• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XSOULOFCINDERX

They/Them
According to Our Rules on Stomp Matchups, a Matchup that ends in a fight where one opponent can't beat the other because their Regen is too effective is not a stomp, however everytime I've seen a matchup like this come up everyone treats it like a stomp because how wouldn't it be if one character literally can't lose? My suggestion is to remove that as a Valid Win-Con since it makes the fight completely one-sided in a way that's insurmountable.

Last edited:
look, for a match to be a stomp, it means that you have not a SINGLE way to defeat your opponents, regen is one of the factor that contribute a stompish match but not a quarter of it
Yeah, if you don't have Hax that can deal with a certain level of Regen then that's a Stomp.

Yeah, if you don't have Hax that can deal with a certain level of Regen then that's a Stomp.
and that's very obvious, no way you pit some non-haxy character to a character that has at least mid regen in equal battle and expect an equal fight, you need to know what hax your characters choosing has

first of all, i don't participate in that thread so i dunno what's wrong with it but from what i see, Tanjiro's regen makes Raiden can't kill him is that correct?

second of all, try to ask other mods but i half agree with this since if your opponents don't have any real way to deal with your opponent's regen whilst not having anyway to either incap, seal, or bfr then it is a stomp from my pov

first of all, i don't participate in that thread so i dunno what's wrong with it but from what i see, Tanjiro's regen makes Raiden can't kill him is that correct?

second of all, try to ask other mods but i half agree with this since if your opponents don't have any real way to deal with your opponent's regen whilst not having anyway to either incap, seal, or bfr then it is a stomp from my pov
Yeah, that's correct.

I obviously mean that if you can't kill or Incap your Opponent because they have Regen to good for your AP and you don't have the Hax or AOE to deal with it either then it's a stomp.

If u don’t have a way to kill or incap the other guy, then u can’t win. Ergo, stomp. It makes no difference if the other guy passively regens all the damage, or doesn’t take damage due to dura in the first place. At the end of the day. They will be as fine as they were as if u didn’t hit them. Ergo, stomp

Yeah, there isn't really any practical way to kill anyone with High-Mid unless you're like, thousands of times stronger or have the right P&A, and even someone with Mid is virtually unkillable if you don't have a sizable AP advantage. So unless the regen can be depleted or they have some notable weakness, stomp.

I'n regards to the OP. Where does it say that?
  • Both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative and defensive abilities that prevent the other from killing them, but one character has moves that allow for them to gain the upper hand.
This is basically saying if you have a move like a had ability(s) that could give ypu the upper hand against an opponent they can't kill do to regeneration means it isn't a stomp which is true. If I had mind manipulation and effectively could use it, then I can beat someone with regeneration I cannot bypass.

What's the issue here?

Yeah, there isn't really any practical way to kill anyone with High-Mid unless you're like, thousands of times stronger or have the right P&A, and even someone with Mid is virtually unkillable if you don't have a sizable AP advantage. So unless the regen can be depleted or they have some notable weakness, stomp.
Yes. But it states that it isn't a stomp so long the opposing side has some method to give them the upper hand, aka an ability the person can't counter even with regeneration.

This seems like a misinterpretation of the stomp rule.

• Both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative and defensive abilities that prevent the other from killing them, but one character has moves that allow for them to gain the upper hand.
This is basically saying if you have a move like a had ability(s) that could give ypu the upper hand against an opponent they can't kill do to regeneration means it isn't a stomp which is true. If I had mind manipulation and effectively could use it, then I can beat someone with regeneration I cannot bypass.

What's the issue here?

Yes. But it states that it isn't a stomp so long the opposing side has some method to give them the upper hand, aka an ability the person can't counter even with regeneration.

Wait, if only one of the two characters has a way of bypassing Regeneration, then wouldn't that still be a scenario where one of the two sides has no way of winning?

Wait, if only one of the two characters has a way of bypassing Regeneration, then wouldn't that still be a scenario where one of the two sides has no way of winning?
What are you talking about? This scenario is if one person has regeneration that the other can't beat physically. Not if both have a regeneration neither can beat physically.

But going off your question, yes, that would a stomp/mismatch.

What's the issue here?

It literally says this.

Both characters are otherwise evenly matched in terms of stats and abilities, but one has regeneration that the other cannot easily surmount.

What are you talking about? This scenario is if one person has regeneration that the other can't beat physically. Not if both have a regeneration neither can beat physically.

But going off your question, yes, that would a stomp/mismatch.
Doesn't the sentence say that both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative abilities? It doesn't specify anything about only one character having Regeneration.

It literally says this.

Both characters are otherwise evenly matched in terms of stats and abilities, but one has regeneration that the other cannot easily surmount.
But then it adds that if the other character has a move(s) that allow them to get an upper hand it isn't a stomp. Aka abilities.

This is just bad wording. The "abilities" part needs to be removed since it contradict the next part.

Doesn't the sentence say that both characters are evenly matched and have regenerative abilities? It doesn't specify anything about only one character having Regeneration.
The scenario I mentioned was based off the thread XSOULOFSINDERX posted. Look below...
EXACTLY! Which This Thread is a good example of.
My scenario is about one person having regeneration, not both. As this example is used for.

Hmm I guess I got confused. That rule is wrong I'll admit that but the example put forth doesn't fit the context which is why I got confused.

Also, I moved this thread to our staff forum, since it concerns a wiki policy issue.

Stomps and decisive victories are two widely different things. I will say that the difference is that a decisive victory basically means there's little to no chance but not without the inferior fighter at least putting up a good fight. But a stomp is where it's basically impossible for the inferior fighter to win and/or the superior character literally overkills the less powerful or haxed character.

But if a regen is like so high that the other character cannot kill them permanently, I think it actually would be considered a stomp yeah.

A lot of people seem to be forgetting that killing the opponent isn't the only win-con. Knocking the opponent out, BFR and incap are all valid ways to get around regen.

I think adding a rule that stats that if the Regen is sole deciding factor which plays heavily against the opponents skill/ability set, then it is a stomp.

The question is why does this need to be a rule? If a character can't be beaten regardless of regeneration, then it is a stomp regardless. Its completely unnecessary to list this since you could knock a character with high regen out and have that as the victory condition. It's entirely case by case and doesn't need a specific rule put in place for it.

Its completely unnecessary to list this since you could knock a character with high regen out and have that as the victory condition.
You can’t knockout anyone with mid Regen and above. The KO you’re speaking of relies on damaging the brain and rendering them unconscious. Someone with mid and above can Regen that.

And yet we have verses that have people with High regen that get knocked out due to overexhaustion. On paper, it works, but in practice it needs to be proven.
It’s just an outlier or contradiction for the character then. Stamina=/=K.O ing someone through force. It should be the base assumption as assuming otherwise doesn’t make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back