• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Upgrades...?

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
So... is there any reason the Gems from Steven Universe can't be High 6-A?

Considering even a Training Robot from Rose's armory could destroy one of Steven's bubbles (which are already High 6-A for enduring the collapse of Lapis' Ocean Tower with no damage), can't The Gems be High 6-A via powerscalling from this Robot? As even BoS Steven and Connie could block attacks from this Robot and destroy it using Rose's sword, and The Gems are obviously far above both of them

Because it contraddicts the other feats done in the series, as it is more suitable for the Fusions, which are close to the Diamonds.

It would be good if you ask WeeklyBattles, The real cal howard, OishiLover75, and Darkanine to comment here.

If I recall, Topaz popped Stevens bubble too and Japser destroyed his shield before. The latter was rejected because 'it be a huge outlier because almost all of the Gem feats are like Town level'.

I'm okay with the upgrade but would like more opinions. It be a rather huge update.

Topaz and Jasper popped Steven's bubble, Bismuth broke through his shield, after considerable effort Amethyst popped a Gem monster that took a beating from Jasper, Pearl took a beating from Sugilite, the Gems were able to put up somewhat of a fight against Orange Light but couldnt beat it individually so they had to fuse into Alexandrite to win...

Well, the low to high end ratio of High 6-A is 6674x, so, the fusions could be way above the normal gems and still be High 6-A, so, it would be consistent.

I have no opinions on this, but keep in mind that Steven's shield tanking that HIgh 6-A force could also be the outlier, not just the act of popping the shield.

This just reeks of a Magolor scenario of trying to disprove an outlier by making more people scale to it instead of having more feats.

I don't know the feat exactly, but would his shield really tank the full force of an entire ocean explosion/collapse? It seems like the AoE of such an attack would make his shield only take a lesser amount of force, a la inverse square law.

Something has to contradict it being an outlier other then just saying it's an outlier.

Other characters, who scale to a very casual High 6-C feat, breaking it doesn't necessarily contradict it.

@Paulo

I do not know. That remains to be discussed.

@Paulo No idea. I'm just bringing it up. If Town level was considered consistent I'm not sure if High 6-A will fare that well.

I know, but it doesn't change much. High 6-A is still vastly above both 6-C and 7-C. Why would it be less of an outlier now, when they have even more non-High 6-A feats?

@Weekly

Really? The entire tower? It looks like the water went everywhere in the clip. Also it would take an absolutely obscene amount of time for a couple meter sized pillar of water to fall exclusively on a couple meter shield. I'm not an SU expert by any means, but I have my doubts about using the full value of the ocean collapse.

@Assault Unless you think that, at ground zero of the tower collapsing, the shield was only hit with a absolutely minute fraction of the entire ocean, it tanked if not all of it then most of the ocean falling on it

I think that Assaltwaffle seems to make sense.

Honestly that tower is falling at way more than terminal velocity. I wonder if the KE of the volume of the tower (with the known height and width/length of the bubble shield) can be calced at a similar result. Sorry if that was what is done, I haven't looked at this calc in a while.

Oh, it's a NF calc. We should probably redo that on here or port it over from one of our members that can view it. I would love to see it.

The Tower wasn't falling apart in the form of waves of water which got scattered to everywhere or something like that, it was undoing itself as several blocks of water which fell all at the same time, in the same area, aside from some smaller blocks

Okay, but was Steven's small shield really hit with the entire force of it?

I mean surface area is a thing so would something so much smaller then it tank the full force of it?

It was at the epicenter of it, which we usually count as taking the full blunt of the hit. Or at least, the majority of it.

Back