• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Above Heaven and Below Earth, 0 Alone Surpasses 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The notion of it being flowery is refuted in the OP, so if you’d like to substantiate your claim and provide reasoning for it go ahead. But if you simply disagree because your own personal reasons then go ahead as well. I just won’t need to or will have to address your disagreement. But if you’re okay with that more power to you.

As obnoxious as they may be, I do see Neco’s argument. Clearly with the DB BoG feat we do not see the waves travel through time, there’s no evidence of such and the feat is still considered tier 2 - which is more or less similar to this feat.

So it’s not like the wiki consistently applies these standards.

But it’s obviously 4-A, so I agree with the thread.

As obnoxious as they may be, I do see Neco’s argument. Clearly with the DB BoG feat we do not see the waves travel through time, there’s no evidence of such and the feat is still considered tier 2 - which is more or less similar to this feat.
Doesn't need to show that tbh our standards say it must be shown to "significantly affect" the universe the time thing isn't an end all be all by any means

See here so you can be familiar with our standards

So it’s not like the wiki consistently applies these standards.

But it’s obviously 4-A, so I agree with the thread.
Isn't the BoG feat considered Tier 2 because there are several statements of universal destruction, with a universe in DB consisting of several space-times? Something lacking here.

I agree with 4-A, neutral on possibly T2

Isn't the BoG feat considered Tier 2 because there are several statements of universal destruction, with a universe in DB consisting of several space-times? Something lacking here.

You are correct. The comparison here simply does not apply. DB doesn't have tier 2 just with realm shakes, but statement of outright destruction (in the case of Super) and showcase of the actual space-time of the realms being affected (in the case of Toei).

Overall, I agree with Arc here.

You are correct. The comparison here simply does not apply. DB doesn't have tier 2 just with realm shakes, but statement of outright destruction (in the case of Super) and showcase of the actual space-time of the realms being affected (in the case of Toei).

Overall, I agree with Arc here.
So are you in favor of just 4-A or 4-A, likely/possibly 2-C?

Mfs just don’t read the OP huh. Is it that hard to just not derail the thread. Again the scaling is not changing, as in who scales to who is not changing, merely the tiering would change. If you want to ask off topic questions ask them outside of this thread. Does everyone understand 😭

Doesn't need to show that tbh our standards say it must be shown to "significantly affect" the universe the time thing isn't an end all be all by any means

See here so you can be familiar with our standards
I am familiar with the standards, I think you've misunderstood what I was referring to, the DB example is comparable given Elder Kai explicitly only ever mentioned there would be nothing left in the universe.

But that's neither here nor there, I'll drop it.

There is no showcase of the space-time of the realms being affected. There is a showcase of the universe being affected, but no space-time. because they are the exact same thing. Senjumaru implies that there would be more than just slight shaking, as she says even the slightest use of her powers is enough. There would be no need to seal that power if all it did was create some shaking for a few seconds. Even then, significantly affecting the continuums is enough, destruction is not needed.

The notion of it being flowery is refuted in the OP, so if you’d like to substantiate your claim and provide reasoning for it go ahead. But if you simply disagree because your own personal reasons then go ahead as well. I just won’t need to or will have to address your disagreement. But if you’re okay with that more power to you.
So the statement is, "With just a wave of our sleeves, the universe/heaven and earth of all three realms shake". The important thing comes from when she does in fact wave her sleeve and nothing happens. Things only kick in once she uses her bankai, and then we only see the realms shaking and not the universe. The statement ties itself to Buddhism which refers to something higher than one's self which in this case would be the universe. This way of speaking could easily be to assert superiority which is consistent with the super flexy term of "a wave of our sleeves" and also Senjumaru's character. Furthermore this whole scene's purpose is to show the power of Squad Zero, its the season finale as well. Taking both of those things in mind, showing something as grandiose as the universe itself shaking would be something that you would want to show if it was actually happening.

