• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sternritter Profiles Revision [Bleach]

He had plenty of time to whip it out pre inking, if we wanted to give Ichibe passive ability negation with his ink (idk if we do that or not here).
That still doesn't mean anything though.

We don't scale characters on the basis of "This character could have used this ability against them, but they didn't, so it wouldn't have worked if they tried it."

Entire is about inclusion of members into the equation, not recognition of different versions of the Gotei.
Nitpicky semantics. It's referring to the entire Gotei 13, is there any reason it would NOT be including Yamamoto?

If we want to get into semantics and such, "entire" means this:

with no part left out; whole.

"with no part left out". Nothing about this implies it's only talking about the current Gotei 13. Burden of proof's on you to say it is.

Tbh Kyoraku did infinitely better against Lille than the 4 non-Ichibei members of Squad Zero.
You mean like, when every other member of Yhwach's elite are there too. The only reason they didn't block his shot was because it's a hax shot.

It is relevant as it is about inclusion of members instead of recognition of a particular version of the oraganization.

Anyone can say this to anything. Doesn't serve as an argument
Read above.

using a hax right, the dude was getting bullied by a normal stern ritter
Robert only had two instances of landing damage on Shunsui:
  • When he caught Shunsui off-guard upon activating his Vollstandig.
  • When Shunsui dropped his guard because Yama died.

That still doesn't mean anything though.

We don't scale characters on the basis of "This character could have used this ability against them, but they didn't, so it wouldn't have worked if they tried it."
I know I’m using it to support the current accepted scaling.

Nitpicky semantics. It's referring to the entire Gotei 13, is there any reason it would NOT be including Yamamoto?

If we want to get into semantics and such, "entire" means this:

with no part left out; whole.
Doesn't prove Yama is included. At the time of the statement, Yama wasn't part of the whole Gotei, he was dead.

Doesn't prove Yama is included. At the time of the statement, Yama wasn't part of the whole Gotai, he was dead.
Literally just repeated yourself.

It's not on me to prove Yama is included, it's on you to prove he isn't. It states the entire, every part. NOTHING implies only the current Gotei. YOU need a reason to say he's not included in this other than "but it's only talking about the current gotei" without proof.

Guys, the whole "Squad Zero > Gotei 13" statement is not relevant to the proposal. That statement is not the basis of Yhwach's current scaling.

Literally just repeated yourself.
Because you repeated yourself as well instead of providing a new argument. Same argument from you = same rebuttal from me.

It's not on me to prove Yama is included, it's on you to prove he isn't.
It is, as the timing of the statement goes against his inclusion.

It states the entire, every part.
Doesn't mean it refers to the earlier version of the Gotei in which Yama wasn't dead. He died, meaning he's no longer a part of the whole.

NOTHING implies only the current Gotei.
The timing of the statement does.

YOU need a reason to say he's not included in this other than "but it's only talking about the current gotei" without proof.
A statement referring to an organization by default refers to the current version unless it alludes to an older one, which isn't the case with Shunsui's statement.

Right now I understand how the guy who triggered WW1 by assassinating Archduke Franz Ferdinand felt.

@Damage3245 Sorry for accidentally derailing the thread by trying to clarify the objective implications of Shunsui's SZ > Gotei statement.

Because you repeated yourself as well instead of providing a new argument. Same argument from you = same rebuttal from me.
No, I gave a counter with an explanation.
It is, as the timing of the statement goes against his inclusion.
No it does not. Nothing about that would inherently mean he's not included.
Doesn't mean it refers to the earlier version of the Gotei in which Yama wasn't dead. He died, meaning he's no longer a part of the whole.
"Earlier version of the gotei" "every part" yes, it does.
The timing of the statement does.
Not inherently.
A statement referring to an organization by default refers to the current version unless it alludes to an older one, which isn't the case with Shunsui's statement.
No it literally does not, what? It does not default refer to the current version till proven otherwise. That's not a rule nor is that an agreed-upon thing, that's just something you're saying because it works with your argument.

Just wanna ask one question on the whole squad 0 is greater than the gotei 13, didn't Yhwach say they should leave before squad 0 shows up? Kinda indicating he felt they would be able to beat him and the sternritter?

