• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Speed revision

Matthew Schroeder said:
And yes, the endings are non-canon but the Laser is canon. It's a thing Bison has. You can use it.
Yes the satellite is real, however it's not necessarily a standard equipment, yes he can use it, but he legit needs people to calibrate the laser, while he is either on the plaform or they use whatever energy is left in it. it's like a psycho power storer, he stores his psycho and negative energy which he then fires to his satellite to then get amplified by an unknown amount and fire wherever. It can't be used as a speed feat because it's not something people have dodged and the chun li ending is not canon, and bison didn't even dodge the laser, he merely saw it the last second then died, that's not really a good feat.

You did however find a feat that legit should make them hypersonic on the other hand, nice work we should add that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
And Bison and the laser WERE moving at similar speeds. Can't you see it?
I saw the clip, I've seen it dozens of times, the laser and bison weren't going at similar speeds, this is a common trope used in the movies or tv shows as well when characters and Some object are about to hit at each other so the camera pans out and switches between characters, however it doesn't mean they are moving at the same speed. If a can of paint was falling from a roof top while I was simultaneously walking on the same sidewalk the paint was falling towards, and I end up standing above the paint and look up and get hit with it, does it mean I was moving the same speed as the paint falling because I met with it at the same time.

@Matt I was talking about the previous scene when they dived the camera between the laser and bison, also wouldn't that be calc stacking if we used the result from a different feat, even if that's not your forgetting Matt this is still a noncanon ending. The laser from the statue may be real, but. The whole event itself is not so we can't use it I'm sorry.

No reason for us to assume the laser beam is travelling at a different speed than what was calculated prior, the whole car analogy is not that great of a comparison either. Picture M Bison as a 50mp/h car going on the highway, he then just so happens to run straight into a 60mph van but then just a few meters before impact he does have a reaction of sorts to it.

But anyways, I think the canonicity stuff may be rather detrimental.

So, for the high tiers characters we will use Nash speed feat, for the god tiers we will use Akuma (Ant said that his feat should scale to all the other god tiers characters) and Bison speed feat (in some endings, even if are not-canon Bison seems to move at mhs speed).

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
No reason for us to assume the laser beam is travelling at a different speed than what was calculated prior, the whole car analogy is not that great of a comparison either. Picture M Bison as a 50mp/h car going on the highway, he then just so happens to run straight into a 60mph van but then just a few meters before impact he does have a reaction of sorts to it.

But anyways, I think the canonicity stuff may be rather detrimental.
Hmmmmmmmm you may be right, but the canonicity still very much stands, and we can't assume anything jsut because the laser itself is real.

Dark649 said:
So, for the high tiers characters we will use Nash speed feat, for the god tiers we will use Akuma (Ant said that his feat should scale to all the other god tiers characters) and Bison speed feat (in some endings, even if are not-canon Bison seems to move at mhs speed).
Hold up dark, yes on the Nash feat, and also add it to the god tiers as well. We never agreed to the Akuma feat I already proved why it doesn't t scale or work and ant agreed. As for the m bison thing it's also on hold.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The statue is in Thailand, though, and it reached Bison in another continent in seconds.
Matt I'm sorry bud, but you haven't explained how we can use a non canon speed feat to apply to bison

Also isn't the capital they're heading towards in China or japan?

Because while Bison blowing up the city is non-canon, the weapon that does it is canon, and this isn't like, say, Dan beating Bison in his ending. This is something we can legit use.

Canonicity debate aside, the satellite feat wouldn't really scale to Bison's fighting speed, just his pereceptions as he was unable to move before it hit him.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding and the MHS comes from the fact characters can presumably dodge Bison's flight speed in-game in wich case I see nothing wrong with it.

AguilaR101 said:
Canonicity debate aside, the satellite feat wouldn't really scale to Bison's speed, just his pereceptions as he was unable to move before it hit him, or maybe I'm misunderstanding and the MHS comes from the fact characters can presumably dodge Bison's flight speed in-game in wich case I see nothing wrong with it.
The MHS comes from bison supposedly matching the laser at similar speeds. He never dodged the beam as he died once they were close enough. Now that I think about it, besides in game mechanics has anyone dodged bisons psycho crusher in a cutscene at all.

I think that Matthew seems to make sense.

Antvasima said:
I think that Matthew seems to make sense.
But ant their is several problems with matts proposition, one he is only referring to Ryus ending(also noncanon) and ignoring the fact chun lis ending is also noncanon. Bison only uses the psycho drive to revive himself if he is ever defeated, brainwash others, or charge himself up with more negative energy. And not to mention the psycho drive was destroyed in the street fighter alpha series. We can't use any of these feats.

So, should we go with Matthew's proposition to upgrade the characters, or dismiss the feat as non-canon, as Grudgeman1706 says?

Okay. Feel free to ask some calc group members to calculate it. You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Yes. I also think that this would be very useful.

Kryptonian Supremacy said:
Right.

Also, How Do You Know Ryu's Ending Is Non Canon?
Ryus ending? The feats are from chun lis and bison ending, where Charlie never dies and bison takes over the world after getting Ryus body and used it to power his psycho drive.

And as for Ryus ending, Ryu ends up also killing bison(pretty much everyone kills bison in their ending).As for canonicity, it's a big story line that I really don't want to get in to explains, and yes you are correct Ryus ending is canon. However the feats that were debiudned come for. The noncanon chun li and bison endings that take their own route.

Right, Anyways I Was Watching YouTube Street Fighter V Cutscenes And Noticed That M. Bison's Black Moons Are Powered By His Own Psycho Power.

And the Psycho Energy Can Reach Above The Atmosphere To New York City In Seconds.

How Has No One Else Noticed This?

Mmm... You have a point, though I am unsure if this can apply to his projectile speed.

Also, the fact that Shin Akuma most likely scales to anything Base Akuma can perfom is true. We can probably use Base Akuma's feat for Shin Akuma, Oro, Oni and Gil.

Well, how high would that scale him then?

@Matt: Please forgive me for saying this but why do you keep bringing up this same feat, Ive already debunked this feat 3 times, this was the whole point for the thread.

Back