• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
Steven can potentially reflect the ice grenades so
I won't be able to respond for a little while, but I just want to say Marauders entire point is the block all your attacks for attacking them in the wrong way or time so the Slayer is already used to shield users that screw around with his attacks. He not going to blindly fire an ice Grenade at Steven, he's going to fire it when he's absolutely sure it's going to hit because that's one of the ways the Slayer deals with the Marauder.

Has the shield shown to block heat? If yes, Steven either wins or stomps depending on how well he can deal with ice grenades.

Wait, since sound and light can get through the bubble, could the radio wave upgrade do that too?

Yes, its withstood both lava temperatures and arctic temperatures

Light cant get through the bubble actually, its both made of light and has blocked light based attacks such as the Diamond's corrupting light, as well as protcting steven from the radiation of deep space

Did they actually mention the radiation being blocked? I'd wager they just forgot of its existence like most do.

But regardless, it doesn't matter then. Steven wins here.

Yes, Pearl actually acknowledge ships needing radiation shields to travel through space in one episode where she built a space ship

well the doom slayer still has the unmaker or the crucible that can undo the shield of the doom hunter probably due to the absorption of energy.

The gems were out numbered during the gem war but they had an army to help them and a 6-C help them. Also they were still constantly being pushed back according to Pearl when she talked about Hessonite during the war. The Doomguy didn't have back up and majority of the Demons get their ap from stomping the Doomguy. The Doom Slayer has been constantly fighting until he was sealed meanwhile we don't have anything saying the Gems were constantly fighting corrupted gems as consistently as the Doomguy fought demons. Plus the Gems also one shot most corrupted gems (not all of them but they have easily one shot most of them).

I've rewatched the scene were Steven fought Jasper (future) and he got hit multiple times and also threw unshielded punches multiple times.

The Doomslayer has plenty of opportunities to hit Steven with an ice bomb.

I mean: I guess I'll vote inconclusive because a high 6-A shield is definitely an amazing advantage but it's not like he's completely unhittable, and the Doomslayer is going to capitalize on the hits he does land. And while I don't think he would be able to rip Steven apart if he gets a stray punch or stab, he will be able to land an ice bomb and end the fight right there.

@Keeweed Homeworld had an army several hundred to several thousand times larger and had three White Lights to help them on top of weapons that are instnatly lethal to Gems. Most of the demons 7-A Doomguy fights are tier 9 to tier 8

Again, Steven vs Jasper is High 6-A Steven, thats not a good gauge of how 7-A Steven fights

@Adem Yes, and as confirmed by Pearl every time a White Light was used on the battlefield thousands of Gems in the Rebellion's army were shattered

I mean he hadn't outdone himself being 9B being constantly trained by the sentries until the serafin turned him into the Doom slayer.

@Adam Yeah and rose scales to fighting all of them off so it really doesn't matter for the rest of the gems. Also the rest of the gems were stated to constantly loss against those 6-Cs so it doesn't effect their experience. Humans in the real world fight with weapons that one shot themselves and against tanks but it's not like any regular soldier could do what the gems or the Doomguy could do with their experiences.

What fight is a good representation of how 7-A Steven fights then?

Note that Homeworld also had Gems like Hessonite who are able to oneshot all but the strongest fusions the Gems have

And Pearl says out loud that they were constantly losing to Hessonite. We see Hessonite stomp the gems within the very same game. The gems later won but the gems constantly get one shot throughout the fight with Hessonite (which leads me to believe they only win because the plot said so because nothing changed between the first and second fight to give them a chance to win)

Steven vs Bluebird was only, at first, a single hit and it was Steven charging straight to them. After they refused Steven was hit by them like five seconds into the fight so that just points to the Doom Slayer landing his ice bomb. The slayer could distract Steven with his guns (Steven doesn't know they are 9-A) then shot a Ice Bomb at his feet (if we really are basing Steven off the Bluebird fight but that doesn't really seem like a fight to me).

Steven fought them by avoiding getting frozen. When Amethyst was frozen in the temple death trap she was shown to be incapacitated and needed Pearl to help break her out, so if Steven is frozen he's screwed. If the Doomslayer blindly fires his ice grenades then I could see Steven avoiding it, but the Doomslayer doesn't use his grenades like that. He'll wait until Steven is in a scenario that he can't stop the grenades (just like the marauders) and then freeze and kill Steven.

WeeklyBattles said:
Steven vs Bluebird was High 6-A steven as well
Which fights are you referring to then because every fight that comes to mind has Steven getting hit multiple times.

I'm pretty sure the Marauders eyes turning green would be a gameplay mechanic, but even if it isn't good luck focusing on some guys eyes turning green when your being attacked by dozens of other demons. Nobody uses that as that as the sign to shoot the marauder, people just remember what part of the swing to shoot the marauder since it's much easier than focusing on his eyes.

The Doomslayer doesn't need Steven to do something as obvious as what the marauder does. He just needs Steven to have his shield not be blocking where the grenade is going to land. Steven going for a punch, or sending his shield out like he does in the Jasper fights, gives the Slayer an opportunity to freeze Steven

WeeklyBattles said:
Plus the Plasma Gun doesnt work on shields of guys like the Arch-Vile or MArauder
Actually, I'm pretty sure the Slayer's plasma gun does neg the Arch-Vile's shield.

Anyways, if the Slayer needs to freeze Steven then I don't see why he can't do it. Steven dealing with people who can do so is irrelevant, even if he blocks the initial shot, it just blows up when hitting something and still has enough range to hit the enemies. If it can be large enough to affect big baddies like the Cyberdemon, Steven blocking is the last thing he wants to do.

It also doesn't negate the marauder's shield and the AoE of the ice bomb won't matter if it hits Steven shield. I think the Doomslayer could think of ways to get past the shield since many people in Steven Universe have gotten past it before. But shooting through the shield isn't happening.

Also I won't be able to comment anymore until at best Tuesday due to School work and Regular work so sorry in advance for any inconveniences.

I already proved that the unmaker works with things that are not demons, he only shoots Steve with that and that's it

Might want to make a CRT for the Unmaykr then because atm we only accept it as working on demons, nothing else

Back