So the statement is, "With just a wave of our sleeves, the universe/heaven and earth of all three realms shake". The important thing comes from when she does in fact wave her sleeve and nothing happens. Things only kick in once she uses her bankai, and then we only see the realms shaking and not the universe. The statement ties itself to Buddhism which refers to something higher than one's self which in this case would be the universe. This way of speaking could easily be to assert superiority which is consistent with the super flexy term of "a wave of our sleeves" and also Senjumaru's character. Furthermore this whole scene's purpose is to show the power of Squad Zero, its the season finale as well. Taking both of those things in mind, showing something as grandiose as the universe itself shaking would be something that you would want to show if it was actually happening.
Wave of our sleeves is metaphorical speak for casual, as the passive reiatsu that spreads out from activating her Bankai causes everything to shake. So you’re correct, she isn’t saying literally moving her arm. But that doesn’t address the argument at hand, and furthermore all you’re doing is assuming the intent of the episode writers and animators. As I addressed in the OP, us not seeing the entire universe is not evidence of it being excluded from the feat and thus contradicted Shutara. Arguing from the position of “oh it’s a season finale and like they would’ve done x y and z” is a “feelings argument” and thus incredulous. Because what your claim boils down to is “I think that if the animators thought x they would’ve animated y” and “it’s only super impressive because it’s a season finale”. None of those are actual arguments that address what we are told and shown. Lastly, yes the scene is meant to show Squad 0 being superior to the Elite Sternritter, that is not mutually exclusive to what I claim in the OP. Nothing you presented is a defeater to the argument provided, it’s still okay to personally disagree but recognize that arguments from emotions are not logically valid.

Wave of our sleeves is metaphorical speak for casual, as the passive reiatsu that spreads out from activating her Bankai causes everything to shake. So you’re correct, she isn’t saying literally moving her arm. But that doesn’t address the argument at hand, and furthermore all you’re doing is assuming the intent of the episode writers and animators. As I addressed in the OP, us not seeing the entire universe is not evidence of it being excluded from the feat and thus contradicted Shutara. Arguing from the position of “oh it’s a season finale and like they would’ve done x y and z” is a “feelings argument” and thus incredulous. Because what your claim boils down to is “I think that if the animators thought x they would’ve animated y” and “it’s only super impressive because it’s a season finale”. None of those are actual arguments that address what we are told and shown. Lastly, yes the scene is meant to show Squad 0 being superior to the Elite Sternritter, that is not mutually exclusive to what I claim in the OP. Nothing you presented is a defeater to the argument provided, it’s still okay to personally disagree but recognize that arguments from emotions are not logically valid.
I'll address this tomorrow. Ima tired.

You absolutely can represent tier 2 constructs in fiction visually. So yes you can show such in fiction. Is it always shown? No, but can it? Yes.
In fiction where the assumed universe is like our own, it cannot. Unless it is shown to be separate, you have to assume it is connected, as that is how it works in real life.

In fiction where the assumed universe is like our own, it cannot. Unless it is shown to be separate, you have to assume it is connected, as that is how it works in real life.
Nope lol, if Kubo wants to show the entire dimension he can. Nothing you say can disprove that. He can absolutely represent the spacetimes visually if he wants. End of discussion. Like you understand that as per your very own claims there is a level of uncertainty in the claim about the 2-C shaking, hence why at best it’s being proposed for a likely rating. Do you understand that at the very least?

Nope lol, if Kubo wants to show the entire dimension he can. Nothing you say can disprove that.
Literally not possible.
But in a relativistic universe, time cannot be separated from the three dimensions of space. This is because the observed rate at which time passes depends on an object's velocity relative to the observer. Also, the strength of any gravitational field slows the passage of time for an object as seen by an observer outside the field.
This is shown by the dangai, as ichigo spends months in there, but in the human world, only a few hours has passed.

Literally not possible.

This is shown by the dangai, as ichigo spends months in there, but in the human world, only a few hours has passed.
Artistically, you can illustrate whatever you like. Just because irl we cannot see 4D objects, because we are 3D doesn’t mean authors cannot depict 4D objects. You’re appealing to reality. Your argument is absurd and lead to conclusions like, characters cannot be faster than light since FTL is impossible irl, or characters cannot have more than infinite energy, etc etc etc. You’re an absurdist and just blatantly wrong.

Artistically, you can illustrate whatever you like. Just because irl we cannot see 4D objects, because we are 3D doesn’t mean authors cannot depict 4D objects.
I'm not saying this isn't possible at all, but this is not possible in the current setting because the human world is supposed to represent our current universe.
You’re appealing to reality.
Some appealing to reality is necessary, unless you have things like, calcs cannot be used because the concept of physics is completely different, cold is hot and hot is cold, etc.
Your argument is absurd and lead to conclusions like, characters cannot be faster than light since FTL is impossible irl, or characters cannot have more than infinite energy, etc etc etc.
This is not what im arguing. Appealing to reality is only a fallacy if in that specific case, it has been proven wrong. Otherwise, an appeal to reality is necessary. We have no scans or feats that show the space-time of the bleach universes to be different from our universe of relativity. We do have feats that prove the opposite though, like I presented.
You’re an absurdist and just blatantly wrong.
ok lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back