• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, so we need better reasons why Pink coat Steven is High 6-A, cause him scaring White diamond wasn't because of his power, but because he was controlling White, and Tried to Shatter her

I guess he could be High 6-A for destroying The Ground in Yellow's Room when she made him a bit bigger or cause he calls his new Power Diamond Powers

Adem Warlock69 said:
Ok, so we need better reasons why Pink coat Steven is High 6-A, cause him scaring White diamond wasn't because of his power, but because he was controlling White, and Tried to Shatter her
I guess he could be High 6-A for destroying The Ground in Yellow's Room when she made him a bit bigger or cause he calls his new Power Diamond Powers
Warning: One of my walls of text, THE BIGGEST ONE YET. But there are good reasons. First I address (fully and in-detail) the issue of Pink Steven's tiering and the reasoning for it, secondly I address the issue of **the calcs we have been talking about having faulty assumptions and needing to be re-done**. Although this post will be super-long, I encourage everyone to read it in its entirety as this is very, very important for our content-revisions. Okay, so first about Pink Steven:

The logical reasoning is that Monster Steven wasn't so powerful because he was a Monster, he wasn't even truly "corrupted" regardless of being called that.' **It was just Steven shapeshifting with his pink-form.** Remember, the form Steven takes is dependent on self-perception, as we learned in So Many Birthdays and saw again in Fragmented. He' wasn't actually "corrupted," he was shapeshifting subconsciously due to perceiving himself as a "monster."

SU Moon Level 1-1
Obviously near the moon and between the Earth and the Moo

What does this mean for us? It means that the power of his "corrupted" form is actually just **the true full-power/potential of his Pink Form when size-shifting** (we saw he can shift to huge sizes in his Pink Form while staying human-shaped).

Thus the power of his Pink Form varies widely depending on the size he takes and his emotions at the time (it seems the power of Pink's Gem is dependent on emotions). The point is that Pink Steven's true full power when emotional and size-shifting as big as he can get, is what we saw from Monster Steven, and Monster Steven could stomp the other three Diamonds, so if he used his Pink Form while staying human-shaped but got just as passionately emotional (just with thoughts other than "I'm a Monster ugh") and grew to a size bigger than White Diamond, he would indeed be able to contend with or stomp WD without becoming a "corrupted."'' All of this is supported by what we know and have seen about how Steven's powers work. Depending on his emotions, self-perception, and size-shifting, his Pink Form is able to range in power from being able to stomp Jasper who is 7-A+, to being able to contend with or stomp White.

Based on this, I would say that "Pink Form" gets the following tier: "VARIES, At Least High 7-A up to [Whatever tier we end up giving White Diamond based on the calcs], dependent on his emotions and size-shifting." The tiering we give him will be similar to Raven (Post-Flashpoint) (this kind of thing has precedent on the site) but with a low-end instead of just a high-end like she has. The "At Least High 7-A" comes from the fact that he STOMPED Jasper (7-A+) when he used his "true power" while human-sized.

Okay, now for the NEXT BIG ISSUE WE NEED TO ADDRESS, and this one is STAGGERINGLY important: We need to disregard and redo the calcs that we've been discussing! The calcs had a very faulty assumption. They assumed the beam was launched **all the way from Homeworld!** The people doing the calcs seem to have based this on the statement that White hasn't left Homeworld in "eons." But it was never specifically stated that she NEVER left Homeworld *since Pink was "shattered,"* simply that it has been a long time. Clearly she left Homeworld ONCE during that time, to join Blue and Yellow in the attack on Earth. I have attached a relevant image. It's apparent that the beam was actually launched **from a location near the Moon and between the Moon and the Earth.** Therefore, we need to redo the calc while assuming the beam-length as something like 90% of Earth-to-Moon distance. We may end up getting a very unimpressive result because of this that won't change the verse-tiering at all, lol.

Here is what I propose: We should re-do the SECOND calc, as that one calculated the brightness correctly from the atmospheric effects! From what we saw, the beam stayed (thanks to Gem "magic") the same width along the whole length of its travel, so **the brightness estimation in the second calc (the High 5-A one) should be fine to go with.** If we decide to do this, modifying the calculation will be extremely easy: We just take the result of the High 5-A calc, and **multiply the part of the full-surface-area not including the frontal area (i.e. the part with the surface-area of the sides) by the ratio [(90% of Earth-to-Moon Distance) ├À (Distance to Homeworld that was assumed in the calc)]**. That's all we need to do, then we can get an accurate calc. **How does this sound to everyone,** especially those like Nickobloke who have (validly) questioned us getting a High 5-A result??? If people like this idea, I can do the following: I can completely overhaul my blog-post to include only the second calc's images, while in the text of the post making the adjustment for the surface-area. I will remove my original post on the Calc Eval thread (about to do so now), and make a new one for the new Blog Post.

