• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven universe future new abilities and powers

Nickobloke said:
its ok, we sorted it out, where good
Thanks dude :) I appreciate you being so forgiving.

Now if only we can figure out those calcs as to whether the Corruption Beam was as bright as a lightbulb, as bright as the Sun, or somewhere in-between, lmaoooo right? 😂😂😂

Nickobloke said:
its fine, no problem, and yeah at this point im happy with either 5-C or high 5-A
Yeah let's see what the Calc Group members end up saying based on looking at the calcs in the context of the info I provided for them! For all we know, they may end up telling us the calcs were improperly done (I don't see how but they are the experts on calcs, I'm not an expert) anyway, and then we would be back to square one and need to ask them if they could calc the feat for us themselves, haha 😂

One guy was asking why we are calcing the feat when it was a hax-feat to corrupt gems. I pointed out that the hax is irrelevant because the hax was clearly **somehow carried by actual visible-light** which was visible from far away in space like a star, and which lit up the entire planet Earth. I mean here on VsB we are into PHYSICS, and the physics there is that if there is visible light, that light has energy which can be calced, and any hax the light carries are irrelevant. It surprised me I had to explain that **but** then I realized I can see why the guy would have such a question, as in the end it was a hax-feat indeed and the light released seemed to just be a medium for or side-effect of the hax, which is certainly fascinating to think about and I can totally see why even an intelligent person may be confused about it until giving it deeper thought :)

I'm gonna be going to bed, but obviously I'm pretty invested in the S.U. revisions at this point so I will pop back in tomorrow on all these threads and the blog-post once I'm free!

Besides what'd be Yellow's and White's new powers? Yellow alters the forms of others permanently and is not limited to size, while White can do... reverse possession?

so do we just need to decide what tier to go for, also say we choose high 5-A, what would be the distribution, would all three diamonds be just High 5-A? or 5-C

Nickobloke said:
so do we just need to decide what tier to go for, also say we choose high 5-A, what would be the distribution, would all three diamonds be just High 5-A? or 5-C
This is gonna be another big wall of text but that's because I want to give a completely detailed answer as to what the tierings would be (for everyone) depending on the calc:

White is more powerful than Blue/Yellow so she may have contributed a majority of the energy. If we go High 5-A, White and Monster (& maybe Pink) Steven will get High 5-A while Blue/Yellow should get 5-A+ (At Least 5-A, Likely Higher) since the feat seemed casual for all three and those two aren't hundreds of millions of times weaker than White (which is the level of difference between 5-C and 5-A). Meanwhile we will upgrade Lapis, she will (for the reason I just mentioned) HAVE to get a 5-A rating or even 5-A+ (we would have to debate which) since she was able to slightly move Blue with her attacks, and she seems to have gotten stronger by Future and was able to restrain Monster Steve for a bit. For the same reason the Partially-Formed Cluster would need to be 5-A (seems silly I know since fully-formed it's 5-A, but scaling is scaling, and also 5-A has a range with the high-end being 6000 times the low-end, so this could make sense, and maybe we could justify the Fully Formed Cluster being 5-A+). By extension, anyone above Lapis (Malachite, Alexandrite, etc) would be 5-A+, "Possibly Higher" instead of the "Likely Higher"' of Blue/Yellow, although maybe we could give Obsidian "Likely Higher" since Obsidian is absolute beast-mode (far stronger than Alexandrite) and was able to slice up the Diamond Ship like it was a tomato which would put her **way** above the Partial Cluster as well. Which makes me think (irrelevant but just a cool thought): What if the CG's formed Obsidian again but they turned Pink thanks to Steven's new powers? **My god they would probably be Low 4-C or something** with the High 5-A calc or Low 5-B with the 5-C calc, lmao daaaamn boooiiii.

