• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter DC Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll keep this simple.

According To this Calculating Destructive Capacity Link.

Vaporization can be justifiably used if there is visible vapor after the attack.

Here's The LInk: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Calculations

Visible vapor can be seen after Chun-Li's Kikosho.

Start At The 55 Second Mark: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=tQEWCRsDvX0

The Calculations Were Re-Done in the Comments Section: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lina_Shields/Street_Fighter:_Chun_Li

Came out as 619 Kilotons, which is Large Town Level+.

Street Fighter Low-Mid Tiers Should Be Solidly Large Town Level+ off of this.

Which Includes Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Seth, Bison, Chun-Li, Etc.

Hmm, i always wondered why we downgraded it in the first place......but looking at the link i agree they're are whisp of vapor surronding shoa kahn and vaporaztion should be applied

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Hmm, i always wondered why we downgraded it in the first place......but looking at the link i agree they're are whisp of vapor surronding shoa kahn and vaporaztion should be applied
That's actually M. Bison, but I get what you meant.

Kryptonian Supremacy said:
Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
That's actually M. Bison, but I get what you meant.
jesus wrong series lol

I'm interested in what Lina shields has to about this(since he was the one who did the original calc. If he has no problems with it I can't find a reason not to agree with this as well.

Vaporization seems reasonable, one could probably say there isn't enough vapor, but on the other hand there is no rock dust anywhere to be seen so...

ScarletFirefly said:
So, gave this another look.

I'm not really sure this classifies in vaporization because there was little vapor coming from Vega. Looks more like dust than vapor to me. I think this is Pulverization, but I'm also interested in more opinions.

Also take a look at this screenshot, moments after the Kikosho was fired. The rocks don't looks like they're being vaporized, more like getting reduced to dust.
It definitely looked like vapor to me, And there was a good amount of it as well.

I still think this classifies as Vaporization.

And the majority seem to share my opinion.

Those rocks are outside the blast radius, So it makes sense that they wouldn't be vaporized.

ScarletFirefly said:
So, gave this another look.

I'm not really sure this classifies in vaporization because there was little vapor coming from Vega. Looks more like dust than vapor to me. I think this is Pulverization, but I'm also interested in more opinions.

Also take a look at this screenshot, moments after the Kikosho was fired. The rocks don't looks like they're being vaporized, more like getting reduced to dust.
This Post Is 1 day old now, No one will be interested in seeing it.

We have to make do with what we have now.

The majority agrees with Vaporization.

So That's What We'll go with.

Now how do I get the upgrade?

Not so fast. I'm all for upgrading SF but not like this. This has to get approval from mods or other calc members. Also doesn't matter how old a thread is, as long as you bump it, people will see it.

ScarletFirefly said:
Not so fast. I'm all for upgrading SF but not like this. This has to get approval from mods or other calc members. Also doesn't matter how old a thread is, as long as you bump it, people will see it.
If you say so, how do I get the Mods and other calc members to notice this though?

If I were you, I'd leave this thread for another day, someone might respond. If not you can ask one of the mods by writing on their wall to either check the thread out or highlight it so other people can see it. I think you can find the list of the staff on the homepage.

ScarletFirefly said:
If I were you, I'd leave this thread for another day, someone might respond. If not you can ask one of the mods by writing on their wall to either check the thread out or highlight it so other people can see it. I think you can find the list of the staff on the homepage.
Great advice!, how do I get the upgrade after the Calculation is approved?

If this calc is approved, quite a number of SF characters (some of the pages are locked) will get upgraded so probably a mod will apply the updates accordingly.

ScarletFirefly said:
If this calc is approved, quite a number of SF characters (some of the pages are locked) will get upgraded so probably a mod will apply the updates accordingly.
That's good, how will the Mod know to do so?

Will I have to contact them?

I also find it more likely to simply be dust.

However, this is an entirely wrong way to go about this. You should leave polite messages on the walls of some calc group members linking to the blog post, and asking about if they can comment on whether it pulverisation or vaporisation.

Antvasima said:
I also find it more likely to simply be dust.

However, this is an entirely wrong way to go about this. You should leave polite messages on the walls of some calc group members linking to the blog post, and asking about if they can comment on whether it pulverisation or vaporisation.
It doesn't look like dust at all to me.

But to each his own.

Okay, I'll do that.

As ScarletFirefly said, vaporization is only used when the attack in question is based on extreme heat, or the characters imply that the feat itself was done via vaporization.

