• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Considering this is SBA, which means they start at 70 meters. Will Jotaro immediately go for a projectile launch at Yu's head? If that's guaranteed to happen Jotaro stomps, if that's not in character at all Yu either charges in recklessly and gets killed by a hit to the head the moment he's in SP range, or he immediately uses Asuramaru's full power and becomes too durable for Jotaro to hurt, it's 50/50. If Jotaro may or may not do it, he wins more often than not, since he would win any time Yu charged without amping and win every time he shot the projectile.

Blahblah9755 said:
Considering this is SBA, which means they start at 70 meters. Will Jotaro immediately go for a projectile launch at Yu's head? If that's guaranteed to happen Jotaro stomps, if that's not in character at all Yu either charges in recklessly and gets killed by a hit to the head the moment he's in SP range, or he immediately uses Asuramaru's full power and becomes too durable for Jotaro to hurt, it's 50/50. If Jotaro may or may not do it, he wins more often than not, since he would win any time Yu charged without amping and win every time he shot the projectile.
I don't think Jotaro has ever fought an opponent that far away in a situation like this where Jotaro knows where he opponent is.

I mean he has but he didn't know where (Kira) was and had to fight off something too (SHA) or he didn't know where exactly and distracted the opponent with a projectile to close the distance (N'Doul) while the opponent had to deflect the projectile, would of knocked him out cold while he was distracted but N'Doul surrounded himself with his Stand making it turn into a stand (ha) off, at least that was said in the manga.

Going off N'Doul though and Arabia (The Sun) he chose to throw a prpjectile so yeah, good chance he may do that.

Even if it's meant to just be a distraction, if the projectile hits Yu's head it will kill.

Does Jotaro typically aim for the head when attacking with projectiles/hitting someone with them as a distraction?

Yes actually, the rock he threw at Arabia hit him in the head. Although he couldn't see him, but he deduced exactly what was going on so he probably still aimed to instant incap.

Iggy almost hit N'doul in the head (or at least head-neck area) and Jotaro aimed that.

Also in Part 4 the ball bearings that he had he aimed specifically to kill, although the situation was a bit different there (didn't want ratt to escape).

Alright, then Jotaro should win in any situation where he starts with a projectile and around half the situations where he doesn't. He has my vote.

Oh yeah I actually forget Pucci, he threw a spear at him within stoped time aimed directly at his head, so there's that too. Although that's Part 6 Jotaro. Still another example of him doing that.

No, Jotaro would win in just about every situation.

Look at the difference in AP and Durability. The gap could be anywhere from 4x to 200x depending on how far into 9-A Yuichiro is. Even physically trained humans can be killed by a well-placed punch to the temple by an untrained human if you hit the right place, but the gap here is 4x-200x.

Star Platinum is also 637 billion times faster at the very least. He can land all of the free hits on Yuichiro he wants with that speed. None of Yu's projectiles will get past Star Platinum because its that fast, so Yu will have to challenge Jotaro up close, where Star Platinum demolishes him.

Jotaro doesn't even need to use timestop. You need to equalize speed or this is a stomp.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
No, Jotaro would win in just about every situation.

Look at the difference in AP and Durability. The gap could be anywhere from 4x to 200x depending on how far into 9-A Yuichiro is. Even physically trained humans can be killed by a well-placed punch to the temple by an untrained human if you hit the right place, but the gap here is 4x-200x.

Star Platinum is also 637 billion times faster at the very least. He can land all of the free hits on Yuichiro he wants with that speed. None of Yu's projectiles will get past Star Platinum because its that fast, so Yu will have to challenge Jotaro up close, where Star Platinum demolishes him.

Jotaro doesn't even need to use timestop. You need to equalize speed or this is a stomp.
I've chosen not to equalize speed only due to the fact that in terms of movement speed, Jotaro is in big trouble. Also, if he doesn't just straight up kill (which he wouldn't just straight up kill a stranger that's weaker than him, hence the in character aspect), he's actually in a lot of trouble with DP or, God forbid, KoS mode

Jotaro may be slower in movement but everything else, including dodging to a small degree is MFTL. And in character he may not instantly go for a kill, but he would try to knock him out cold (see N'Doul, actively tried not to kill but still wanted to cripple and knock out cold).