Here's an issue with the 5-C calc if we accept it: WE WILL STILL HAVE TO RE-DO AN ASPECT OF THE CALC IN THAT CASE! Even if we accept the lowball for the brightness as being lightbulb-level (lulz), the 5-C calc DEFINITELY did the cross-sectional area of the beam wrong since it assumed a cylinder. However, the surface-area in both calcs was still very similar, so that won't change much. If we go with that calc we will still have to re-do it slightly though. Then, for the same reasons as above with High 5-A, we would give White and Monster Steven (and possibly Pink Steven) a rating of 5-C+ (Possibly Higher for White and Pink Steven, Likely Higher for Monster Steven), since the feat was clearly casual for the Diamonds and gives a result at the extreme high-end of 5-C, while Blue/Yellow would be At Least 5-C (no mention of "possibly" or "likely" though and a note in their profile that they are weaker than White), Lapis and Partial Cluster would be 5-C, and those above Lapis (Malachite, Alexandrite, etc.) would be 5-C+ ("Possibly" Higher), while we may be able to justfify 5-C+ ("Likely" Higher) for Obsidian.

Once we have had the calc-group members take a look at this, they should be able to give their input, and if we end up accepting the "5-C" calc "to be safe," we will have to slightly alter it by multiplying the result by the ratio of the surface-area in the High 5-A calc to the surface-area in the 5-C calc.

Sorry for the giant wall of text again lol, I just wanted to go into as much detail as possible as to how we will tier the characters depending on the calc we use! I am also posting this over in the main CRT so that everyone can see logical reasoning as to what the new tiers will be for every character. I hope this is helpful!

fair enough, that all seems laid out well, I must admit, now this is just a particular thought, but I very much doubt white diamond by herself could bust a planet, I know that's the direction we are going but as you said, scaling is scaling.

Nickobloke said:
fair enough, that all seems laid out well, I must admit, now this is just a particular thought, but I very much doubt white diamond by herself could bust a planet, I know that's the direction we are going but as you said, scaling is scaling.
I mean if the beam was as bright as it seemed which was what was used in the second calc, then she is High 5-A whether it seems crazy to us or not, cuz that's what Rebecca showed us and she and Ian themselves make the storyboards for the big plot-elements like that. Lol.

Honestly I agree, White being High 5-A (or even 5-A) by herself does seem pretty insane, buuuut on the other hand the feat doesn't seem to lie, and as I've laid out there is a great deal of reasoning as to this being consistent with other stuff in the series and Word of God from Rebecca. We'll have to wait and see whether the Calc Group thinks that is enough context and consistency to accept a High 5-A result, or whether they think we should play it safe by assuming the beam was as dim as a light-bulb.

Personally if we go with the latter (5-C), I'm thinking we may want to re-do the first calc with a mid-end as well using a brightness level between that of a lightbulb and that of the Sun, since it did seem a lot brighter than a lightbulb, lol.

Big note: I also edited my above post because it turns out the cross-sectional area is almost the same in the two calcs, so re-doing the cross-section in the 5-C calc will not by any means upgrade it to Low 5-B as I had naively thought.

I actually think the calc should be redone, not to take credit from the person who did the calc, but it just seems a bit too stretched to me, I mean you even suggested low 4-C for monster boi, hell to the no, but I do agree that the diamonds are tier 5, but maybe not top end tier 5.

Nickobloke said:
I actually think the calc should be redone, not to take credit from the person who did the calc, but it just seems a bit too stretched to me, I mean you even suggested low 4-C for monster boi, hell to the no, but I do agree that the diamonds are tier 5, but maybe not top end tier 5.
No no no I did NOT suggest Low 4-C for Monster Steven lol that's indeed crazy, what I was suggesting was just a bit of pure speculation about OBSIDIAN that we will definitely never get an answer to, if you go back and read that part you will see that I said basically: What if the CG's formed Obsidian again but **TURNED PINK** with Steven's new powers? With the High 5-A calc that would probably make Pink Obsidian Low 4-C (since Obsidian seemed to already be Diamond-tier in Change Your Mind and turning Pink would be a HUGE upgrade for a Fusion as we saw with Smoky Quartz, who btw should probably get a new key for their Pink form, hmmmm), while if we accept the 5-C calc, since it yielded a result at the high-end of 5-C that would **definitely** make Pink Obsidian (if they existed lol) Low 5-B or even 5-B, lol. It was just a bit of me fan-boying about how powerful Pink Obsidian would be if they actually existed, which they don't, thus why it's speculation lol.