Just wanna ask one question on the whole squad 0 is greater than the gotei 13, didn't Yhwach say they should leave before squad 0 shows up? Kinda indicating he felt they would be able to beat him and the sternritter?
Yhwach said that they should retreat and wait for them to arrive.

However Yhwach was also operating on a time-limit since he'd need to return to the shadow area.

Of course Yhwach also felt confident facing the entire Zero Guard with just himself, his Elite Sternritter and The Wind dude. So he couldn't have been thinking that the Zero Squad would just beat all of his forces.

I think it was because Yhwach was on some time limit or something like that and had to go back to Silbern.

Do the Quincy who stole the Bankai scale to the Bankai.
Hm. I mean, I don't think they necessarily have to? If they have a brief skirmish or something with the bankai I can see it. Unless there's something like a "you need to be at least this strong to handle using it" but if not i'm not really for the idea.

Hm. I mean, I don't think they necessarily have to? If they have a brief skirmish or something with the bankai I can see it. Unless there's something like a "you need to be at least this strong to handle using it" but if not i'm not really for the idea.
Yhwach indicates you need comparable power.

Yhwach said that they should retreat and wait for them to arrive.

However Yhwach was also operating on a time-limit since he'd need to return to the shadow area.

Of course Yhwach also felt confident facing the entire Zero Guard with just himself, his Elite Sternritter and The Wind dude. So he couldn't have been thinking that the Zero Squad would just beat all of his forces.
Yeah you’re not wrong lol. Anyway I’m a little torn on the whole Quincy stealing bankai and scaling.

“Who else can control your immense power except me” most certainly implies a relativity of sorts as Yhwach specifically draws attention to how immense it is aka its power level.

Ah, I see. Yhwach was the only one capable of using it because of it's power.

I think this would imply that this would be the case for the other bankais too, seems decently straightforward unless there's a reason to believe something else.

“Who else can control your immense power except me” most certainly implies a relativity of sorts as Yhwach specifically draws attention to how immense it is aka its power level.
The issue is, Yamamoto himself can control his own immense power.

But we only rate him as Continent level+ with his Bankai. Without his Bankai, we only rate him as Country level.

So Yhwach without the Bankai should not be rated as Continent level+.

At best it's a foundation for scaling him to be equal to Yamamoto. But not to Yamamoto's Bankai.

The issue is, Yamamoto himself can control his own immense power.

But we only rate him as Continent level+ with his Bankai. Without his Bankai, we only rate him as Country level.

So Yhwach without the Bankai should not be rated as Continent level+.

At best it's a foundation for scaling him to be equal to Yamamoto. But not to Yamamoto's Bankai.
That’s because the Zanpakuto seal the blade the medallions only steal it. Also that’s irrelevant to the quote, the “immense power” Yhwach was referring to being able to withstand is the Bankai.

That’s because the Zanpakuto seal the blade the medallions only steal it. Also that’s irrelevant to the quote, the “immense power” Yhwach was referring to being able to withstand is the Bankai.
Can you prove that the only requirement to control the immense power is to have an equal power to it?

Also I don't get your point about the Zanpakuto.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, my point about Yama controlling his own Bankai has not been debunked.

Yama can control his own immense power; but Yama doesn't scale to it.

Yhwach can control Yama's immense power, but he shouldn't scale to it either.

If a characters gets a power-up, and then show that they can control the new power-up they get, then that doesn't backscale to say that they were equal to the power-up all along.

Last edited:
But Yhwach doesn’t have a shikai or bankai like shinigami do so I’m a little confused on why you’re using Yamamoto for that. He easily one shot Yamamoto without his bankai so base Yhwach >> base and shikai Yamamoto

But Yhwach doesn’t have a shikai or bankai like shinigami do so I’m a little confused on why you’re using Yamamoto for that. He easily one shot Yamamoto without his bankai so base Yhwach >> base and shikai Yamamoto
Yes. I agree Base Yhwach >> Shikai Yamamoto.

That's why I'm fine with rating Yhwach's profile with Yhwach >> Shikai Yamamoto.

But I don't agree with Yhwach = Bankai Yamamoto.

Back