Does anyone disagree with my "90% of Earth-Moon Distance" assumption, or anything else I said about how to re-do the calc? FYI in terms of what I said about how to re-do the side surface-area, for anyone a bit confused by the math, I may not be a Calc Group member but I do happen to have a Masters in Math from UConn, so for whatever that's worth, you can "trust" me on this ;) Lol.

I think you are right in the dismissal of the assumption that the blast came from homeworld, I know neither side of the argument are 100%, but there is more suggestive evidence to the possibility it came from close proximity to the earth, the image of the diamonds hands, points down and in space etc.

The main argument against it as you said is white not leaving homeworld in eons, well, looking up the definition of eon, one of the first results is "an indefinite and very long period of time", and I think 6000 years fits that.

Omg we've been over this. 6000 is nothing to a Diamond. And the blast comes from beyond the Moon.

But whatever. Guess Steven stays at High 6-A because 5-C hasn't any other piece of evidence in it's favor beyond Steven being overwhelmingly more powerful than a partially formed Cluster + the Diamonds and Alexandrite.

Pretty sure there are multiple things supporting the 6000 years being nothing (Such as multiple gems such as Pearl being well over ten thousand years old, and Pink Pearl referring to 8000 years passing as if it were a short timeframe)

well we could just recalc, as the diamond blast was never a factor when finding their tier, we just scaled them off lapis, as the quotes of them being far stronger then any gem, and really there is no solid evidence that suggests it did come from beyond the moon, show me one piece of definitive evidence that it does.

Soupywolf5 said:
Pretty sure the Diamond beam was already calc'd with the distance being at the moo, (Although it only assumed sun brightness) and only got Low 6-B results
That calc is also wrong because it got the brightness wrong. We should use the brightness from the "High 5-A" calc, as it **calculated the brightness based on the atmospheric effects of the beam,** and got a brightness above that of the Sun. From the looks of it, we will likely still get an unimpressive result that won't change the verse-tiering at all, but I feel we should still at least try it. If I re-do the calc and get anything above High 6-A, we can ask the Calc Group to evaluate it as Priority 1, while if I get anything below that, I will still ask them to evaluate it, but I will list it as Priority 3.5 or 4.

Here's a thought I had: The Diamonds very well probably ARE planet-busters but we won't be able to prove it from the looks of things. Why do I think so? Because of something we never considered before: Yellow Diamond tried to awaken the Cluster and let it form as a Tier 5-A entity **with her and Blue right on top of it.** Yellow was confident that she (not her ship as we saw that their ships are less durable than the Diamonds themselves and also below the Partially-Formed Cluster) and her sister would be able to tank the awakening of a 5-A entity without taking any damage, she was unafraid of said entity growing to large-planet sized at a relativistic+ speed (judging by the verse's speed-tiering) with her right in its path. Interesting, right? Too bad it probably isn't the kind of reasoning we can use on this site. Although it DOES go along with the Word of God statement and in-show implications that the Diamonds are "overwhelmingly more powerful than any other Gem" and that The Cluster is an "other Gem," hmmmm, veeery interesting. Also this means YD was such a crazy bitch about wanting to destroy Earth at the time that she was willing to let her and Blue's ships get destroyed so she and Blue would end up floating in space and need to get picked up by another ship from Homeworld, LOL.

Anyway back to what we can actually work with (unless anyone thinks that last argument can actually be used???): Should I re-do the High 5-A calc with the same brightness-level but correct distance? And if so, does 90% of the distance from the Earth to the Moon sound good?

yeah pretty much, whats wrong with that?, if that's what they are then I guess that's what they are, I know the cluster is 5-A, but if the diamonds where stronger or actual planet busters, why would they even need the cluster to destroy earth to begin with.

Nickobloke said:
If the diamonds where stronger or actual planet busters, why would they even need the cluster to destroy earth to begin with.
Probably because they feel it is "beneath them" to bother destroying a planet of "lower life-forms and lesser Gems" themselves, a mindset which would be very much in-character for them at the time, lol.