Lol wut, Danny Phantom is 4-A (just went and looked)? Ummmmmmmm. . . . . .lol yeah that does seem PrEtTy FrEaKiNg WANKED, doesn't it? Lulz good lord.

Nickobloke said:
I rest my case
I mean I KIND OF get it with Danny Phantom. The series does indeed have characters who can destroy huge portions of the Ghost Zone and who have actual feats of creating entire star-systems with multiple stars. The issue is that the series was pretty inconsistent with its scaling (even moreso than S.U., I would place it on-par with Star Vs as to the level of scaling-inconsistency) so any feats by **Danny himself** where he matches or scales to the 4-A characters were probably just outliers completely due to plot-induced-stupidity (kinda like Star Vs like I said like when Marco could somehow physically knock down Meteora who herself could physically tank what seem to be Low 2-C level blasts but then there's the fact that the Low 2-C stuff in the series itself is inconsistent and **good god the scaling in Star Vs is inconsistent and wonky lmaoooo**) since he was the protagonist and had to win, lol.

S.U. does have a large amount of scaling-inconsistency and PIS, but I still wouldn't place it on the same level as Danny Phantom or Star Vs (like good god the fact the latter has some scaling at Low 2-C but other scaling at 8-C to 8-B is just insane) in that regard, lol. The most notable examples of PIS scaling in S.U. that come to mind are: The time when Amethyst got cracked from a wall-level impact on a boulder (lol), and the time when Sugilite got K.O.'d just by her weapon falling on her head via the force of gravity (an impact which really couldn't have been above building or city-block tier, lol). Then also of course pretty much **any fight in which Connie was able to directly physically contend with a Gem's strength rather than just bypassing their dura with her blade, lmaooooo.** Connie was honestly the biggest user of PIS in the series by a huge margin, lol. That's why people like to make jokes about making a "wanked Connie" profile where she is 7-A or higher, hahaha.

Nickobloke said:
yeah true, SU has wonky scaling but not the worst I've see
Have you ever seen ANYTHING with wonkier scaling than the stuff I mentioned from Star vs the Forces of Evil that jumps between 8-B and Low 2-C? If this is TL;DR then don't bother reading, but you may find it interesting if I explain in more detail just how insanely wonky the scaling is there:

The PIS in that series is just on a whole other level from anything I've seen. There is TONS of evidence in Star Vs that the highest levels of Magic scale to At Least Low 2-C (there are statements and feats of destroying entire dimensions and even a guy who IS an entire dimension), but then on the other hand the **physical** level of characters seems to range from 8-C to 8-B. BUT those same characters are sometimes able to physically contend with and tank the LOW 2-C MAGIC. For example, is Globgor 8-B, is he 7-A by sheer size-shifting, or is he in fact somehow At Least Low 2-C just with his purely physical abilities due to consistently being able to tank and stomp the Magic of characters like the Omnitraxus and Butterfly Form Star who have Low 2-C magic? The answer is apparently "who the F&CK knows dude, but just to be safe we are going to rate Globgor At Least Low 2-C cuz scaling." Then you have Marco staggering Meteora like I mentioned, and Meteora was able to **physically** tank non-held-back magic-blasts from Eclipsa who is more powerful than Butterfly Form Star who is Low 2-C. But there's no way Marco can be above 8-B. . . .right. . . .RIGHT?

If you go to Star Butterfly's profile, you will notice it is outdated, she never got upgraded to At Least Low 2-C from Low 2-C even though by the end of the series her Butterfly Form scales to all the characters who are At Least Low 2-C. She is the **main protagonist** and her profile is that outdated. The reason? Because people on here basically gave up on trying to figure out the scaling for that entire verse due to how insanely wonky and full of PIS it is, no one can make heads or tails of it so they gave up.

