• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh no, people aren’t talking about one character getting a resistance, this is a national crisis.
actually, one of the most relevant characters on this show, so yeah, this should have more priority.
and this thread is especially made to talk about opm characters, so yeah, ignoring this feat is problematic

Right, because everything is done for the sake of lowballing. 🙄 Willpower being able to do unrealistic things is an extremely common trope in fiction:
resisting something that ignores durability hardly can be justifed with willpower, and this is not the case here.
bang CLEARLY has some resistance to cosmic radiation, others instantly felt the effect of the radiation, with bleeding, hair lost, fainting; bang could still stand and talk even with bad injuries

I mean, we all know every character who has shown resistance to radiation in OPM is because willpower.

Bang was because willpower, Genos was because willpower, Blast was because willpower, even Saitama was because willpower (his willpower is so big he's immune). I'm almost sure Garou's is because of willpower too

actually, this is a REALLY IMPRESSIVE feat for bang, even a beast like tatsumaki was automatically affected by the radiation, even thought she was already fainted.
and, she's actually pretty durable phisically aswell as we can see she tanking psykorochi's eletrical attack with more than 100000volts
Things get REALLY REALLY impressive when I start applying numbers to Garou's radiation.

Astronauts in the ISS are only exposed to about 50 to 2,000 msv during their time in space. To cause immediate hair loss and blood vomiting the level would have to be about 10,000 msv with death being almost inevitable within weeks. If exposure causes victims to fall asleep aka coma, such as what Garou did and if we low-balled the S-class being in Garou's presence to be over 3 minutes from the time he arrived, they would've been exposed to about 60,000 to 70,000 msv. Even being exposed to the Chernobyl reactor core for 10 minutes after the meltdown only reaches 50,000 msv. If the S-class were in Garou's presence between 2 min to a couple of seconds then exposure would be about 80,000 to 100,000 msv.

Keep in mind time and amount of exposure factor into these numbers. Like being exposed to 2,000 msv over an hour is worse than being exposed to 2,000 msv over a year.

Things get REALLY REALLY impressive when I start applying numbers to Garou's radiation.

Astronauts in the ISS are only exposed to about 50 to 2,000 msv during their time in space. To cause immediate hair loss and blood vomiting the level would have to be about 10,000 msv with death being almost inevitable within weeks. If exposure causes victims to fall asleep aka coma, such as what Garou did and if we low-balled the S-class being in Garou's presence to be over 3 minutes from the time he arrived, they would've been exposed to about 60,000 to 70,000 msv. Even being exposed to the Chernobyl reactor core for 10 minutes after the meltdown only reaches 50,000 msv. If the S-class were in Garou's presence between 2 min to a couple of seconds then exposure would be about 80,000 to 100,000 msv.

Keep in mind time and amount of exposure factor into these numbers. Like being exposed to 2,000 msv over an hour is worse than being exposed to 2,000 msv over a year.
and this is exactly why justifing this with willpower is ridiculous

actually, one of the most relevant characters on this show, so yeah, this should have more priority.
and this thread is especially made to talk about opm characters, so yeah, ignoring this feat is problematic
“show”
talking about a manga only feat
L
resisting something that ignores durability hardly can be justifed with willpower, and this is not the case here.
bang CLEARLY has some resistance to cosmic radiation, others instantly felt the effect of the radiation, with bleeding, hair lost, fainting; bang could still stand and talk even with bad injuries
I’m not saying he doesn’t have resistance, but acting like it’s impossible for a fictional character to resist radiation through willpower is just being a forehead.

This is not a fact. This isn’t even a justification. You need an actual reason to say Boros’ AP scales to his durability.
The rules say that, yes, but it's absurd that they are not comparable. Do you really believe Boros would have High 6-A durability with 7-B AP?

you dont have to be so rude when answering people
if you dont want to answer, just dont lol let another one do this
I’m not being rude, I’m being honest. It straight up doesn’t matter that he thinks its absurd.

Endbringers in Worm with High 8-C AP, with one having Low 7-B AP, and High 6-A dura for another example
To add onto that, Emma Frost has High 8-C AP and High 6-C durability in her diamond form. Before downgrades, she had 5-A durability.

Yeah if someone straight up has no evidence to scale to their AP to their dura, then they have no evidence. That doesn't mean it's absolutely 100% correct. Like I don't think Boros's armor would be orders of magnitude more durable than himself/his ability to hit, and I don't think many people would believe so either, but personal feelings aren't evidence that can be applied to profiles

I believe at least his durability has grounds for a direct scaling to High 6-A considering his head was exposed when his body crashed into a wall, which was stated to be particularly durable compared to the rest of the ship.

this aint really the right thread to ask in but since its active, might as well. does anyone know/have the value/calc for crushing skulls and slicing bodies cleanly...

I believe at least his durability has grounds for a direct scaling to High 6-A considering his head was exposed when his body crashed into a wall, which was stated to be particularly durable compared to the rest of the ship.
I don't think we have a standard procedure on places that armor that isn't covering, but with said places not being hit specifically. Saying that though, just because it's logical irl doesn't always mean it would apply here. There are multiple characters who are like, human level without armor, but something like tier 8 with armor. Realistically, I can only assume that if that person was in real life and got hit by a tier 8 punch, the armor wouldn't totally protect them, and the force would travel through and **** them up anyways. Yet we don't upgrade said characters base dura if they are explicitly not as durable as their armor, they are kept at "10-B, 8-C with armor"

I swear we already did that for him. I don’t know when it got changed.

856ce55ea92481e4e51aca2e58eea7f694b97da8894638a21355ac6f0a4586b6_1.webp

oh come on soon we will get some new feats

we shouldn't argue about unnecessary things, we should focus on the chapter that will be released later

let's save this unnecessary debate for later, now we should focus on the chapter that will appear today

What do you think will happen in the new chapter?

Blast teleports Saitama and Garou to Boros' home planet and their clash obliterates it completely.

oh come on soon we will get some new feats

we shouldn't argue about unnecessary things, we should focus on the chapter that will be released later

let's save this unnecessary debate for later, now we should focus on the chapter that will appear today

What do you think will happen in the new chapter?
Garou getting humbled. And by humbled i mean he will completely fail the clash between himself and Saitama, perhaps even his arm exploding from the force of Saitama's punch. It's either that or they get BFR'd really quick and it interrupts them for a moment

In my opinion, here god will intervene in the battle between saitama and garou

if this is really happening, this is really crazy

Back