• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think the statement from the Databook is him being as fast as light , not exactly FTL
I found 2 translations with just a quick search, (I also included the raw if anyone cares to try translating it themselves)
One says "at the speed of light", the other says "at the speed of time" which I don't think means anything.

He is Relativistic+ while holding back his top speed, and at his top speed can fight FTL Garou and Platinum S. Although, it seems like they weren't going at their top speed while Flashy was a part of the fight, and even then he said they were faster than him.

Still, I think it could be within reason to give him a "Possibly Speed of Light" rating using the databook given how he has performed, as long as the "speed of light" translation is the correct one.

And I think the databook statement isn’t accepted because it’s written by the Hero Association and full of hyperbole.
Databook has a statement, but the proper translation is basically "Flashy Flash is so fast he always arrives at the nick of time" and translating it to "Faster than light" was ignoring a Kanji that changes the meaning of a word.

Cover isn't used because its editor hype text and isn't present in the volume versions
Can you please show the calculation according to which Garou will have a minimum level due to black holes and so on?

High 5-A, likely 4-B or something.

Oh wait, Gamma Ray Bursts are just special types of supernovas. The tier would be High 4-C and not 4-B.

Just one of many examples of how dumb this wiki can be:
Putting Metal Bat at 6-A, by damaging Sage Centipede's anntenas, even though this exists:
Chapter-157-37-720x1024.jpg

Garou says here that Metal Bat lost to him as a human, confirming that he sees no change in "Fighting Spirit" MB's physical attributes, which is confirmed by the fact that he was in hospital this whole time doing absolutely nothing, after receiving tremendous ass whooping from EC and Hero Hunter Garou.
People here just straight up ignoring what Garou says here for no reason makes me mind-boggling.
If y'all don't want to be hypocrite by that logic, I'll be here calmly waiting for 6-A One Shotter by ALSO damaging SC weak points.
1. SC noted he got stronger though implying the difference in durability between the limbs holding the helicopter and the areas he attacked before were relevant enough that the damage he dealt was deemed impressive. That kind of contradicts the idea that MB is somehow thousands of jules weaker than SC using Fighting Spirit. You are ignoring the narrative connotations.

2. Garou's earlier statements are contradicted by Garou also acknowledging Metal Bat's growth in strength later in the fight.

3. I don't understand why disagreeing with you would make people hypocrites at all. It's stated right in the rules that no one has to agree with the stated statistics hosted on the character pages and that you're free to believe in what you want. It has nothing to do with anything or anyone.

The ship is calced at FTL.
Where does the ftl come from? Is that the extreme low end? Seems kinda low for a ship that can traverse the universe.

I'm pretty sure no. Pilots aren't Supersonic in reaction speed because they pilot jets afaik
Yeah but the ship kinda just appeared on earth. Wasn't detected or anything, I'd assume it was flying full speed before stopping. Would the speed have to be somewhat comparable if there's no deceleration prior?

Space is also filled with vast distances of emptiness and celestial objects are big enough they could react to avoid collision easily enough so it would be fallacious to rate them at FTL just based on that anyway.

Space is also filled with vast distances of emptiness and celestial objects are big enough they could react to avoid collision easily enough so it would be fallacious to rate them at FTL just based on that anyway.
Yeah that's why I said stopping at earth without decelerating. But I can see why we don't scale it also.

Yeah that's why I said stopping at earth without decelerating. But I can see why we don't scale it also.
We see that there's a lot of pilots and other machinery surrounding the crew. It's likely that the Machinery is doing the work and not the crew themselves.

I'm glad you guys reasoned it out but honestly, during the time Murata was pretty adamant it's impossible to travel faster than light in the atmosphere without noticeable effects unless you're wrapped up in energy (boros) or using special telekinetic powers (Gery) so I think it's just a plot hole to show the heroes being caught off guard than any logically consistent reasoning.

Think about it, no class S hero was able to fully defeat a cadre except for drive knight (Rover not included, He wasnt "beat" but more of tamed)

Back