• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Speed revision

BrainSWord74 said:
So if Bison's feat is so debatable, will you at least accept Akuma's speed upgrade and chars that scale to him for now
As I said before, I absolutely disagree scaling the speed of that ki-blast to Akuma and anyone else. Especially when nobody has been seen dodging it, I also disagree with scaling the speed of this ki blast to his hadoukens for reasons aforementioned.

I don't see anything wrong with either feat. The former can be scaled to the speed of Shinku Hadoukens and other such things, and Bison's feat is legit.

"The former can be scaled to the speed of Shinku Hadoukens and other such things"

And what is the reasoning for this? That it isn't reasonable to assume some ki blasts are hundreds of times slower than others, when this has actually proven to be the case?

"Bison's feat is legit."

As long as it applies only to flight speed; I cannot see where this would be applicable for reactions (especially when Bison couldn't steer himself out of the beams way.) Even then I'm unsure; this is only a single showing.

That case has never been proven, not at all. We can know for certain the speed of Ki Blasts through Akuma's feat. It is far more unreasonable than assuming that one isolated Blast is hundreds of times faster than any other. The series never makes such distinctions between blasts.

And sure it would scale to all types of speed, because it's his Psycho Crusher attack, something he uses in combat and people can react to and block..

Sekia Kuretsuha is now not just some random move which he used in some ending against nothing but a forest, it has already become one of his powerful techniques which he uses in almost every single battle. By that logic, all characters that scale to Akuma are below Small Island Level, because guess what? Akuma used the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan technique to perform that feat, and since "we have never seen him using this technique against anybody nor it is stated he used this technique in battles", then all characters would be downgraded to Small Town Level+. And I know we all agree that isn't the case.

Back