due to some mathematical reason I forgot. It apparently actually yielded Boros being FTL, but was ditched as the method couldn't work at relativistic speeds, so they just placed Boros as At least relativistic+

As for the feat itself, this is the OG scan where it comes from. It's stated that he kicked Saitama at near light speed. While his energy is what prevented Saitama's clothing from burning. Neither is related to the other and your source is likely just faulty at trying to explain it

Plus the feat itself is already relativistic using the anime timeframe and ignoring the scan alone

It's probably some bunk logic like the amount of KE moving his legs being equal to the amount of KE he needs to run, or something.

It said his clothes don't get burned from the heat of friction, suggesting it cancels friction.

It said his clothes don't get burned from the heat of friction, suggesting it cancels friction.
How does it correlate to Boros launching Saitama to the moon tho?

Boros energy does cancel the friction , yes, but it's not stated anywhere that his energy is the thing that sent Saitama to the moon at near SOL.

The scan doesn't place the 2 things as related

@Six_fold Could you make some of that comment more legible, please? Sorry, but it's a little hard to understand.

IK, the point is more that we shouldn't fix what's not broken.

Speaking of Boros, why would launching someone scale to his own speed? The kick explicitly surrounds people with energy that eliminates friction.
Well, I mean, if any monster can withstood or dodge his punches. Of all the punches Saitama threw at monsters that he didn't recognize as strong(Except Boros and garou), it's better to judge it as the strongest punch. Otherwise, the scene is happen due to Saitama's failure to control his power and know monster power. It's hard to believe that the author created a scene where Saitama's punches miss or fail to kill the enemy simply to display such a ridiculous mistake scene.

@Emirp My point is that it's not even a normal kick, so we shouldn't treat it like that.

@Six_fold We have reason not to treat it like that, though. Namely the fact that A) he can control his power, and B) we've never even seen his strongest punch because he's never put in that much effort. Even his serious punches don't come close to his maximum power.

My point is that it's not even a normal kick, so we shouldn't treat it like that.
It's not exactly some kinda super move either tho. OPM always likes to label it's own special attacks or techniques. The fact that the moon launch kick didn't have any of that implies that it isn't a super move of any sorts but just a regular one.

It not being a super move means nothing. If it were just a regular super move, that might actually lend some credibility to its speed, but it doesn't.

@Emirp My point is that it's not even a normal kick, so we shouldn't treat it like that.

@Six_fold We have reason not to treat it like that, though. Namely the fact that A) he can control his power, and B) we've never even seen his strongest punch because he's never put in that much effort. Even his serious punches don't come close to his maximum power.
I mean maximun strength of his casual power(when fight below above dragon monster)

If he does control his powers against monsters, why didn't he expect that he would end the Vaccine Man in one hit?

And why does he disappointment the outcome? He obviously had a chance not to end the monster in one blow if he controlled power.

Last edited:
I disagree with that logic too, because it kind of assumes he'd know his enemy's strength to begin with. For example, Saitama is treated as so strong that he doesn't really even recognise Genos' boosts as anything more than a slight amp.

Also, why would he—someone who's grown quite careless due to his seemingly bottomless strength—even put in enough care to cap off his power at an extremely specific strength level like that against such a wide array of opponents?

Last edited:
I disagree with that logic too, because it kind of assumes he'd know his enemy's strength to begin with. For example, Saitama is treated as so strong that he doesn't really even recognise Genos' boosts as anything more than a slight amp.

Also, why would he—someone who's grown quite careless due to his seemingly bottomless strength—even put in enough care to cap off his power at an extremely specific strength level like that against such a wide array of opponents?
Well, I think there was a misunderstanding. I'm sorry.

And the maximum power was a controversial statement, so it was a bit lacking to express my words. My argument is similar to your opinion on Armored Boros. He put the same amount of effort what he put on his enemies below above-dragon monster he's ever faced when fought orochi and armord boros

Yeah, on that we can agree. To be perfectly clear, my exact and explicit sentiment is that there's no exact or purposeful limit Saitama places on his own power.

Anyone going to do a sperm tsunami calculation? At least someone?

If at least someone does not do it in the near future, then I will do it myself.

Oh, calc is accepted. So the Homeless Emperor's profile can be updated?
I would say it's consistent given that homeless emperors explosions are shown to expand in width from point A to point B which mean you could have the low end size still apply just closer to the impact of the explosion

uc

Seth just dropped a video on Goku vs Saitama. The result was quite obvious, but it made me appreciate even more the Boros fight.
I felt hype when he was talking about Boros vs Saitama especially that part where he said "The hero nobody knows vs The villain nobody knows and a battle no one will see"

Back