The fact he's so far out of his range means that Jotaro is probably gonna throw something (Pucci, Forever, Ndoul, Arabia, Ratt). If Star Platinum puts his back into it that's gonna be like a MFTL object with the power to knock him out cold aimed at his head. And he can throw things further than SBA.

Just as a reminder, Jotaro definitely wins a long-ranged engagement, but against Sun, it was along ranged battle (he would've died almost immediately after leaving the protection of the cave), and he really didn't have much of a choice. As for Yu, he has long ranged moves as well (but not nearly long enough, giving the win to Jotaro in ranged combat), but both fighters are primarily CQC fighters. Keeping in mind that in character, Jotaro probably won't kill a perfect stranger. That alone gives Yu a chance. I say win condition: survive 1 Ora Ora Ora (it's absolutely positive it will land due to The World) and activate DP or if he sustains enough damage, activates KoS.

Yu's allowed to use his transformations in this, in the situations where he isn't killed by a projectile, there's a 50/50 shot whether or not he draws Asuramaru's full power before getting in range becoming city block level.

I wouldn't really consider this a good match, but it's not a stomp.

Blahblah9755 said:
Yu's allowed to use his transformations in this, in the situations where he isn't killed by a projectile, there's a 50/50 shot whether or not he draws Asuramaru's full power before getting in range becoming city block level.

I wouldn't really consider this a good match, but it's not a stomp.
Sorry if it's a little unbalanced, this is my first match I've OP'd. I think it could be argued either way, but Jotaro clearly has more win conditions

>but against Sun, it was along ranged battle (he would've died almost immediately after leaving the protection of the cave)

Yeah so? That isn't my point, it strengthens it, if SP is out of range and cant close the distance safely something is getting launched.

That's the thing though, if SP ever gets to him he's dead or completely knocked out cold, there's no taking enough damage, if he gets damaged at all that's gonna be enough damage to incap at least. And Jotaro beats the shit out of non-dangerous threats to him all the time, like crippled for life.

Chariot190 said:
We don't know how end of Part 3 Jotaro leads, he gets time stop, uses it once then the Part ends like ten pages later. And it was only used once because that's the first time he ever got it.

You could use Part 4 Jotaro I guess to make a guess on how he uses timestop. Usually uses time stop to dodge attacks (Ratt, Josuke), close distances (Kira) and in cases where the opponent is a threat, stops time and tries to completely incap before the opponent can do something (SHA (failed here although he did try multiple times), Kira). If Jotaro deems his opponent a threat he'd use time stop to lead with to close the distance and pummel.

As for Steely Dan surviving an Ora beatdown, he honestly probably didn't. Jotaro was pissed off to the point he's killed men for less and the manga never says he survives or even shows him moving, assuming he survived is a bit flimsy. I don't even think the anime said he survived.
https://jojo.fandom.com/wiki/Steely_Da

Sorry I was just going based off of his wiki page, which listed him as retired, not dead

I actually read that earlier to check that, in the manga it's never said he survives. He gets the second longest beatdown in JoJo from a pissed off Jotaro and then that's it, doesn't say he lives and we dont see him move.

Not that'd it matter, Captain Tennile is dead for example.

Chariot190 said:
>but against Sun, it was along ranged battle (he would've died almost immediately after leaving the protection of the cave)

Yeah so? That isn't my point, it strengthens it, if SP is out of range and cant close the distance safely something is getting launched.

That's the thing though, if SP ever gets to him he's dead or completely knocked out cold, there's no taking enough damage, if he gets damaged at all that's gonna be enough damage to incap at least. And Jotaro beats the shit out of non-dangerous threats to him all the time, like crippled for life.
I just don't think that's the case at all. Again, Steely Dan was someone Jotaro absolutely despised, and was only a Wall level dura or something to that degree. Steely Dan got shit stomped with an Ora Rush to the face, and he lived.

Jotaro doesn't even know Yu, let alone hate him enough to outright kill him. Also, to imply that Jotaro holding back, with an AP of Building+ vs a durability of Small Building, could oneshot kill/ knock Yu out is a bit of a stretch

Chariot190 said:
I actually read that earlier to check that, in the manga it's never said he survives. He gets the second longest beatdown in JoJo from a pissed off Jotaro and then that's it, doesn't say he lives and we dont see him move.