Another way that vaporization could be used is if there is significant steam/vapor coming out of the destroyed section of the area, which implies that the majority of the material has been turned to steam due to immense heat.

Notably, the definition of pulverization states:

Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust. We usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the aftermath of the attack.
Considering that Chun-Li does not use heat-based attacks, and also considering that we do not see significant steam coming out of the resulting attack, this is more likely to be pulverization. Probably the reason why NF didn't classify this feat as vaporization in the first place really.

Btw: It would probably be best if you repeat your response in the blog post as well, so we avoid a repeat of this in the future.

Lina Shields said:
As ScarletFirefly said, vaporization is only used when the attack in question is based on extreme heat, or the characters imply that the feat itself was done via vaporization.

Another way that vaporization could be used is if there is significant steam/vapor coming out of the destroyed section of the area, which implies that the majority of the material has been turned to steam due to immense heat.

I still think this is Vaporization, And that seems to be the Popular opinion in this thread as well.

Lina Shields said:

Naruto Forums isn't always correct.

There was a good amount of vapor present as well.

Not all Vaporization attacks are due to extreme heat in Fiction either.

Not all Vaporization attacks are due to extreme heat in Fiction either.
First of all, please don't quote large blocks of text, it clutters the thread and makes it harder to read what's important.

And second, you do realize that by definition vaporization is the physical destruction of an object that is exposed to intense heat or the phase transition from liquid to vapor right? You can't have vaporization without having heat, and the neither the Kikoken nor the Kikosho are attacks that are based on heat, they are energy based attack that rips apart using force not heat.

I know what vaporization is, I'm just saying that Fiction doesn't always make sense.

The Kikosho not having any heat in it is just an assumption of course.

I'm not saying it doesn't generate heat, everything generates heat, even a simple punch. Would we assume that punches apply vaporization based on this? No, because the punch doesn't use heat as it's main damaging aspect, it uses force, just like Kikoken and it's variation.

For example the Hadoken, a very similar move to the Kikoken is the manifestation of one's will or willpower in other words. According to the SF2 Official Handbook the Hadoken is said to be as warm as normal body temperature, contrary to popular belief of how it is believed to be a fireball. In other words, it's the force of impact the one that does damage. A different case is made for the Shakunetsu Hadoken, a Hadoken imbued with the power of fire or thermal energy.

Chun-Li has never shown any Kikoken similar to the Shakunetsu Hadoken, so it's safe to assume she does not have that move in her arsenal.

Still an Assumption of course.

But I get what you're saying.

But it still has to be vaporization, otherwise there would've been so much vapor after Chun-Li's attack.

But it still has to be vaporization, otherwise there would've been so much vapor after Chun-Li's attack.
If this feat was indeed vaporization, we would see much more steam, as well as presence of heat, coming out from the crater. However, we do not see any of this in the video. The only thing that we see is just a crater, as well as a bit of dust cloud coming out of there.

You could have a better case of arguing vaporization if there were signs of the stuff crater being molten/melted due to extreme heat, but we don't even see that either.

So, pulverization is far as it gets for this feat.

If this feat was indeed vaporization, we would see much more steam, as well as presence of heat, coming out from the crater. However, we do not see any of this in the video. The only thing that we see is just a crater, as well as a bit of dust cloud coming out of there.

You could have a better case of arguing vaporization if there were signs of the stuff crater being molten/melted due to extreme heat, but we don't even see that either.

So, pulverization is far as it gets for this feat.

Those were not dust clouds.

Dust clouds don't look like that at all.

That's not even debatable.

Dust clouds are lumpy, not wavy.

Attacks From Pulverization don't emit visible vapor.

Those weren't dust clouds.

Dust clouds don't look like that, that's a fact.

I'm sticking with Vaporization.

Well, nobody seems to agree with you, and this is not going to be accepted.

I would appreciate if you permanently drop the subject. Thank you.

Since vaporization requires over a hundred times more energy compared to pulverization, considering a feat for vaporization requires a specific set of guidelines; mainly:

• evidence that said material is giving off tons of steam/vapor
  • evidence that said material is molten
For example, you can definitely make a case for vaporization in this picture, as a part of the mountain seems to have completely disappeared, with traces of rock being melted and stuff.

If Chun-Li's crater made something similar to the picture above, it would be considered for vaporization, but we don't see anything like the picture above in Chun Li's feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back