• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe's potential inconsistency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Steven's AT and Durability is listed as Small Island formely Multi City Block and he's got EJ striking stregnth I believe.

But in "Nightmare Hospital" he seems to be in danger from Gem shard mutants who weren't strong enough to bust down a door.

Just wanted to hear some thoughts on that, outlier?

We have scaled the SU characters from their highest feats. Regrettably most fiction tends to be extremely inconsistent.

Shouldn't Connit scale from Steven?

In the Episode, Crack the Whip, they fought on very equal grounds, even if it was just Training, I think that is a good feat

Steven was by no means going all out in that fight. It was a casual sparring match during which they were literally laughing and grinning the whole time, it was more for fun than actual combat.

@Aiden I do not know. It may be best to ask Azathoth, or somebody else knowledgeable about the premises. However, Connie is just supposed to be human on her own, so it may be considered as an outlier.

They also where in a training.

And we have Steven fightning Amethyst as a serious feat, even when they were sayinf each other constanly.

Also, didn't defeated several Holo Pearls?

Seeing their feats, I think that Wall level is really downplaying.

Shouldn't Steven get Two keys?

One for BoS and other for his Current power?

His current self is clearly stronger than his BoS self

I wouldn't be opposed to a key for BoS/Season 1, it be like how we handle the Finn the Human and Danny Phantom pages. I guess Season 1 Steven would be Low 7-C scaling off his durability?

Also, I hope this isn't to off subject, but shouldn't we rate the Rubies, Sapphire and Steven at "At least High 7-A, possibly 6-C" or something? We already note that they can't be to far behind Amethyst and the gap between Small Island and Island is only 5.

I honestly see no reason for Steven to not be just large island. Overpowering the Together Breakfast monster that overpowered the gems, one-shotting Lapis' water clones that were also overpowering the gems, fighting Amethyst and Bismuth and defeating several Holo-Pearls (a single HP one-shotted Pearl) at once should be more than consistent enough.

He didn't one-shooted the water clones by himself, the vibrations caused by his shield destroyed them

Pearl being one-shooted by a Holo-Pearl is considered PIS

He should be 6-C at most since he was shown to be somewhat comparable to Amethyst

Why would the Holo-Pearl be considered PIS? IIRC, the only other it had feat was effortlessly cutting down a tree with a balloon sword.

Edit: The, not he.

"Supposed to be a normal human" ultimately means nothing in fiction. Characters like Batman or Captain America are just supposed to be really strong humans, for instance.

For what its worth, in the comics, Connie hurt a Gem Monster that destroyed a house and a chunk of a school (albeit, over time), so she's defiantly not just an average human.

Wow, I didn't expect this many messagers already, I should thank you. I don't want to feel like I'm forcing any changes to the articles. Just thought I'd bring up some combat feats or lack there of instead of the more abstract guessing how strong characters are from getting hit by a fast spaceship in a cartoon

It was mentioned in "Fusion Cuisine" that their Gems grant all the energy that their bodies need

To be fair, in Amethyst's fights against Steven and Jasper, she was still able to percieve pain, and was also mentaly drained. So maybe that contributed to her exhaustion.

I mean, the Gems don't need rest, but in one episode they were so focused on a task, and had been trying to complete it that they needed a break. Kinda like work. If you're too focused on something, and take a long time on it, then you're going to get exhausted, despite not actually using up any energy.

I agree that listing limitless stamina for the gems seems very exaggerated, if they have been shown to get tired. It should probably be adjusted to "High", or something similar, instead.

After constantly destroying Peridot's pods.

Garnet: "We can't keep on doing this forever. Well, we can, but I don't want to."

Hmm. So there are contradictions in the portrayal then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back