Not that'd it matter, Captain Tennile is dead for example.
CT is 100% dead, I agree. And you could even say SD is dead too, even though the manga never explicitly says either way, and the wiki says he's still alive, but again, he's in character, Yu's not a villain, he's a younger kid, a perfect stranger, and weaker than Jotaro.

Well you can think that, doesnt mean youre right, especially as Jotaro has killed for less and him surviving is only you guessing.

Jotaro holding back is building though, the only time he went all out was against Dio.

SBA dictates that he's willing to kill even if in character, what you're describing is basically why would jotaro even fight him at all. And yes, him doing so would make sure he's not moving, for a very long time. SP is precise enough to gauge exactly how much force is needed to completely floor him, see The Lovers or litterally any time SP hits something.

BakiHanma18 said:
Everyone here quickly put down who you're voting for, just so I can update the OP?
I aint voting, Im mostly just playing devils advocate. Dont know enough on his opponent so voting aint fair.

I aint voting, Im mostly just playing devils advocate. Dont know enough on his opponent so voting aint fair.

Fair enough, and I do appreciate the devil's advocate, it really helps decide a true winner

Chariot190 said:
Well you can think that, doesnt mean youre right, especially as Jotaro has killed for less and him surviving is only you guessing.

Jotaro holding back is building though, the only time he went all out was against Dio.

SBA dictates that he's willing to kill even if in character, what you're describing is basically why would jotaro even fight him at all. And yes, him doing so would make sure he's not moving, for a very long time. SP is precise enough to gauge exactly how much force is needed to completely floor him, see The Lovers or litterally any time SP hits something.
I don't know, I'm just not entirely convinced that JoJo would be able to oneshot. If he doesn't, that's it. If he does, well, that's also it

>would be able.

He can gore characters more durable than any Stand in Part 3, including himself til he gets mad and when truly pissed off punch so hard he litterally dusts him. If he wanted, he can punch his opponent into a fine spray. It's a matter of will he do so? Not if he can.

Basically what we know and what it comes down to is if Jotaro can get a direct full building scale attack centered at the head then He wins GG, if yuu sustains major damage and survives then he becomes Demon Possessed and Jotaro is in trouble. If somhow Jotaro forces trauma onto Yuu he unleashes the Seraph and its GG.

I cannot find a way Seraph will come into play here do I am just focusing on Demon Form vs Jotaro.

Or, as previously mentioned, Jotaros one shot victory.

If Jotaro punches as hard as he can it doesn't matter where he punches, he ain't coming back.

Although I can agree that Jotaro ain't gonna lead with a punch that strong unless mad.

idk.

SBA states that he's willing to kill and even the slightest offense is enough for Jotaro to punch him hard enough he won't be able to move for months (if Jotaro notices his regen, he may actually try and test that like he did on Nukesaku, pray he doesn't overestimate his opponent in this situation).

And if Jotaro notices the transformation he's gonna try and incap, put down or depending on the situation kill. And he's fast enough to do so.

What if Jotaro dodges Asura Kannon? He would see that his opponent is capable of a city block attack and a one shot kill shot if hit.

My guess is thats enough for him to get pretty serious.

If we go based on the assumption that Steely died, it's a stomp. If we go based on the fact that Steely retired, Yu has a win condition.

Hol up, Jotaro has time stop, litterally nothing is stopping him from stopping time and dodging any lethal attack or blitzing, post transformation (that's only implying that it does in fact happen).

Do note that SP can launch opponents, far enough to where it can be considered BFR.

Not his go to but in a situation (only did it once on alessi i think) where his opponent gets to strong and he can't damage him, BFR is an option, even if it's at the bottom of his list (but he's so fast he may straight up exhaust all his options before his opponent can follow up).

Chariot190 said:
Hol up, Jotaro has time stop, litterally nothing is stopping him from stopping time and dodging any lethal attack or blitzing, post transformation (that's only implying that it does in fact happen).

Do note that SP can launch opponents, far enough to where it can be considered BFR.

