• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Keeweed said:
It also doesn't negate the marauder's shield and the AoE of the ice bomb won't matter if it hits Steven shield. I think the Doomslayer could think of ways to get past the shield since many people in Steven Universe have gotten past it before. But shooting through the shield isn't happening.
Also I won't be able to comment anymore until at best Tuesday due to School work and Regular work so sorry in advance for any inconveniences.
Why would the AoE not hit Steven? If it ends up hitting the shield (he can also just shoot at the floor) then the blast range is going to freeze Steven, regardless if he's behind a shield.

No if he's behind the shield the ice is just going to hit the shield, it isn't going to circle around it. The marauder also shows this as he can block the ice grenades. Granted if the unmaker works on Steven that gives the Doom Slayer another way to win and a perfect distraction for the ice bombs, but just blindly shooting an ice bomb at Steven would end with it being blocked.

Are you referring to his full body shield? Because I'm referring to the smaller one, that one will cause him to become frozen.

I mean if Steven uses his smaller ones or his hand shields the ice bomb would work, but I doubt Steven isn't going to make his shield bigger when he sees a grenade heading towards his face. That's why the Doom Slayer would need to hit or distract Steven first before attempting to freeze them.

I mean, he knows how grenades work, and a normal explosion would already be beyond the size of his normal shield.

ThisThingisReallyBroken said:
Never said the doomslayer didn't have his runes,doomslayer time slows,freezes Steven before shield comes up with grenades.Doomguy wins for me.
Pretty sure that is optional equipment, no?

the runes are standar in doom eternal key, the only optional equipment that the doom guy has are the weapons of the past Doom (except the BFg 9000 and the super shotgun) and the crucible.

Why are runes optional equipment, everything he has should be something he always has since once he gets it, he keeps it.

Runes are standard equipment but he only has one time slow and it slows the Slayer down as well. Technically its more of an enhanced perception thing like what Arthur Morga has and even then it only works when he's in mid-air and enemies can still block his attacks when he uses it

WeeklyBattles the description says it's slows down time,it's better to take it at face value.While dead eye is specifically stated to be a perception thing in the lore.Time Slow working in mid air could only be gameplay wise,as he slows down time during weapon wheels and saving blow.So it could be judged fairly that he can slow time at will.

However the Lore specifically alludes to and states that it is more senses rather than time slow.While the rune outright tells you it slows time without any correction or saying it is only senses.

Yeah, the lore alludes to the Doomslayer just being able to enhance his perception with the gameplay backing it up due to enemies still being able to react to his attacks

Back