• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Speed upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there are some speed feats which could be used in order to upgrade the overall cast to speeds above Supersonic (which have no reliable proof whatsoever to the profiles), so lets get into this

1) Eagle moving in tandem with a laser beam

In Street Fighter Alpha 3, a character named Eagle moves in tandem to the laser beam, the laser is fired in the same exact time as Eagle lifts his hand up, so he is comparable to its speed

Now how impressive is that? Well i used a low Earth orbit position for satellites, which according to this its 2000 km (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit) and it takes 3 seconds in total for the beam to reach till the orbit in the video

So with these in mind, 2000 / 3 = 666.66 km/s or Mach 1958.82 (Massively Hypersonic+)

2) Karin and Zangief flexes on soldiers

In Street Fighter 5, Karin uses a move which overwhelms people as stated even from 12000 km away, Zangief himself tries the move moments after as well and succeeds

I used a timeframe of a minute for this, since we arent given one for this, to find out how fast this would be,

With these we are getting 12000 / 60 = 200 km/s or Mach 588.23 (Massively Hypersonic)

These feats scale to nearly all of the cast and are consistent with the other feats, that the likes of Bison and Ryu scale in other keys, which is into the mach 5633 speeds

Nice, I'm planning several SF CRTs and fixing the speed was one of my intents (I'm waiting for the calc of Dee Jay's super move in SF4 that would be supersonic).

Regarding Karin and Zangief, I think it should be limited only to them and to that specific move, because the Ruler's Staying Hand is a specific technique with that particular effect and I'm very iffy at extending its speed to every other attack.

Unfortunately, I'm also iffy on the laser feat for the same reason I have doubts on the same feat that happens in KI1, which is the way older games are animated and I feel uncomfortable to base the speed of characters by taking this kind of animation as they were perfect reproductions.

But, anyway, I suggest to to put both calcs in a blog and ask for their evaluation here, and they can be used for a CRT only if they are accepted.

They did the feat casually, i wouldnt rule it out that easy or limit it, her techniques also seems to be basic stuff but to an extreme taken, its not as the shotos like Akuma or Ryu which use more to their techniques

As far as Eagle goes, his arm and the laser both go up completely in the exact frame and there isnt any other character to do such a thing in any ending, the animations shows for him

I feel like supersonic is way too low for the verse, let alone based on no concrete stuff in the profiles like dodging Guile sonic booms

Fair enough for Eagle, I guess, but I still have problems with the RSH, because it's basically creating shockwaves by flexing the muscles and it still is a specific techniques, like Shibasaki says, and only the Kanzuki are supposed to know it. Personally, it should be limited to her and Zangief.
Anyway, you should make a blog with the calc and have it accepted, otherwise this CRT can't go further.

If it was done by a shockwave, then it would knock Shibasaki too or even Zangief and Karin when they both did those, let alone the range of the shockwave would be bigger then nuclear bombs according to the range page, since it says from even 12000 km to the move

The technique its called Ruler Staying Hand, not to mention Zangief witnessed that with his eyes and says Karin overwhelms them with rhythmic movements of muscles, he doesnt say its a shockwave or such

While it is something specific to her family, Zangief was able to replicate that, dont think others wouldnt be able to do the same if they tried

I said shockwave because it's the most close thing I can think of a move that knocks out people without touching them by flexing muscles.
Also, just because it can reach that distance it doesn't mean it actually did in that specific instance, when she had to fight a group of soldiers that were very close to her.
Zangief power mimicy is something I have stored in my massive ability additions CRT, but would be exclusive to him, because we don't have evidences of others being able to do so.
Also, in this thread it was recently discussed why characters' speed can't scale to the shockwaves they produce.
I'm perfectly fine in keeping it as the speed of the attack itself, if it gets accepted, btw.

