• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think we should get rid of Steven's Movie key and replace it with either a "Future" key or just a "Teenager" key as he doesn't actually get any new powers from the movie. The Life Manipulation is the only thing currently listed there, but he already did that in Familiar by bringing a rock to life.

CinnabarManx421 said:
I think we should get rid of Steven's Movie key and replace it with either a "Future" key or just a "Teenager" key as he doesn't actually get any new powers from the movie. The Life Manipulation is the only thing currently listed there, but he already did that in Familiar by bringing a rock to life.
Well, His Movie key is also getting a resistance to poison

Yeah but I feel like that could just go into a Teenager key then instead of giving him an extra key with only 1 thing in it. Basically combine his Movie and Future keys since he's not really much different.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Yeah but I feel like that could just go into a Teenager key then instead of giving him an extra key with only 1 thing in it. Basically combine his Movie and Future keys since he's not really much different.
Sorry to bother But could i get a link to that server

Goodyfresh said:
Mods, no need to read this as it doesn't contain new points, everyone else should read it:
Do people not get that if they don't go back and re-read what has already been covered in a CRT, or at least make an EFFORT (I realize that I myself sometimes forget some points from the OP or past posts, but I at least TRY MY BEST to keep track of everything and re-read when necessary), then they are honestly too lazy to be posting in CRT's and should just be sticking to the vs-debates? I see people come in here with posts, just to talk about points that we have already covered in detail or to make random little useless comments, which means they are just being redundant and creating more for the mods to sort through.

Soupywolf5, as the OP you have been good. But other people are causing this to go around in circles, which will make it so redundant that actual authority-figures on the site won't want to stay involved, which will mean that nothing will ever get finished just like in the Adventure Time CRT where it's over 1.5 years since the show ended and the edits still aren't done!

I already said this but we have pretty much made all the main points by now, what we need to do is wait for Weekly to approve stuff after Dargoo hopefully shows up to evaluate the calcs! People need to understand that **random nobodies like us have no flipping power here to actually evaluate things like calcs in an authoritative way**! We have authorities on this site for a reason, to keep no-names like us (yes including me, I'm not a Mod or Admin) from just making statements that everyone else jumps on the bandwagon for, to keep things here logical and accurate. We have already made all the main points here, now can people stop being redundant and be patient for the Mods, Admins, and Calc Group Members to do their jobs while we try not to overwhelm them anymore?

To new people posting: If you are too lazy to go back and **thoroughly** read the OP while ALSO going back to check what points have already been gone over in posts, then you are too lazy for a CRT and should just stick to the vs-debate threads! There, rant over. I don't care if people think I'm being mean, go whine to the Discussion Mods about me if you want. I don't expect anyone to actually listen to me besides the OP and a few other reasonable people, I expect most of you to go "TL;DR lol" and then keep posting stuff we have already gone over or stuff that doesn't contribute.

Edit: To people asking for server-links, please go to the person's message-wall for that, I am trying my darnedest to point out that we have already gone over all the main points and need to wait for Mods/Admins to evaluate them, this post needs to be visible and not get buried so that newbies won't keep coming in and making things go around in circles! Please, I'm begging you, please! I'm just having flashbacks to the Adventure Time CRT and want to avoid such a situation.
Listen to this guy. He gets it.

Adem Warlock69 said:
Should someone put said calc in a Blog then put it in the Calculation Evaluations Thread?
Edit: Yeah I will take care of it, hold on. I'm also leaving messages on a few people's walls who can help us because of a certain issue.

The issue I discovered is: The reason Weekly can't help us, he just told me, is that he hasn't had a chance to watch Future yet! Obviously that means that despite being a Content Mod he isn't really in a place to approve our edits, and also I feel kinda bad for even asking him to read this thread since it contains massive spoilers for someone who hasn't seen Future yet like him, lol yeeeesh.

So as I said, I am currently leaving messages on the walls of all the Verse-Supporters with flashy-colored names (LMAO) asking if they have seen Future yet, and if so, if they could hop over here to take a look at our edits and our arguments for them to let us know what seems okay to them!

I mean, tbf, they can evaluate the calc because it's not from Future. The only spoilers part would be the scaling being given to Monster/Corrupted Steven.

Foxthefox1000 said:
I mean, tbf, they can evaluate the calc because it's not from Future. The only spoilers part would be the scaling being given to Monster/Corrupted Steven.
Dude, Weekly is a Content Mod but not a Calc Group member, he can't evaluate calcs.

Adem Warlock69 said:
I'm making the calc blog
Okay thanks dude. Hopefully you won't run into the same technical issues that I did!

