• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Character for Every Tier 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cain probably has been sitting at the 9-B spot since the first thread. Feels good to uproot him. With reasoning that could have been given way back then itself.

PsychoWarper said:
So Cain is losing his spot since your saying the Attack Reflection doesnt cover stuff like Mind Hax?
Whether it covers it or not isn't the issue. The 1-A intervention wasn't passive but outside intervention, that's all. 7x isn't much tbh. Plenty of characters can tank their own attacks returned 7x just fine.

As I said, the protection has no wording about non-lethal stuff and no one seems to have used them on him either. The 1-As do end up getting around to killing the guys that mess with Cain, but its not passive, so the Presence won't show up in a vs debate involving Cain due to our site rules regarding outside intervention.

I disagree with your assessment.

Because then, what about things like summoning? People can summon beings that are stronger than them to fight and attack for them, but that isn't seen as an outside influence.

Look at someone like Amakasu Masahiko as an example of this. He's 5-B himself but can summon 4-A beings.

Or what about things like Type 8 immortality or Regenerationn when it's based on someone reviving someone else?

Reinhard from Shinza Bansho can, within the range of his Gladsheimr, can and will resurrect any destroyed souls of his legion, so they can continue fighting forever, thus giving them Mid-Godly regen within Gladsheimr.

Does that count as outside interference?

Cain's Mark is a sign to others that those who attack him will have the Presence's wrath thrown upon them, and frankly, I don't see how that's any different than the mark summoning the Presence himself to fight for Cain when Cain is attacked.

I find it kinda funny that 2-A just goes to "SMT or Digimon Characters" since they stomp everyone else but all matches between the two go nowhere

...I'd just put Atheist man at 2-A but that's just me

682 should be removed since he currently can't be used in VS matches. I nominate The Dunwich Horror. I can start putting him against potential rivals as long as they are not stomps

However, the matches will need to take place in mountain or hill areas since, as SBA dictates, if a side is particularly disadvantaged by central park then it should be moved

Iapitus The Impaler said:
682 should be removed since he currently can't be used in VS matches. I nominate The Dunwich Horror. I can start putting him against potential rivals as long as they are not stomps
However, the matches will need to take place in mountain or hill areas since, as SBA dictates, if a side is particularly disadvantaged by central park then it should be moved
I agree with this.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
No, I'm fairly certain he is

He stomepd the Ur-Dragon, Madoka, and Kriemhild Gretchin.
Has he beaten any 2-A's from D&D or Digimon?

because the examples you gave are rather weak as contenders for strongest 2-A

how isn't D&D a contender?

also gib examples

if it was via lol Observation it's wrong because 2-A Nanashi's Observation isn;t that good

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I can start putting him against potential rivals as long as they are not stomps
Not how SBA works, just because a character doesn't in-character do a certain action without specific condictions it doesn't mean the battle has to be there

Also the only opponent that come to my mind is the Cuelux Assassin

Except Cain doesn't summon the Presence, the Presence shows up or does something. And its not passive protection or immediate, it just happens sometime later. I believe Reinhard resurrecting his gang is passive, so its not intervention. Summoning is an ability and hence fine.

I am fine with passive 7x AR and resurrection. But not with "Presence gonna smite". While its a thing in DC, by our site rules, its outside intervention.

Here's Matoi Sumeragi, who is a similar case but doesn't fall under outside intervention.

Warren Valion said:
I disagree with your assessment.
Because then, what about things like summoning? People can summon beings that are stronger than them to fight and attack for them, but that isn't seen as an outside influence.

Look at someone like Amakasu Masahiko as an example of this. He's 5-B himself but can summon 4-A beings.

Or what about things like Type 8 immortality or Regenerationn when it's based on someone reviving someone else?

Reinhard from Shinza Bansho can, within the range of his Gladsheimr, can and will resurrect any destroyed souls of his legion, so they can continue fighting forever.

Does that count as outside interference?
Your examples are essentially why I said, in general it's more complicated. For this case it doesn't change things, though.

Summoning means to, by your own power, transport a being to you which does your bidding. In other words you influence the outside, not the outside influences your battle on its own accord.

Something like Goku using his Zeno button has for example not be acknowledged as a legitimate way for goku to win, because Zeno is in no way or form obligated to actually do what goku wants. That has been debated before to be considered outside influence.

If a person revives another by actively doing so, as opposed on it being a passive effect, that is outside influence as well. E.g. goku's friends reviving him via dragonballs would not be acknowledged as something that can happen in a battle. If it's a passive effects it falls under blessings/curses which are considered a characters own arsenal.

Essentially see Standard Battle Assumptions, outside influence.

@Overlord

That's up for contention. However, I remember parts of central park being pretty hilly and I just looked it up. There are a good number of hills in central park, so his summoning is good to go

I can make him vs Culex Assassin if you want

TacticalNuke002 said:
Except Cain doesn't summon the Presence, the Presence shows up or does something. And its not passive protection or immediate, it just happens sometime later. I believe Reinhard resurrecting his gang is passive, so its not intervention. Summoning is an ability and hence fine.
I am fine with passive 7x AR and resurrection. But not with "Presence gonna smite". While its a thing in DC, by our site rules, its outside intervention.

Here's Matoi Sumeragi, who is a similar case but doesn't fall under outside intervention.
Dude, you do know that Cain's Attack Reflection is the thing that kills people, right?

Warren Valion said:
Dude, you do know that Cain's Attack Reflection is the thing that kills people, right?
Yeah but AR wouldn't reflect someone removing earth from existence and BFRing Cain.

The presence does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back