• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consdering she did that while in a weakened state, I wouldn't be opposed to "At least High 6-A, likely 5-C" for Malachite, Alexandrite and the diamonds.

Do any of you have any thoughts on what to rename the Jasper page? There's another Jasper named Skinny. I don't think Jasper will become a Crystal Gem.

I don't really think that's needed, unless the skinny Jasper becomes a major character.

Haven't watched it yet either, for personal reasons.

By the way, anyone else hyped for Save the Light?

Just to note: Steven Bomb 6 is out early. I saw all the episodes. So I my be saying spoilers:

Topaz not fused is strong enough to fight either Steven or Connie.

Topaz fused (two Topazes together) is strong enough to take on Crystal Gems with ease (at least easily defeating Garnet and Amethyst).

Aquamarine is kind of tricky for stats. She has an energy beam that can freeze anyone and is strong enough to freeze Steven, Connie, Alexandrite, Sadie, Jamie, and Onion.

WeeklyBattles said:
...Who are Topaz and Aquamarine???
"Just to note: Steven Bomb 6 is out early. I saw all the episodes. So I my be saying spoilers:"

It's pretty selfexplanatory

OishiLover75 said:
@Weekly, they're Gems sent to abduct humans. Topaz not fused could be as strong as Jasper.
If we are spoiling everything, I would really disagree about Topaz. CGs couldn't beat her because they couldn't even attack her. Garnet because of human hostages, Pearl because of Aqua. Amethyst could probably beat one of them, but not two fused

Actually, should hostages be a weakness. It's possible for hostages to limit a fighter's chance since they have to find a way to not harm them.

So...Topaz has an interesting method of Absorption via fusion

Aquamarine can throw stuff into orbit and freeze something as powerful as Alexandrite with her tractor beam

And the cliffhanger killed me i am dead now

Probably Unknown for right now, same as Holly Blue, we can probably give them approximate Lifting Strength and Speed ratings but thats about it

Hard to say, a Topaz isnt a type of Quartz so its not 100% certain that a Topaz would be innately comparable to a Quartz like Jasper

The nickname was just a one-time thing, but i could see Rose Quartz as a potential alias

Ok, but we can all agree Aquamarine is Unknown, High 6-A with Wand for restraining Alexandrite easily

Topaz was able to catch Garnet off guard aswell, even though it had human hostages

I think it's safe to put Topaz "at least 6-C, likely high 6-C" for not only being able to catch Garnet off-guard, but being able to fight off both Steven and Connie pretty easily.

Gojira1234 said:
I think it's safe to put Topaz "at least 6-C, likely high 6-C" for not only being able to catch Garnet off-guard, but being able to fight off both Steven and Connie pretty easily.
Being able to catch garnet off guard means she is just as fast Garnet if not a little faster, it has nothing to do with AP what's so ever.

I have not watched the new episodes but if I'm under the assumption she fought Steven and Connie and not Stevonnie than that still wouldn't be enough to scale her to likely high 6-C, it would just make her at least 6-C.

Wasn't Topaz said to be an elite though? Like personal soldiers of Yellow Diamond. I think they should scale to Garnet.

Darkanine said:
Wasn't Topaz said to be an elite though? Like personal soldiers of Yellow Diamond. I think they should scale to Garnet.
I do not think we should scale characters because of rank in show, other wise we get moon level manaphy.

Edit: We should wait for further showing of topaz fighting garnet her self or something.

In a warlike alien race, when a soldiers rank is higher, it likely means they're stronger. If they were weaker then Garnet and didn't have any real powers, she wouldn't have been much a threat.

Darkanine said:
In a warlike alien race, when a soldiers rank is higher, it likely means they're stronger. If they were weaker then Garnet and didn't have any real powers, she wouldn't have been much a threat.
Lapis is stronger than garnet due to her ability to manipulate water in a planetary scale yet she is physically weaker than garnet. We can't know for sure if she scales to garnet just cause she's a higher ranked gem. For all we know she couldhave some special ability that puts her above garnet or is more skilled than garnet at fighting thus could overpower her with that.

Topaz was not only fast enough to catch Garnet off guard, but she was strong enough to take Garnet out of the fight for a bit. She scales.

With all due respect, it sounds like you're grasping at straws as to why she wouldn't scale. I agree with Gojira on this.

Darkanine said:
With all due respect, it sounds like you're grasping at straws as to why she wouldn't scale. I agree with Gojira on this.
No all I'm trying to do is make sure she isn't incorrectly scaled to garnet for the wrong reasons. Launching garnet out of the battlefield for the part warrants a "likely" "High 6-C" rating, however I'm not gunna accept topaz scaling to garnet regardless if she's a higher rank. A warrior race doesn't qualify for that scaling either, Goku was born a low class warrior with a low power level and was able to defeat vegeta was born a prince with (I guess) a normal or high power level. Yet we see Goku over powering vegeta regardless of rank.

Also gem ranks aren't based on strength, their based on gem type which most of the time correlates with their level of strength, but each and every one of them has different abilites for their strengths and it's usually not physical strength that makes hem superior to one another, a sapphire is a higher rank than a ruby for being able to see the future, yet Ruby's for the most part are shown to be equal or physically stronger than sapphires as they are foot solider.

Edit: it's very much possible for topaz to be rank wise superior to garnet but garnet to be physically stronger than her(maybe topazes have a special ability that puts them above the likes of G Garnet, who knows unless we wait and see.). However since gojira brought up the fact she was able to launch garnet away from battle I guess scaling her to likely high 6-C is alright. I haven't seen the episode so I can't say for sure. I myself personally believe or at least can see topaz being stronger or as strong as garnet but I can't go by feeling and can only go by what is shown to me ATM

Noah fence but don't you think you should've watched the episode before challenging/calling into question other people's reasoning?

Gojira1234 said:
Noah fence but don't you think you should've watched the episode before challenging/calling into question other people's reasoning?
I will watch the episode on a later time, and no you or more specifically I don't need to watch the show to know when scaling or info provided is incorrectly being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back