• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars - Old VS New - Darth Vitiate VS Darth Sidious (Legends)

Crap. Overlooked that line in his description. Better close this thread then.

Given recent fairly recent events in SWTOR, I have to vehemently disagree that Legends/EU key Sidious is more powerful than Valkorian. For starters, Sidious doesn't have the Ritual of Nathema; Valkorian, unlike all the Sith that came before him, didn't pass on the secrets of his power, and for good reason.

In that case you should make a Content Revision Thread, no need to turn this into another VS Thread that becomes a CRT.

@Gargoyle

Which Sith are you talking about that superior to Arcan?

I'm not sure how well legends cannon connects the New and Old Republic.

The only thing I could find that connected Vitiate specifically is from the Darth Plagueis Novel.

Thousands of years after the Emperor's death, the Sith Lord Darth Plagueis—himself obsessed with achieving immortality—mused that Lord Vitiate, as he was known to history, was the only Sith Lord in history who had come close to achieving the secret.

Then again, this novel also said that Anakin Skywalker was a side effect of his Midiclorian experiments, so this book has debatable legitimacy.

Arcann isn't stronger than Vitiate. I honestly think Vitiate is lying through his teeth when he claims that he needs HOT to beat Arcann when he fights Vaylin, Arcann and HOT 3v1 and holds his own (though is still pretty handily beaten)

On topic, Sidious one-shots

Vitiate gives HoT his power based on players choice.

If yes, they both Barely hold Arcann back

If no, Hero gets stomped instantly

I doubt it was all of Vitiate's power when Vitiate can hold his own against Vaylin and Arcann at the same time while they aid HOT, and contend

Korudo Daio said:
Given recent fairly recent events in SWTOR, I have to vehemently disagree that Legends/EU key Sidious is more powerful than Valkorian. For starters, Sidious doesn't have the Ritual of Nathema; Valkorian, unlike all the Sith that came before him, didn't pass on the secrets of his power, and for good reason.
Vitiate loses this. Badly.

Every Jedi through 25,000 years' collective power (Including HOT, Yoda, Mace Windu, possibly Arcann, Ood Bnar, and a fuckton of High 6-A's) > DE Sidious > HOT, Arcann and Vaylin > Vitiate

And really, Sidious' feats without prep are easily superior to Vitiates. Vitiate's calc is higher, but Vitiate has way more experience with essence transfer, while Sidious' soul stood in limbo for a while (probably because he wasn't prepared for essence transfer, as he wasn't expecting Vader to kill him for whatever reason), which is why I think the calc for Sidious is lower by an indeterminate amount while Sidious regained control over his spirit. But that's headcanon.

Vitiate's fights with Revan and HOT could've gone either way, and both are significantly weaker than Yoda who Sidious, depending on the source and medium, is slightly weaker, equal to, or slightly stronger than. They should also be comparable to Mace Windu, who Yoda has trounced in sparring matches.

Vitiate would be better off against Mace Windu (he was still heavily amped during the fight with Sidious as the novel makes clear, for multiple reasons) or Talzin (someone please make this)

BruceTheBatman said:
So basically it's a question of whether or not Vitiate gets prep for the Nathemic Ritual that would provide a victory over Sidious, in which case it'd be a stomp and non-applicable to the profile?

Because regardless, the Nathemic Ritual is beyond anything that Sidious has shown.

Back