In the blog, along with just showing the calcs, can you give an explanation of how the first calc (the 5-C one) is actually less consistent with the series (given the Cluster being 5-A, and Rebecca knowing that and stating that the Diamonds are overwhelmingly more powerful than all other gems as Word of God), and how its low-end is probably way off due to assuming the brightness of a light-bulb (that beam was BLINDING, probably brighter than the Sun) and the shape of a cylinder? I know a lot of people here are skeptical of a High 5-A result but, it is actually more consistent with the series than the 5-C one, especially considering that the beam **definitely** wasn't anywhere close to as dim as a mere light-bulb, lol. For Calc Group members not familiar with this verse, they are going to need all that context in order to properly decide between the calcs, since at first glance the 5-C calc seems "better" since it has a high-end and low-end, but really the second calc actually seems more consistent with the shape and brightness of the beam and with the series itself, ya know?

Nickobloke said:
now that I think about it, high 5-A does feel more consistent, I mean word of god so....
Right? And yeah sorry again for being an ass in that other thread, dude.

Anyway back to the CRT: It's not even just about word-of-god. It's about how the first calc assumed the beam was a cylinder (it clearly wasn't), and also assumed the brightness of just a flipping light-bulb as the low-end as I said; If you saw the show, you will remember that from the Crystal Gem's perspective on the Earth's surface, the beam lit up the whole sky **blindingly,** it was like a freaking supernova went off nearby. No way that was only as bright as a household light-bulb, it was honestly probably brighter than the Sun, lol.

its fine, I know times like this can be stressful, its all good. and yeah the blast itself engulfed all of the earth and moon with its size, that's defiantly some tier 5 level energy required, while im leaning towards 5-C more, High 5-A would seem fair too as a high end.

Adem Warlock69 said:
I'm making the calc blog
I actually got the blog to work on my end so you don't need to! I'm so sorry if this now feels like you ended up wasting your time. Again, sorry.

Nickobloke said:
what's the blog called?
Here's a link: Steven Universe Corruption Beam Calcs that Require Evaluatio

Yes I made a big wall of text there (and a bit again here in this post LOL SORRY) again, but in this case it was just to give **full context** to people not familiar with the verse from the Calc Group so they can have the full picture before reaching conclusions. Also the wall of text isn't as big as it seems due to the paragraphs being narrower than usual thanks to the images on the right side.

You will notice my wording seems biased in favor of the High 5-A calc but reading more closely that isn't the case; I am simply giving the full context behind why the High 5-A result would be consistent with the series based on the following factors which I outline in the blog (Word of God and the Cluster being 5-A, the 5-C calc being a ridiculous lowball assuming the brightness of a mere light-bulb, and the fact that all the top-tiers scale from or WAY ABOVE Lapis who we've always suspected was a solid 5-C but we couldn't ever prove it).

What I'm asking the calc-group members is if the arguments above give enough "consistency" to a High 5-A result that we could accept that one over the 5-C lowball.

BIG EDIT VERY IMPORTANT: I also noted that if we DO go with the first calc to play it safe, we can assume lightbulb-brightness **but will still have to re-do the cross-sectional-area part of the calc** since assuming the beam to be a cylinder is just lazy, it was clearly not a cylinder. Although I just checked and either way the surface-area value is very similar so it won't change much if we re-do the 5-C calc with the correct surface-area.

Sorry for the double-post buuut I was thinking about how we would tier all the different characters based on which of the two calcs we end up getting accepted, and here is the reasoning. This is gonna be a HUGE wall of text (sorry) but that's because I want to give a completely detailed answer as to what the tierings would be (for EVERYONE) depending on the calc. Soupywolf5, feel free to add a list of the characters and how their tiers may be modified to the OP, if you feel so inclined at this time.

