• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly if Murata's statement is "don't know who would win" that indeed shouldn't be used for scaling.

The relativistic stuff is something he clearly thought a lot about and can be interpreted as him actually making the attacks travel at that speed in a fight he drew, rather than assuming plot details that ONE came up with, and even that is questioned because of Murata declaring he isn't word of god. That last bit is why Murata's statements aren't as reliable anymore, and can only be used in certain occasions

Andytrenom said:
Honestly if Murata's statement is "don't know who would win" that indeed shouldn't be used for scaling.

The relativistic stuff is something he clearly thought a lot about and can be interpreted as him actually making the attacks travel at that speed in a fight he drew, rather than assuming plot details that ONE came up with, and even that is questioned because of Murata declaring he isn't word of god. That last bit is why Murata's statements aren't as reliable anymore, and can only be used in certain occasions
Agree with this.

Someone ignorant saying "I don't know who would win between Orochi vs Golden Sperm" is different than someone who follows the manga and webcomic saying "Hmm, Orochi does have the skills, but Golden Sperm's sheer speed and power might be able to counter that, I don't know". He quite literally showed a reason.

SuperAPM said:
Are we scaling Brave Giants durability to the emperor nova or are we just leaving it at Mountain level?
Brave Giant used to downscale from the Emperor Nova. But if he doesn't than I guess the ninjas and Flashy Flash should only get a likely or possibly 6-C.

So who else is scaling here? Are we placing Flashy Flash in the same tier as Phoenix Man or just leaving him where he is?

Yeah, Flash should be the only one of the three that would possibly scale, mostly due to Phoenix's own statement in reference to him. But is that enough to jump him up to 6-C?

Probably. Question is whether he should be downgraded to 7-A or High 7-A or even just baseline 6-C, given his Emperor Nova was a far bit above Baseline Island level.

Boros usual H2H moves are slightly comparable to SCRC (1/7x its AP), so it kinda gives us a notion of how special attacks work in the verse. Based on this, i think High 7-A should do the trick.

KGiffoni said:
Boros usual H2H moves are slightly comparable to SCRC (1/7x its AP), so it kinda gives us a notion of how special attacks work in the verse. Based on this, i think High 7-A should do the trick.
Where did you get 1/7 from?

Boros scales to heavily damaging his ship which tanked Saitama's Moon jump, calced at being 23 Petatons. Force needed to wipe the surface of a planet is 183 Petatons, 183 ├À 23 = 7.95, basically an 8x difference at most.

I am 99% sure you can't downscale other moves from that. I think we should probably make a separate thread discussing how much Brave Giant should downscale from the Emperor Nova.

Peter1129 said:
I am 99% sure you can't downscale other moves from that. I think we should probably make a separate thread discussing how much Brave Giant should downscale from the Emperor Nova.
I know, just saying. They're very similar moves so i think it at least should give us a notion of how special moves are AP related to their owners physically speaking.

Tetsucabrah said:
That should be removed. Metal Knight was afraid the other heroes were marching towards their deaths and just wanted to nuke the MA base. He wanted to preserve his resources towards another unamed looming threat.

Child Emperor showed no such fear towards Orochi afaik.
I disagree.

0B6E9A48-A4BE-4D48-8DF7-F6BC2006EBAF

GyroNutz said:
Shouldn't Ugarik be contacted, seeing as he's the calc member that debunked the first calc and did the second calc?
Yeah, he should.

Otherwise, of accepted in its current form, I'll make a new CRT about the upper tier scaling chains. I'll say now that Flashy would get a possibly rating though, rather than an outright upgrade.

I think you are probably confused with Murata's statement about Boros's moon kick being light speed

A quick google translate shows that Murata was comparing the speed of Saitama's moon jump to that gif I linked.

It's probably talking about how fast Saitama jumped back after he was kicked by Boros.

Though I don't think it should be usable either way

It's an off-hand statement that's obviously not been confirmed with ONE, and Murata doesn't even seem that sure himself.

There was a thread about this on the one punch man reddit a few month back. I remember one of the translators saying it's talking about how fast Saitama flew after Boros kicked him to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back