Not his go to but in a situation (only did it once on alessi i think) where his opponent gets to strong and he can't damage him, BFR is an option, even if it's at the bottom of his list (but he's so fast he may straight up exhaust all his options before his opponent can follow up).
If KoS is activated, Jotaro is at every possible disadvantage except speed, and he'd get oneshot if him or SP are touched

Chariot190 said:
If Jotaro punches as hard as he can it doesn't matter where he punches, he ain't coming back.

Although I can agree that Jotaro ain't gonna lead with a punch that strong unless mad.
Tbh, I didn't notice earlier, but Yu's page is missing a bit. Most important being his regen. I only just noticed it's not there, but Yu's able to regenerate from all his organs exploding, his arm being destroyed, a hole being pierced through his chest, and was compared to high level vampires who can survive as nothing but s head. That's why I was asking about Jotaro headshotting. Since otherwise he gets fully possessed by Asuramaru or KoS when Jotaro punches a hole through him on accident.

I can probably make a CRT later for that.

If Yu were to go KoS, he has enough AoE that Jotaro's time stop won't let him out of the way with his movement speed, but much more often than not Yu dies to an Ora or projectile to the head before either transformation goes off.

The reason I'm not a big fan of the match is that Jotaro wins low diff more often than not, but in the situations where Yu wins he low diffs. Whoever wins isn't really struggling.

BakiHanma18 said:
I've chosen not to equalize speed only due to the fact that in terms of movement speed, Jotaro is in big trouble. Also, if he doesn't just straight up kill (which he wouldn't just straight up kill a stranger that's weaker than him, hence the in character aspect), he's actually in a lot of trouble with DP or, God forbid, KoS mode
Jotaro isn't in big trouble at all here. It doesn't matter that Yuichiro is faster than Jotaro, he still needs to get past Star Platinum to do anything, which he can't.

He absolutely would kill. SBA dictates that combatants are in character, but willing to kill. Again, the AP/Durability gap could be anywhere from 4x to 200x depending on how far into 9-A Yuichiro is, and considering that he isn't 9-A+ or anything, it's at least 8x, which is a very big deal here. Yes Jotaro doesn't know Yuichiro, but that doesn't mean he's going to handle him like a dainty little flower. He knows that Yuichiro isn't his friend, and that he's trying to kill him. That's all he needs to know.

You must also address my point about the speed gap. Again, SP is over 637 billion times faster. Even if Jotaro pulls his punches, he's going to be landing a ton of them. He has all the time he needs to land all the hits that he wants, and he's going to figure that out the moment he sees Yuichiro's speed in action.

>If KoS is activated, Jotaro is at every possible disadvantage except speed, and he'd get oneshot if him or SP are touched

Timestop, he can do it while time is stopped, unless he can fly he cant exactly defend against it.

>but Yu's able to regenerate from all his organs exploding, his arm being destroyed, a hole being pierced through his chest, and was compared to high level vampires who can survive as nothing but s head.

I wasn't joking, a pissed off Star Platinum can quite litterally punch opponents of his durability so hard that the opponent explodes into extremely tiny fragments if not dust.

I know Jotaro kills with an Ora rush or just a punch or projectile to the head,m. I was only saying that an individual punch not to the head won't kill him. But like I said earlier, Yu only wins if he goes into one of his higher tiers straight away. Otherwise he's killed effortlessly.

Blahblah9755 said:
I know Jotaro kills with an Ora rush or just a punch or projectile to the head,m. I was only saying that an individual punch not to the head won't kill him. But like I said earlier, Yu only wins if he goes into one of his higher tiers straight away. Otherwise he's one shot effortlessly.
idk dude, how pissed off is Jotaro on a scale from mad to Century old homoerotic body snatcher killed all your friends mad? If it's the latter it won't matter where he gets punched, it's gonna kill.

>Timestop, he can do it while time is stopped, unless he can fly he cant exactly defend against it.

Demon possessed can fly Salt king can fly and Base Yuu cannot

also just rewathced the salt king episode and If Salt King were to come into play Jotaro is done for, timestop wont help from an instantaneous materialization of salt at range.

That's a good point about Jotaro's willingness to kill, but speed or no, he's completely outclassed by KoS. Instant salt materialization at a distance literally oneshots

>Instantaneous.

I'd like to point out that being seemingly instant and actually instant aren't the same, if it ain't MFTL+ Jotaro can still react. And this ain't Part 4 Jotaro, he can cover insane distances in seconds.

Back