White is more powerful than Blue/Yellow so she may have contributed a majority of the energy. If we go with High 5-A, White and Monster (and maybe Pink Steve but he should probably be At Least 5-A Likely Higher) Steven will get High 5-A (with a note for Monster Steven that he is able to stomp White+Blue+Yellow+Lapis all at once) while Blue/Yellow should get 5-A+ (At Least 5-A, Likely Higher) since the feat seemed casual for all three and those two aren't **overwhelmingly** weaker than White as far as we know. Meanwhile we will upgrade Lapis, she will HAVE to get a 5-A rating or even 5-A+ (we would have to debate which) since she was able to slightly move Blue with her attacks, and she seems to have gotten stronger by Future and was able to restrain Monster Steve for a bit. For the same reason the Partially-Formed Cluster would need to be 5-A (seems silly since fully-formed it's 5-A, but 5-A has a range with the high-end being 6000 times the low-end, and maybe we could now justify the Fully Formed Cluster being 5-A+). By extension, anyone above Lapis (Malachite, Alexandrite, etc) would be 5-A+, "Possibly Higher" instead of the '"Likely Higher" of Blue/Yellow, although maybe we could give Obsidian "Likely Higher" since Obsidian is absolute beast-mode (far stronger than Alexandrite) and was able to slice up the Diamond Ship like it was a tomato which would put her **way** above the Partial Cluster as well. Which makes me think (irrelevant but just a cool thought): What if the CG's formed Obsidian again but they turned Pink with Steven's new powers? **My god they would probably be Low 4-C or something** with the High 5-A calc or Low 5-B with the 5-C calc, lmao daaaamn boooiiii.

An issue with the 5-C calc if we accept it: WE WILL STILL HAVE TO RE-DO AN ASPECT OF THE CALC! Even if we accept the lowball for the brightness as being lightbulb-level (lulz), the 5-C calc DEFINITELY did the cross-sectional area of the beam wrong since it assumed a cylinder. However, the surface-area in both calcs was very similar, so that won't change much. If we go with that calc we will still have to re-do it slightly though. Then, for the same reasons as above with High 5-A, we would give White and Monster Steven (and possibly Pink Steven) a rating of 5-C+ (Possibly Higher for White and Pink Steven, Likely Higher for Monster Steven), since the feat was clearly casual for the Diamonds and gives a result at the extreme high-end of 5-C, while Blue/Yellow would be At Least 5-C (no mention of "possibly" or "likely" though and a note in their profile that they are weaker than White), Lapis and Partial Cluster would be solid 5-C, and those above Lapis (Malachite, Alexandrite, etc.) would be 5-C+ ("Possibly" Higher), while we may be able to justfify 5-C+ ("Likely" Higher) for Obsidian.

Once we have had the calc-group members take a look at this, they should be able to give their input, and if we end up accepting the "5-C" calc "to be safe," we will have to slightly alter it by multiplying the result by the ratio of the surface-area in the High 5-A calc to the surface-area in the 5-C calc. I also personally think that if we accept the lowball calc, we should calc a mid-end for it assuming a brightness between that of a lightbulb and the Sun, as the beam still seemed way brighter than a lightbulb regardless!

Sorry for the giant wall of text again lol, I just wanted to go into as much detail as possible as to how we will tier the characters depending on the calc we use! I hope this is helpful! If anyone disagrees with any of my reasoning, of course feel free to post and let me and the others know your own reasoning :)

Goodyfresh said:
Would the Diamond Warships also scale? (Considering Yellow's was able to temporarily fight the Partially Formed Cluster I'm assuming they would?)

well if that is the route we are going, then yes they would I would say, considering we see yellows ship arm wrestle with the cluster.

Well I mean my whole point about why we may be able to give 5-A+ with LIKELY Higher instead of POSSIBLY Higher to Obsidian, in-particular, was that just a single arm of the Diamond-Mecha was nearly even with the Partial Cluster, and Obsidian is both way more powerful than Malachite or Alexandrite AND was able to **slice up the Diamond-mech's arms as easily as a samurai could slice up tomatoes**, lmao.

So yeah, **the Diamond Warships would scale to 5-A or 5-A+ (or 5-C or 5-C+) too**, I suppose I forgot to directly mention that although I did imply it.

I hope my analysis proves helpful, guys! Please note my edit as well about how if we are told to go with the 5-C calc, we should probably, along with re-doing the surface area, also add a mid-end assuming a brightness-level between a lightbulb and the Sun, as those seem like two widely separated extremes and the light still definitely seemed way brighter than a lightbulb, lol. Maybe a mid-end would end up yielding 5-B or something? I dunno.

