• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix Man believes he needs to watch out for Flashy Flash even after his 2nd Resurrection. So Flashy Flashy would probably scale. And anybody that scales to him would also scale.

@KGiffoni No Atomic Samurai and Half-Monster Garou wouldn't scale. They don't have any feats or statements that put them on par with 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man.

Not sure, probably both. Psykos stated Garou could be an executive, and that was before his fight with Darkshine. But again, so could Bakuzan who got stomped by Gouketsu. But that Garou defeated Darkshine, who is comparable to Gouketsu, and Gouketsu, as one of the strongest executives, should be somewhat comparable to Phoenix Man.

Brave Giant & Phoenix Man's second resurrection scale for obvious reasons.

Metal Knight scales on account of having taught CE how to build his tech.

Orochi and Golden Sperm maybe scale by being vastly ahead of the other executives (and if they're relative to Tatsumaki which they have been shown/stated to be, then them being 6-C makes sense, as it's still way below her feats.)

Don't think anyone else scales unless we want to make a "other high S-Class should have comparable output" argument, in which case Darkshine, AS, Bang/Bomb, Flashy Flash, Rover, Elder Centipede, Garou, and Gouketsu might scale.

@KGiffoni None of them has any feats or statements of scaling to Phoenix Man. Heck for all we know after his 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man could be stronger than all the executives or weaker than all of them. So unless they have actual feats or statements they shouldn't scale.

So right now

The ones that definitely scale: Brave Giant, 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man, Metal Knight, Orochi, and Golden Sperm

The ones that might scale: Flashy Flash, Monster Gale Wind and Monster Hellfire Flame

I can see an argument for Flashy. Hellfire and Galewind were capable of somewhat damaging Brave Giants armor, so ontop of that statement from Phoenix Man, maybe. Could also see an argument made for Darkshine personally, but maybe not.

Other than that I don't think anyone else should scale. I can understand the logic behind Orochi and Golden Sperm and scaling wise it makes sense, but its far to easy to just say they should be stronger "because of course they are". I'm fine either way tho, but that should be where the scaling chain ends.

It sucks that a potential verse upgrade got to end like this. Anyways, i hope we get further scaling in the future.

Actually wasn't it stated that only Blast, Tatsumaki, King (Saitama), and Metal Knight could defeat Elder Centipede? So wouldn't that mean Elder Centipede scales to Flashy Flash which would make all the 7-As scale as well?

Yeah, it was. But EC scales to Flashy Flash? I thought his durability scaled to Gouketsu.

Flashy Flash wasn't included in the list of heroes capable of defeating Elder Centipede so wouldn't that mean Elder Centipede scales above Flashy Flash who scales to 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man?

Flashy Flash, Hellfire, and Gale should get a "possibly" rating at the least.

Depends on if you think the nova should scale to Brave Giant's durability I guess.

Actually they would probably scale directly. Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame actually broke apart pieces of Brave Giant with their attacks.

Huh Hellfire and Gale did more visible damage to brave giant than I remembered.

I thought it was just little scratches but they're actually breaking parts off it.

Peter1129 said:
Flashy Flash wasn't included in the list of heroes capable of defeating Elder Centipede so wouldn't that mean Elder Centipede scales above Flashy Flash who scales to 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man?
I think he didn't mean that Flashy Flash, Bang, etc didn't have the power to HURT EC. They did, but its size and ability to molt make it so that only the 4 mentioned could truly defeat him.

That only seemed to be due to its unique physiology. Everytime its carapace is destroyed it just regrows a new one that's even stronger than the last. The 4 mentioned simply possessed the right means to fully put it down which no other hero did. Bang and Bomb managed to severally damage its carapace with their special combination technique but it simply regrew a new one, and any further attempts would be futile. I could imagine Darkshine or Flashy possessing the AP to damage him about as much, but he'd simply just regrow a new one and just outlast them.

Suffice to say, I don't believe he should scale AP wise.

KGiffoni said:
I think he didn't mean that Flashy Flash, Bang, etc didn't have the power to HURT EC. They did, but its size and ability to molt make it so that only the 4 mentioned could truly defeat him.
That makes sense. So I guess the only ones that scale are Brave Giant, 2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man, Metal Knight, Orochi, Golden Sperm, Flashy Flash, Monster Gale Wind and Monster Hellfire Flame.

Most Definitively: Brave Giant, Phoenix Man, Metal Knight

Probably: Orochi, Golden Sperm

Possibly: Flashy Flash, Gale Wind and Hellfire

I mean doesn't Brave Giant scale because he could barely survive the Emperor Nova? And since Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame straight up broke off pieces of it with their attack wouldn't that mean they also scale directly?

This is probably a stretch but could Rover's durability scale?

Everyone reacted to Saitama's punch vs Rover, but only the surface team really reacted to the Nova.