Nickobloke said:
yeah I've seen it, SVTFOE, is MUCH worse
Yeah I'm a huge geek who has watched and read a shit-ton of fiction, but never in my life have I seen anything with as much PIS-induced wonky scaling as Star Vs, except of course when looking at the entire body of work of Marvel and DC Comics (I just realized I forgot about those, NOTHING beats the level of scaling-inconsistent PIS in Marvel and DC, lol).

The scaling in Post-Crisis DC is so insanely wonky that Death Battles was able to argue for Infinite Unlimited Superman and people online were like "yeah that seems legit," lol.

Nickobloke said:
8-A wolverine with 4-B claws lol, I remember that.
"BuT aDaMaNtIuM bYpAsSeS dUrAbiLiTy GuYs!"

Too bad that literally makes no sense. The only reason why Connie's sword gets dura-negation is because it is specifically against Gems, ya know? In Wolverine's case though. . . .literally all that Adamantium is, is a metal with 4-B Durability, there is literally no reason or explanation for it having dura-bypassing **so without him having the necessary 4-B levels of power, he shouldn't be able to stab the freaking Hulk, Thor, or Thanos!** Ugh, whatever. Lol.

Nickobloke said:
yep that one was a big one
Well I mean the reason there are issues with scaling in DC and Marvel is because tons of different people write and draw the various series. Some of the writers are idiots with no concept whatsoever of things like scaling, while others are freaking geniuses with it. The smart Superman writers, for example, are the ones who give him actual limits and write him as being Solar-System Tier. The stupid ones are the ones who either severely lowball him and have him at the level of like, nuclear bombs (lol yeah right, I like my Post-Crisis Supes to be able to tank nukes like a human could tank a collision with a single molecule), or the ones who ridiculously wank him and make him "unlimited" (thus how we ended up with that Goku vs Superman Round 2 Rematch on DeathBattles, no further comment though since we aren't allowed to actively criticize or diss other Vs-Sites on here, lol).

So I been rewatching ep of Steven and I found something about the gems that know one talks about and it's that garnet peal and amethyst was bending reality in the temple to give steven a test. This is in the the episode the test. was this added in their profile

Freddy Thomas said:
So I been rewatching ep of Steven and I found something about the gems that know one talks about and it's that garnet peal and amethyst was bending reality in the temple to give steven a test. This is in the the episode the test. was this added in their profile
That is an ability specific to the rooms of the temple which have **technology** that warps reality in response to the users' thoughts. The Gems themselves are not reality-warpers.

Think of Rose's Room, for example. Steven isn't a reality-warper but can warp reality inside that room because it is specifically designed to have a reality which responds to the thoughts of the bearer of Rose/Pink's Gem.

Freddy Thomas said:
Goobyfresh thanks for the info
Well turns out even what I said is SLIGHTLY inaccurate. The proper answer is what Weekly wrote in the post directly above this: All Gems have a pocket-reality inside their gemstone as we saw in when Steven enters Pearl's Pearl, and have the ability to manipulate that pocket-reality inside their gem. The Temple Rooms appear to be built with technology which extends In-Gem Pocket-Realities externally, creating an external pocket-reality which they can then manipulate.

Sardonyx's use of it was especially impressive what with how she had an "audience" in there for her "show" and everything, lol. I have to wonder what Alexandrite's Room would be like if she formed to make it appear. And how about OBSIDIAN. . . .hoo-boy-howdy, what would THEIR room be like? Probably TOTALLY BADASS AND FULL OF MOLTEN LAVA, if I had to guess, lol.

Which reminds me of a thought that I just haven't been able to get out of my head now: We know from Smoky that Fusions containing Steven as a component are able to enter Pink State with the same stats-boosts that he gets in that state. So I can't stop thinking, **WHAT IF OBSIDIAN TURNED PINK!?!?!?!** Holy craaaaap, it seems to me like even with the "vagueness" of the upscaling, that Pink Obsidian, IF THEY EXISTED, is the ONE character who we could justifiably scale at Tier 5 and have it meet site standards. I mean Alexandrite alone is already At Least High 6-A, and Pink State Steven is At Least High 6-A Likely FAR HIGHER, so honestly, Pink Obsidian would basically HAVE to be At Least 5-C. Lol.

Back