I thank you guys for your thoughtful input and analysis! :)

Okay just to make sure I've got everything right (Sorry for making you go over this again, I just want to be absolutely sure),

Assuming the Recalc is accepted:

White Diamond and anyone who scales to her (Which I believe would only be Steven's later keys, the Fully Formed Cluster (Simply due to being much stronger than its Partially Formed state) and the complete Diamond Mech) would be High 5-A. Blue and Yellow Diamond, Lapis Lazuli' s Hydrokinesis, Malachite, Alexandrite, Obsidian, the Partially Formed Cluster, And the individual Diamond Warships would be 5-A+

Assuming the low-end of the original calc is accepted:

(Ignoring that The calc will be redone with the new volume) Well the calc is so high into Moon level that I don't think anyone would backscale to High 6-A+, so all of the aforementioned characters would be 5-C

Nickobloke said:
I think 5-B would be acceptable, as your right, those are two very different extremes
So you agree that if the first calc gets accepted we should probably do a mid-end and then re-submit it to the Calc Group for evaluation? I'm glad to know you agree! In that case we just need to wait for Calc Members to get back to us about the two calcs, and if they tell us to go with the lower one, we will need to have someone experienced do a mid-end for it :)

pretty much so for the first suggestion, and maybe differing words for 5-C, as in likely, possibly, and at least for the higher end charcters like yellow and blue, and likey higher for white and monster steven.

Nickobloke said:
pretty much so for the first suggestion, and maybe differing words for 5-C, as in likely, possibly, and at least for the higher end charcters like yellow and blue, and likey higher for white and monster steven.
Okay that all sounds potentially as reasonable to me as the stuff I suggested, I'm not really sure! Obviously depending on which calc we are told to accept, at that point we will have to properly debate the exactly wording for things like that. The whole "at least, likely, possibly" thing is a pretty vague distinction that can definitely be difficult to decide upon, so whichever calc we go with we will have to debate it a lot (unfortunately) I'm sure, haha. Thank you again for your input :)

You got any further input for now? If not then I'm going to leave this alone for a while as we wait for the Calc Group :)

So I'm late to the party, but I'd like to offer a possible change to Steven's profile.

So with some of his newer forms, the names can get confusing since they all have Pink in them somewhere. I think a few name changes could be helpful and his profile could be structured like this:

Kid Steven (Early Seasons)

Teen Steven (Movie/Future)

Gem/Gemstone Steven (Since it's literally his Gemstone making a form for itself to move. "Pink Steven" can be confused for his Pink Coat form)

Pink Steven or Pink Coat Steven

Corrupted Steven or Monster Steven

Sorvoe551 said:
So I'm late to the party, but I'd like to offer a possible change to Steven's profile.
So with some of his newer forms, the names can get confusing since they all have Pink in them somewhere. I think a few name changes could be helpful and his profile could be structured like this:

Kid Steven (Early Seasons)

Teen Steven (Movie/Future)

Gem/Gemstone Steven (Since it's literally his Gemstone making a form for itself to move. "Pink Steven" can be confused for his Pink Coat form)

Pink Steven or Pink Coat Steven

Corrupted Steven or Monster Steven
This has already somewhat been gone over with me talking to the OP about it. What we arrived at is that the current keys can stay the same (although the tiering of stuff like Pink Steven is going to be upgraded due to some new calcs), although your suggestion of renaming Pink Steven as "Gem Steven" may be a valid one we didn't consider, and we were thinking to add a new key for "Pink FORM Steven" and of course one for "Corrupted Steven" as you said. A key for Teen/Future Steven does already exist although it is pretty vague as of now! I don't think Pink "coat" sounds right since it seems his whole body becomes Pink, we have no evidence it is just a coating on the outside of his skin.

I would suggest you go back and not only thoroughly read the OP, but also thoroughly read all the posts in here so-far to see what has already been discussed and gone over before you make further posts (when you do so you will see I already tried to make this point several times and was unfortunately a bit more hostile about it those times). I mean no offense by this, but while I realize that doing that is a **TON of work and effort**, that is honestly what is necessary in order to be able to properly contribute to a CRT without making things redundant. If you would rather not do so and think "TL;DR," the it may be best (and again NO OFFENSE INTENDED) to just stick to the vs-debate threads which tend to be much shorter and easier to sort through.

If you in fact did alreaady read through everything and just somehow missed or forgot that the OP and I did in fact discuss the addition and modification of Steven's keys, then I apologize for assuming things!

Sorvoe551 said:
I did read through all of it, I just missed the part about renaming
Ah okay then, my bad, as I said I realized I may have been assuming! We have gone through a LOT in here, it can be very difficult to keep track of everything. This is why I truly admire the Mods/Admins for having the balls and the patience to be able to sort through all of our crap, hahaha.

Attention everyone, Goodyfresh is having some problems with his account, and will temporarily be unable to make any edits/comments on the wiki.

Someone put he's a kaiju on Corrupted Steven's picture, plus the pictures way too small. I think that's an unofficial edit, considering Corrupted Steven's feats aren't showing up on Steven's page.

yeah I don't know who did that but there wrong, no one in the show said that, its probably just some newbie fan, are you going to change it?

Back