• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars - Old VS New - Darth Nihilus VS Darth Vader (Legends)

Power should be relatively even, Nihilus is 727 Petatons while Vader is extremely casually 24 Petatons, likely much higher via superiority to Anakin who has huge superiority over a mortally wounded Yareal Poof (or just Yareal Poof when not mortally wounded for that matter, seeing as Dooku, who Anakin stomped at his peak, can casually manhandle Prime Kenobi who is also superior to Yareal Poof). I could even see Vader taking a slight advantage in DC for that scaling.

That being said, I don't see him winning this. Vader resists his force drain, and I think I can see him resisting sever force and pain manipulation, but he has no answer to Nihilus' memory or soul manipulation.

Nihilus takes this easily.

You can't upscale a 30 times power increase like that, especially when Nihilus' feat is not only probably 1 exaton, but he does it with a thought.

727 to 24 is far from relatively even

Nihilus one shots and calls it a day.

Revan and Malak are the only High 6A in Star Wars who have the feats capable of defeating him

Hmm I'd say Vader wins. He is immune to the Dark Reaper which has similar draining properties and scaling to Nihilus' own. Plus by feats Vader is MUCH faster and vastly more skilled in combat and with a lightsaber. Vader should also be able to hold out against Nihilus' TK. Force drain isn't going to work very well against Vader, and drain is Nihilus' saving grace.

I think Vader would probably speedblitz Nihilus

MemeMan40 said:
Hmm I'd say Vader wins. He is immune to the Dark Reaper which has similar draining properties and scaling to Nihilus' own. Plus by feats Vader is MUCH faster and vastly more skilled in combat and with a lightsaber. Vader should also be able to hold out against Nihilus' TK. Force drain isn't going to work very well against Vader, and drain is Nihilus' saving grace.

Nihilus is literally 30 times more powerful than Vader and the feat that puts him that high is done with just thought alone. That is more than enough to obliterate Vader with one hit.

Shootingkill said:
MemeMan40 said:

Nihilus is literally 30 times more powerful than Vader and the feat that puts him that high is done with just thought alone. That is more than enough to obliterate Vader with one hit.
It doesn't matter if Nihilus is 30 times more powerful when his opponent is immune to that drain attack. Nihilus is only more powerful than Vader in Force drain, they are about equal in TK and Vader is far superior in everything else (speed, lightsaber skills, raw power etc.). By the way, drain doesn't act as an explosion that will "obliterate Vader", its a soul/life force manipulation ability that Vader learned to negate when he visited Ulic Qel-Droma's tomb and found out how to fully resist the Dark Reaper's OP drain which, as I said, is similar to Nihilus' own.

Nihilus is mainly a one trick pony, if his OP drain doesn't help him then he's in big trouble. Vader fights faster than average Force-users (and most likely above) can even react, he was so fast for them that he seemed to teleport all over the place. Nihilus has only fought Meetra Surik (who is mediocre) as well as Surik's subordinates, such as Visas Marr, and a non-Force sensitive like Mandalore the Preserver, who all had no trouble keeping up with Nihilus' saber skills and speed.

Vader stomps and speedblitzes Nihilus

@Firestorm808 "Also, the Dark Reaper could not harvest a wound in the Force."

^^^ Not sure what this has to do with anything when Vader doesn't use drain in the first place

You act like Nihilus can't just hit Vader with his light saber causing him to explode on contact.

And he's not 30x stronger, He's 510x stronger.

If his Force dean doesn't work, he hits him with his light saber

Gargoyle One said:
You act like Nihilus can't just hit Vader with his light saber causing him to explode on contact.
And he's not 30x stronger, He's 510x stronger.

If his Force dean doesn't work, he hits him with his light saber
Lol wut? Not sure where you're getting these numbers when they are both rated "At least High 6-A". Nihilus has his drain from being a wound in the Force, not from uber natural power like a normal Force sensitive. I'd like to hear your logic behind 'making Vader explode on contact' when Nihilus' power is all in his Force drain ability...not sure what you're trying to get at when his Force drain has no correlation with physical power at all. Plus Vader is far too fast for Nihilus to hit anyways

Look at the justification for WHY Nihilus is High 6A.

Nihilus razing the surface of Katarr= 1.1 Exatons

Vader is scaled to being much stronger then 20 Pettatons, as established within the very first post of the thread.

Also, not really sure how all of Nihilus's power is in his Force drain when not even thirty seconds later we see Meetra and the others literally say they're struggling to beat a Nihilus with nothing but his saber after he failed to force drain Meetra.

The sheer shockwave from blocking an attack that much stronger then Vader would make him explode.

Why does Vader have to be fodder within legends.

Legit gets stomped by any major old legends character

Gargoyle One said:
Why does Vader have to be fodder within legends.
Legit gets stomped by any major old legends character
I find this really funny considering the fact that people on YouTube hype Vader up to being on par with the likes of Bane and Krayt. I even remember a video where it was said he would beat Caedus in a fight. Meanwhile, that same guy says that anyone on Plo Koon's level or higher could resist Nihilus's drain just through sheer power. They also claim that Nihilus is completely dipendent on his force drain and if it doesn't work he auto dies. Seriously.

Biggest Problem with Legends Continuity

Butchered Vader's relevance

Just really bad and trash way of dealing with the Character

anyway

Nihilus via superior hax and AP

Lol wut? Not sure where you're getting these numbers when they are both rated "At least High 6-A".

By your logic, Vader does not even speedblitz Nihilus because they're both Relavistic with FTL reaction, essentially making your speed argument moot.

Yeah it is a stomp

Legit the only way Vader can beat Nihilus is by hitting him when his Force amp isn't up but this is so unlikely it's laughable to assume it's even possible.

One thing that might give Vader a better chance is being superior to Obi-Wan who is comparable to Bastila Shan, who has fought Malak.

Malak stomped Bastila and Carth even admitted she didn't stand a chance.

Plus, Bastila being comparable to Obi Wan makes no sense when feats wise she was on par with Revan on the Star Forge, who Stomps Obi Wan to hell

Back