• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Peri episode was hilarious. A bit of a toneshift but it was a nice change of pace from the last few somber episodes.

Yup, plus the whole bit about her not existing if you dont buy SU merch and the Property of Cartoon Network when they showed the Opal video.

I think that might be her character itself, she sorta treats everything as a performance or a show, just look at her talking to the audience(their is none). Although, their is maybe a chance of 4th wall awareness. I doubt it though, it's just her character as she is treating everything around her like an actual host with a crew and eudeinece and everything.

So guys, i kind of found several more SU calcs made as of the episodes of the SU Summer Bomb event.

The ones in particular i saw where of Peridot's durability "feats" in the Gem hunting episode involving that blue color like corrupted Gem. The results of her getting in stuff like having a boulder crashed on her got like about Room level dura. Pretty neat and seems pretty reasonable. But i presume y'all would think it that it would be of around that level even w/o them, yeah?

So, Sard seems to have some degree of Matter/Spatial/Something manipulation, but not applicable in combat.

@Cal if you still need it, I think Kiss has it.

http://***********.me/Cartoon/Steven-Universe-Season-4

On Sardonyx's abilities page on the SU wiki, they consider her having 4th wall awareness and "Temple Manipulation", which is basically what y'all were talking about of her being able to manipulate stuff only in her room.

I loved all the little callbacks in the episode like "its just you and me now" and "I guess you're strong in a different way". Great episode.

That was pretty cool to see them again on the new episode, yeah.

Also, does anybody want to say what i put earlier about there being calcs for Peridot's dura based on that one recent episode with the corrupted gem? Personally, i think that there's something to go by for that even if we don't use them (they got resulted in Room level, btw).

Yep and I loved every minute of it. It did feel a little out of place but it was too hilarious of an episode to bother me.

The real cal howard said:
Speaking of that Peri episode, everyone realize how that was a big reference to Roadrunner and Wil E. Coyote?
Now that you mention it, yeah it did seem like a reference to that. Good times when i was watching it. :)

So did anyone else notice that in "Know Your Fusion", the Sugilite strength test went Pearl, Stevonnie, Garnet, Opal, and then Sugilite in an ascending order? Smoky maxed out at hitting around Garnet level, which would imply Smoky is relatively = Garnet in raw power. However, the scale itself also seemed to imply Opal > Garnet, which I didn't expect, actually.

I also noticed that. Smoky being = Garnet, if maybe a bit stronger seems pretty consistent with her current feats.

I guess Opal > Garnet makes sense, since Pearl and Amethyst can't be that dramatically weaker than Garnet, so combining they logically surpass her.

Another thing I want to bring up, you think we should bump Rose's Sword to Possibly High 6-A?

It was used to shatter Pink Diamond, I believe that was when Eyeball (or any of the other Rubies) talked about how Rose shattered her.

Not too seriously, but it doesn't actually contradict anything. It pretty much verifies what we already knew. I just didn't expect Opal to be above Garnet level, mainly because she has fewer showings, but it does make sense.

OishiLover75 said:
Can Gems be petrified?
"Petrification - Due to their physical forms being hard light projections, Gems would be completely immune to petrification in the traditional sense of converting organic matter to stone. However, some methods, such as magic, reality warping, and matter manipulation that can directly affect their gemstone would likely still work on them."

Takened from WeeklyBattles blog about the Gems.

So what does it mean for Stephen's stats being able to forcibly move through the full G-forces of FTL Spaceship Travel in Episode 11 of the 4th Season?

I don't think it does anything for his Speed but being able to Tank it and Move in it is incredible

Man, this Necro bump tho. xD

I also saw the preview episodes and i like it. :)

Also Azzy, there's a recalc of the Ocean Tower feat of Lapis that was done at NF that got to like 20 Exatons. Just some more short of 5-C SU. xD

And yeah, this does further support High 6-A Lapis ye~

^ Did it get changed at all? Can we apply it? It would be a nice lil upgrade of High 6-A to High 6-A+

It has not. TTGL has yet to respond to Mike's comment regarding his use of the escape velocity thing whatever.

It's still the same value from the looks of it.

Should we make a seperate thread regarding about it? Cause TTGL did something regarding the bit i said of it and that's why it's higher on High 6-A.

Also, i gotta get back to getting into SU.....but oh, other series to check out tho...

Well, in the newest episode 'That Will Be All' (This may be a spoiler so read the rest at your own risk),

YD mentions in her song, that a Lapis Lazuli's use is to Terraform

To Terraform means that something, mainly a planet which would also make sense for colony building in Homeworld, is transformed completely in order to sustain life, in this case, gem life

Could this possibly support the idea of 5-C Lazuli if her type of gem is capable of terraforming planets

Of course, this idea would have to be explored more in order to get a clear understanding, but its worth a mention

As been told by Weekly like two times already at least. ^^;

Assuming this calc linked above that i provided y'all went were to pass, a possibly/likely 5-C Lapis isn't out of the question...for the most part. Cause we're all aware that Lapis did this feat way back at....Season 2(?) with just a broken gem and was effortless about it still. Considering the closeness of it, there's possibly no doubt that she could be 5-C at full power and with a full gem.

But still, we'd need a separate thread to talk about this as well as having the calc team to look into the calc to see if it's alright to use.

@Cross it was the season 1 finale, but yeah if it gets evaluated it could definitely be potentially 5-C Lapis and top tiers, considering her first feat was casual, in a weakened state with a broken gem, and her second feat was when she was mentally unstable due to being fused into Malachite and having her powers resisted by Jasper.

Yup, indeed. If there's little to no problems with that, i can see Lapis as a potential 5-C given that. And of anyone that's stronger than her by a considerable(right word to say?) to also being likely 5-C or just solid 5-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back