The fact remains that YD and BD's ships definitely wouldn't have been able to tank the Fully Formed Cluster, so YD and BD were clearly confident they could tank it themselves. Also that YD was such a crazy one-track-minded bitch about wanting to destroy the Earth at the time that she was willing to let her and Blue's ships (and all the other Gems on board) get destroyed so she and Blue would end up floating in space and need to get another ship sent from Homeworld to pick them up, LMAO! And again, this is all very consistent with Word of God and in-show implications. Unfortunately it PROBABLY isn't the kind of reasoning we can use on here to give them an "At Least 5-A" rating, although we would have to ask an actual Content Mod to be sure.

Okay I will re-do the second calc and overhaul the blog-post, I will let everyone know when I am done.

Probably because they feel it is "beneath them" to bother destroying a planet of "lower life-forms and lesser Gems" themselves, a mindset which would be very much in-character for them at the time, lol.

The fact remains that YD and BD's ships definitely wouldn't have been able to tank the Fully Formed Cluster, so YD and BD were clearly confident they could tank it themselves. Also that YD was such a crazy one-track-minded bitch about wanting to destroy the Earth at the time that she was willing to let her and Blue's ships (and all the other Gems on board) get destroyed so she and Blue would end up floating in space and need to get another ship sent from Homeworld to pick them up, LMAO! And again, this is all very consistent with Word of God and in-show implications. Unfortunately it PROBABLY isn't the kind of reasoning we can use on here to give them an "At Least 5-A" rating, although we would have to ask an actual Content Mod to be sure.

Okay I will re-do the second calc and overhaul the blog-post, I will let everyone know when I am done.

your right, while it does aline with their personalities, but is too Euclid of a reason to be the basis of this potentially big upgrade, I just think we should play it safe.

Also, if the diamonds could destroy earth, why didn't they just blow it up when pink was supposedly shattered, I mean the cluster didn't exist at that time because it hadn't developed.

Nickobloke said:
Also, if the diamonds could destroy earth, why didn't they just blow it up when pink was supposedly shattered, I mean the cluster didn't exist at that time because it hadn't developed.
Well again the answer could be "because it was 'beneath' them." They would likely see using anywhere near their actual full-power to destroy a planet full of low-life-forms and gems as being an insult to their pride, so they developed a geo-weapon to do it for them instead, after all delegating responsibility for things that are "beneath" them to lesser gems was basically always their modus-operandi until Steven CHANGED THEIR MINDS, lol. But like you said, that's too, well, semantic/philosophical a kind of reasoning to use on here, PROBABLY. . . .we could still ask a content-mod though, as the argument that Yellow/Blue were willing to be right there when the Cluster awakened certainly does seem valid and again to align with WoG? The reason I am still following this train of thought is, well, I'm about to make a double-post (I know I shouldn't but I wanna separate the two in this case) with a link to where I re-did the calc, and well, NOBODY IS GOING TO LIKE THE RESULT, lol. Before replying, stay tuned for my next post!

Okaaaay sorry for the double-post (people please read my last one too) but I wanted to separate the two posts for obvious reasons. I re-did the beam calculation with the new assumption of the distance being 90% of the way to the Moon, and well, NOBODY IS GOING TO LIKE IT (I just made a whole new blog-post so I could change the title):

Steven_Universe_Corruption_Beam_Calc_with_a_Very_Disappointing_Result

As you can see, it yielded a Tier 6-A result, not even as much as Lapis' ocean-tower! Thus, as I note in the blog, the ocean-tower still remains the biggest feat in the series, and we are going to have to keep using "At Least High 6-A" with "possibly" or "likely" and "higher" or "far higher" for literlaly everyone at Lapis' level or above. Of course this annoys the hell out of all of us since we all know that Lapis performed that feat super-duper-insanely casually while super-duper-insanely weakned, but **since we can't attach numbers to how weakened or casual she was** (even though it clearly WAS by a factor of thousands or more, enough to bring her to 5-C range normally), by this Wiki's standards we can't use such vague upscaling, so the verse remains High 6-A UGGGGGH f*ck my life guys ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡ Lmaoooo.

Literally the only way we can get Tier 5 for the verse now is one of the following three choices:

1. Somebody making a valid argument as to the beam coming from much further away, and it seeming to overlap with the moon was due to some kinda lens-flare effect for drama in the art by Rebecca (i.e. the edges of the "diamond-shape" are just glare from the beam which is actually like, the central part), but I don't see how anyone could PROVE that even if there is some good chance it may be true.

2. The whole "the Diamonds are above the Cluster because ALL GEMS and they were unafraid to tank its formation" arguments from above, which we would definitely have to ask WeeklyBattles about and he could give his input on, but I'm guessing he will say it is unacceptable by this site's standards.