Wait are you being sarcastic or are you actually seriously asking that? It's because they are Above Dragon Lvl which by logic means they are superior to Post-2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man who is still just a dragon lvl threat.

Peter1129 said:
Wait are you being sarcastic or are you actually seriously asking that? It's because they are Above Dragon Lvl which by logic means they are superior to Post-2nd Resurrection Phoenix Man who is still just a dragon lvl threat.
we dont know if 2nd resurrection phoenix man is dragon or above dragon. he never got an official rating.

and when was it confirmed that golden sperm is above dragon. murata just said he doesnt know who would win between orochi and golden sperm

The fact that he was worried about Flashy Flash pretty much confirms that he isn't Above Dragon Lvl.

Exactly Murata said he doesn't know who would win so they are comparable. And Orochi is Above Dragon Lvl which means Golden Sperm is also Above Dragon Lvl.

Peter1129 said:
The fact that he was worried about Flashy Flash pretty much confirms that he isn't Above Dragon Lvl.
Exactly Murata said he doesn't know who would win so they are comparable. And Orochi is Above Dragon Lvl which means Golden Sperm is also Above Dragon Lvl.
murata ******* said that he doesnt know who would win between goku and saitama, so that means goku and saitama are comparable?

i guess its time for low 2-C saitama.

do you see how idiotic that logic is? "i dont know who would win" doesnt equal to "they are comparable", like what the ****.

you guys are forgetting that murata doesnt write the series, ONE does. so murata said he doesnt know because he literally just doesnt know enough about the characters because hes not the ******* writer. murata even said that the things he says can be very inaccurate because ONE hides things even from him.

(1) (2 ) As vague as they may be, these are the only two panels of any use to scaling i was able to find in that fight.

Tetsucabrah said:
ONE is the person that gave Orochi the above Dragon rating.
i never said he didnt lmao. that has absolutely nothing to do with what i was talking about. obviously you didnt read a word of what i wrote.

so if i ask my grandma who knows nothing about OPM, who would win in a fight between GS and orochi, obviously she would say "i dont know who would win" right?

so my grandma is implying that orochi and GS are "comparable" because she said she doesnt know who would win? **** no.

the point is, a person who knows nothing about OPM would say "i dont know" because they lack the knowledge required to justify a victor, which is the same with murata.

murata said that he doesnt know because he completely lacked the knowledge required to say a victor. which is understandable since GS was literally around for like one or two chapters. only ONE knows enough.

its entirely possible that GS stomps orochi or orochi stomps GS. theres absolutely zero evidence that they are comparable. this community is borderline mentally disabled when it comes to WoG statements.

murata is the ARTIST, not the ******* writer.

Murata is the artist but he clearly has some say on how the fights go. ONE gives him a clear beginning and end to each fight and lets him fill in the blanks. He also has information FROM ONE on a lot of his statements so they're mostly credible. The only ones you can say aren't so credible are ones where he doesn't seem sure and says he'll need to ask ONE or the ones that are open ended.

The Geryuganshoop relativistic thing is an example of this. Murata gave the statement and said he drew it as if it were the case but then he followed up with "well at least that's what I think".

And you're completely ignoring narrative intent if you think Orochi is weaker than Phoenix Man lol

Tetsucabrah said:
Murata is the artist but he clearly has some say on how the fights go. ONE gives him a clear beginning and end to each fight and lets him fill in the blanks. He also has information FROM ONE on a lot of his statements so they're mostly credible. The only ones you can say aren't so credible are ones where he doesn't seem sure and says he'll need to ask ONE or the ones that are open ended.
The Geryuganshoop relativistic thing is an example of this. Murata gave the statement and said he drew it as if it were the case but then he followed up with "well at least that's what I think".

And you're completely ignoring narrative intent if you think Orochi is weaker than Phoenix Man lol
lmao murata is the guy who said that orochi could no doubt survive several normal punches with no issue, and then what happened? saitama ONE SHOT orochi with a normal punch. murata literally has said that most of what he says can be ignored because hes almost always guessing, and that ONE leaves him in the dark on a lot of things.

do what you want, but imo yall really take quotes and twist the words like crazy. just because you "feel" like orochi and GS are equals doesnt make it true. theres no real evidence to this.

how would murata even know that golden sperm is comparable to orochi? golden sperm literally only exists to hype up garou. theres really very little info about him.

Murata said that ONE said that Orochi could take more than one punch.

I just reread that part of the interview. All information about Orochi directly came from ONE.

it says on orochi's profile that metal knight and CE fears facing orochi, but i dont recall that ever being stated.

That should be removed. Metal Knight was afraid the other heroes were marching towards their deaths and just wanted to nuke the MA base. He wanted to preserve his resources towards another unamed looming threat.

Child Emperor showed no such fear towards Orochi afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back