• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
should we add a fear manip for Rover and dragon tier monsters? because both humans and monsters would be terrified of facing them unless they were on par with them like S-class heroes

should we add a fear manip for Rover and dragon tier monsters? because both humans and monsters would be terrified of facing them unless they were on par with them like S-class heroes
Fear manipulation is literally the ability to induce fear, as if you were pushing a button to make your opponent fear you anyway. I don't think that just appearing scary to people is fear manipulation.

"N: "It is said that he immediately smells their presence and rushes to them at a blinding speed of 250km/hr within a few minutes"

That's not even mach 1 lmaoaoaoao
978941678591311872.webp

Memes aside, that statement will probably be ignored because it makes WDM slower than Iaian even without taking calcs into account lol

To be honest watchdog man is what Saitama could be if he wasn’t looking for a good fight
he just blitzes the hero association and instantly kills every monster the moment they appear in city Q and doesn’t say a word
he is by far the most efficient hero. Even if somehow he ends up not being the strongest, he’s still one of the best
put flashy flash or silver fang in city Q and sure they’ll body whatever they see, but none of them are actually sniffing out shit from miles and miles away and instantly rushing to get there. Even Tatsumaki has a habit of causing a lot of collateral damage and just messing around, while Watchdog Man ensures that there is absolutely 0 damage done to anyone or anything and goes for the kill instantly.

I'm glad that they remove Tatsumaki's weakness from webcomic to the manga instead they change it to exhaustion which is normal to every character.

“High demon” and “low dragon” are terms that do not exist, stacked on top of threat levels that are trash for scaling.
Threat levels accurately describe a monster's ability to fight over 90% of the time, it's just that each disaster level covers a wide range. Since very strong demons can one-shot weaker demons and the strongest dragons can one-shot dragons who can one-shot weaker dragons, I don't see why not use the categories the universe gives us and split them up into high middle low

Threat levels accurately describe a monster's ability to fight over 90% of the time, it's just that each disaster level covers a wide range. Since very strong demons can one-shot weaker demons and the strongest dragons can one-shot dragons who can one-shot weaker dragons, I don't see why not use the categories the universe gives us and split them up into high middle low
Well luckily the 90% are the ones who already have scaling and don’t need threat levels.
the 10% are the ones who have a threat level without the AP to back it up, so nothing changes. It’s still vastly unreliable you know.

It’s still vastly unreliable you know.
We've had this conversation probably 4-6 times and the situation is still:

I think the system is vastly reliable to the point where we should use it for profiles.

You've successfully lobbied for that not to be the case, but my position hasn't changed over the past year and will not change

We've had this conversation probably 4-6 times and the situation is still:

I think the system is vastly reliable to the point where we should use it for profiles.

You've successfully lobbied for that not to be the case, but my position hasn't changed over the past year and will not change
Vastly reliable is just insanity to claim, when there’s literally multiple in-universe statements that it’s not reliable…

Vastly reliable is just insanity to claim, when there’s literally multiple in-universe statements that it’s not reliable
The idea that a monster may have been given a wrong disaster level cropping up here and there again implies that the categories are useable in the first place and normally reliable.

When we do get the wrong disaster level, it's normally due to a lack of data and that disaster level would be adjusted as more information comes in. Beefcake being the classic example

Back