3. We get a Steven Universe Past or Lars of the Stars prequel or sequel spinoff which either gives us a Tier 5 feat, or reveals something like Pink or White having been the one who cracked Homeworld.

Well. . . .sh*t. Lol ƒñÀÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñÀÔÇìÔÖé´©Å😂😂

Adem Warlock69 said:
Well, These images show it not coming from the Moon, I don't know if it changes anything tho
Same Old World Homeworld Flee
The Corrupting Light in "A Single Pale Rose".
Well NOW WHAT? This means we have NO IDEA how far away it came from, as from one perspective it appears to overlap the moon while from a perspective at a different point on Earth's surface it doesn't. And from this animated image it does seem the "points" of the diamond are indeed some kind of "glare" effect, meaning that yes, IT MAY WELL HAVE COME FROM MUCH FURTHER THAN THE MOON!

Soooo did it come from Homeworld or not? What does everyone think? It certainly seems out-of-character for White to have bothered coming all the way to Earth's solar-system to launch the attack if she didn't have to, considering she really didn't want to leave her Head at all and would have considered traveling all the way to Earth as "beneath" her.

Now I'm just confused. Should I even have bothered re-doing the calc? Is the assumption it came from Homeworld valid after all? Again, what does everyone think? What other viewpoints have we seen for the feat besides the one where it appears to overlap the moon but that may just be glare-effect, the one in the image in the quote here, and the time we saw the three Diamonds' hands?

We are now going to need to debate the ever-loving-f*ck out of this, lol.

We should get WeeklyBattles in here since this is a purely original-series feat so it doesn't matter if he hasn't seen Future, right? If people agree, should I message him on his wall and let him know he can avoid the Future spoilers and just take a look at this stuff for us? Maybe I can describe to him the issue so he can give his input as to whether he thinks the Beam came from Homeworld? Remember that he is both a Content Mod AND a Verse-Supporter, so he would be the perfect person to ask. Everyone's thoughts? As well as their OWN thoughts on where the beam actually came from? And anyone know if we have any perspectives of it other than the three I listed?

again, there really is absolutely no point where it is shown, stated, or even refenced to have came from homeworld, I know this is very annoying but we cant base this big upgrade off of assumptions on top of assumptions, just see what weekly thinks.

Tumblr inline p6e0c9J2lo1u45mta 1280
This image is more suggestive to the option of them not being on homeworld, their hands are pointing down as if close to the earth, ive looked on the SU wiki diamond attack page, its says the location was earth. (To specify no the diamonds didn't do the attack on earth rather close to its orbit)

and still, while it isn't completey out of the realm of possibility, it still is more suggestive to being closer to earth, you cant really definitively deny that.

Soupywolf5 said:
Put the Tiering as Possibly
Hm. . . .damn. . .ugh. THIS SUCKS.

We all want Tier 5 SO BADLY because we all KNOW that Lapis is at least 5-C. Like we literally know it. Everybody knows it. It's literally obvious. But without NUMBERS we can't PROVE it. Gahhhh this is driving me crazy lol.

So should I at least bother to contact Weekly? lol

FYI I have to make my dinner for a bit so I may not be replying so quickly anymore, also have some chores to do right now, lol. But if you guys reply I should contact Weekly about this, then whenever I am back here I can do so!

someone should probably go and edit Steven's page then, if this is the case, make his corrupted key likey far higher

Adem Warlock69 said:
Can't the Distance be calculated? we know the corruption light is FTL, and we know it took like 18 seconds to reach Earth?
We don't have a speed for it (The FTL speed calculated assumed a distance to get that speed)

Lmao called it being 6-A.

I just had a feeling.

And yeah, the beam definitely came from beyond the Moon and that was a stupid assumption from the start even more so than assuming Homeworld (the only other place we have atm for where the Diamond's could logically be).

Hm. . . .damn. . .ugh. THIS SUCKS.

We all want Tier 5 SO BADLY because we all KNOW that Lapis is at least 5-C. Like we literally know it. Everybody knows it. It's literally obvious. But without NUMBERS we can't PROVE it. Gahhhh this is driving me crazy lol.

I'd just like to clear this up, no Lapis is likely not Tier 5 at full strength. I need to remind everybody that her High 6-A feat is only 35 Petatons which is on the low end of High 6-A. The high end is 29 Exatons. An Exaton is 1,000 Petatons. So unless we wanna say she somehow gets more than 828x stronger for no reason then no she is not anywhere close to Tier 5.

Back