We cant just go by a still image and assume they dont move their body and a shockwave occurs

Not sure if i agree with power mimicry for him, she just tried out her move, Seth is a character who actually copies from characters their attacks

May i see that CRT btw thats something i wanna check myself too

Last edited:
It's a still image but we know that the damage is caused by the movements of the muscles, if it's not a shockwave is still some kind of force created by them. And I'm not really sure that we can compare the speed of waves created my muscles to the speed of the muscle themselves. Wouldn't it be like giving sonic speed to a clap because it created a sound wave? We might contact someone more expert, if this doesn't comes out in the evaluation of the calc.
Power mimicry is valid even for those characters that can just learn after seeing something once, like Goku, Kid Buu and more, it doesn't necessarily need to be supernatural.

Can it count on reaction instead then? Zangief was capable to perceive that and tell how she did it, if not i guess fair enough then or wait for opinions on that

On power mimicry i wanna see more opinions for it, not really sure about it, so im neutral to that

Reaction time is even worse for a still image, he and Shibasaki noticed that Karin just blew them out without touching them, and Shisabaki even took the time to explain what it was and the backstory of the move, and Zangief talked after him. Them reacting to it isn't exactly the most obvious of the assumptions, let's put it that way.

As Saman said, you need to place your calculations in a blog post that can be evaluated by our calc group members.

I have my doubts bout Eagle moving in tandem with the laser beam. He did do some movements in parallel with it, but probably not in tandem as the laser came out in 1 frame and it's clear it moved faster than him.

It goes up completely only after his arm goes upwards as well, so its in tandem, unless it went all the way up before his arm moved with it

It sounds a bit outlierish to me, but I don't have anything to disprove it, if the calc is fine, so I think upscaling could work.
Bison's calc also includes travel speed, given that he flies, btw.

To me its outlerish now too, Bison in Chun Li ending couldnt move in time to avoid the beam going straight to him

EDIT: its pretty much like E Honda 7-A to 6-C feat from SF5 here now, other feats are below his by stronger characters, making it questionable for the scaling between tiers

Last edited:
Right, Bison's calc was on him not avoiding the laser.
I still have a Supersonic+ Dee Jay calc that will be completed at some point, so their speed will not remain unsourced forever.

Do you still need calc group evaluations of your calculation? If so, I can ask a few more of them for help.

If you refer to me, I'll ask once the calc is ready, which doesn't depend on me.

For Blackdarkness' calc, I think Executor fixed it and the calc may be formally upgraded, but we (Me, Blackdarkness and possibly Jesterofgames) are leaning towards rejecting it, as it is an outlier.

Okay. What statistics does the calculation yield, and for which characters?

Also, there are some new Street Fighter EX profiles in the wiki that have been scaled to Akuma, who is a god-tier for the verse. Is this appropriate?

Sub-Relativistic and it would scale to literally everyone but Dan Hibiki and only a few others. And M. Bison couldn't dodge a laser whose speed is lower than the result of this calc, reason why we are deeming this as an outlier. A sub-relativistic speed isn't even supported by other feats afaik.

EX profiles are another canon of which I'm not expert, if the scaling chain really starts from Akuma then it should be okay, we discussed about it here.
EX characters still don't affect the others, as they belong to their own canon, which takes a different path from the canon continuity.
The timeline is something like this:

.......................................................Street Fighter EX -> Fighting EX Layer
Street Fighter 1 -> Alpha Series ->
.......................................................Street Fighter 2, 4, 5, 3.....

Street Fighter EX series isnt canon to the main one as far as i remember, but that will need further research about it

1st calc is pretty much outlier at this point going by this recalc of it and going by other feats, 2nd calc is gonna affect 2 characters only and be something like MHS via that technique, so not the characters physical stats, the latter one needs to be accepted and that would be it

EX was taking place in a alternate universe from the main series, characters from the main game appeared in EX, so it cant be taking place pre SF1 if we are to place it in a timeline

I gave a check to release dates and I found a sort of problem.

The games came out in this order: Alpha 2 (February 1996), EX (November 1996), Alpha 3 (1998), which means that the EX continuity started before Alpha 3.

This actually causes some problems, as the hypersonic speed calc, the city busting laser and class 100 LS (and something more I think) come from Alpha 3.
Akuma destroying the Goutenku island comes from Alpha 2, so their city level tier should still be legit, but it would need some revision, but this isn't the topic where to discuss it, as some feats have to be fished from Alpha 2, EX 1, 2, 3 and Fighting EX Layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back