• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steins;Gate 0 Anime Discussion

It's already been 1 week since it aired, what do you guys think about the anime adaptation thus far?. Also, please be spoiler free for those who never read the visual novel.

Tuturuu~

Amadeus - Kanako Itō Steins;Gate Lyrics (Japanese)(English)(Spanish)
Amadeus - Kanako Itō Steins;Gate Lyrics (Japanese)(English)(Spanish)

One thing I want to say. WE DIDN'T NEED IT. I mean the episode is not bad, but the ending of the original is satisfying and definitely didn't need sequel, or prequel, or anything.

@Rein Believe me as I've read the visual novel, even if it wasn't needed it's still really worth it, probably as good as the original in my opinion.

Hmm, I'll invest a bit more on zero then. But I don't think it can top one of my favorite anime and VN of all time. Better be good.

I only hope they don't mess up the adaptation, as S;G0 differently from the first one is divided into two main branches and major changes between the various endings and to reach te true one you need to reach an ending on the other branch which is connected to the other one, while the first one had a single major branch with less relevant variations for the endings.

tl;dr probably the best thing to do is reading the VN

I'll read it when I have money and time. Seriously, I kinda had a conflicting feelings when I heard the news, in the good side, yeah! More Steins;gate! The down side is I didn't think it can live up to the original. Also I don't mind spoilers so, is Tuturuu going to die again?

It's a pretty major spoiler for the ending, are you sure you want to know?

It's the "basically ruin half of the experience" kind of spoiler

I was spoiled in The Usual Suspects movie yet I enjoyed it. I don't think spoilers ruin experience and tell me plz. I'm ready.

It sucks that the VN never showed the events of Arc Light, though. I hope the anime adapts that as well.

Man, I feel like I really need to read or see what's going on. Well, thanks. You guys hyped me up for another episode. I want to see Okabe's breakdown once again.

Spoilers
We get to know Mayushii's daughter, Kagari Shiina. Depending on the branch we are in, she either is amnesiac or a spy/warrior enanched via neuroscience. She came from the future when she was a kid with Suzuha, but they got separated around the year 2000. In the route where she is amnesiac Leskinen and his group tried to implant Kurisu's memories inside her to get a copy of Kurisu. In the branch where she is a warrior for Leskinen, she takes the appearance of Suzuha's mother, Yuki Amane, and then sacrifices herself to save Mayuri who was trying to go back in time to the point where Okabe failed to save Kurisu to get the original's ending. What connects the two branches is a d-mail sent by Okabe to himself when he understands how to save Kurisu, knowing how he can't do anything from his wordline. The Okabe we see in the video message near the end of S;G, after sending that message, goes back in time to an unknown point to retrieve Mayuri and Suzuha, due to them being lost in time after going to S;G's Okabe as their time machine was out of battery.
I might have forgotten something as I read it back in november.

Well, bless me if I regret seeing that but man her daughter? And a whole lot of time shenanigans. Steins;gate indeed. Fortunately I'm here in Japan and I always goes to the game shop. I saw the VN but I didn't think it was worth it. Now I think different.

Yeah, it really is worth it.

I also got the limited edition with the artbook at a good price from Amazon (I think it was good, it's my first and only VN as of now).

as of now 4 episodes have aired and it looks like both of the main branches of the novel will be covered so we may be in for an interesting ride depending on how much of the story they want to show from Maho's and Suzuha's perspectives honestly zero is the better of the two novels from a story standpoint do to the multiple perspectives and how it builds off the fact you know the ending and manages to keep you on your toes throughout that journey. I do hope we get an ova or expanded view on unanswered questions like what happens after the true end of zero

I am aware of Arclight I am referring to unanswered questions like the two okabe paradox as well as the fate of Amadeus in steins gate world line among other things as not all the drama cd information is relevent

Ah, I thought you were asking about Future Okabe. Anyway, the story is continued in Robotics;Notes.

I did like robotics notes though id say its not the best thing ive ever seen though it does bum me out that dark things still happen in 1.048596 despite the freedom it has from attractor fields.

Back