• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Fox Mega CRT

This thread will be focusing on fixing up the Star Fox ratings and discussing some feats, because what we have now is pretty barebones and basic.

Most of this will come from Adventures because we're missing a ton of stuff from that game.

Firstly, let's get right to the big one: AP

Arwings and Comparable Vehicles/Weapons

There are two statements from the beginning and ending of Adventures that support the idea of a system-wide threat.

General Pepper contacts Fox with urgent news and forces him on a mission to go hopefully stop Dinosaur Planet from exploding, which, if it did, would effect the entire Lylat System. Andross later follows this up by saying he will destroy the Lylat System.

Now, why does Andross' statement matter? How does it relate to Dinosaur Planet exploding?

Because he absorbed the Krazoa Spirits, who are responsible for bringing life to the planet to begin with, along with creating the SpellStones to channel the planet's energies to keep it's energies from constantly tearing the planet apart until it explodes.

The Stones contained Dark Matter which the Krazoa also could manipulate, needing to do so so the planet can be stable again..

Also, General Scales with a single Krazoa Spirit was said to harness the planet's dark forces to mutate Dragon Rock into a horrible wasteland, showing that yes the Krazoa can manipulate it.

I feel like the scaling is pretty evident here, and the statements back each other up and aren't contradicted afaik.

Base

As for base revisions, I think that the vaporization/pulverization of an Arwing should be calculated, as it's scalable due to two instances of an Arwing or something similar being completely destroyed with no particles left over.

The first is in this cutscene, where fodder Aparoids you can defeat on the ground and take attacks from literally look to pulv/vaporize Fox's Arwing.

The second is in the fact Fox's Sniper Rifle can instantly destroy ships of a similar size to the Arwing, leaving nothing left.

Here we see regular blasters in the comics blasting huge holes in a ship.

This would scale to striking strength due to Adventures and the Comics showing characters can harm each other with physical strikes.

A possible addition to Lifting Strength is the fact he can push large cubic stones several meters away with a single push. Even more impressive given the ground is stone too and would provide tons of resistance.

FTL Speed Feats

Right now the profiles have exactly no proof or justification for their speed rating. I intend to fix that.

Here we can see that Pepper wants them to return to Corneria immediately. Fox responds with a simple "Copy that, we're on our way" and then the Arwing is shown flying across multiple planets to reach Corneria in under 10 seconds.

I personally believe this timeframe and feat are backed by several other things.

We also see in the ending them flying towards a direction from Venom and reaching Corneria in a short time while seemingly cruising, as they don't look very focused or serious, so it's supported.

In Star Fox 2, you can fly all the way to Venom in real-time as this map has active missiles that slowly inch their way towards planets. This would be the same distance as the other feat and get a slightly lesser result but provide more support that they can do that. You can also fly to the star, Lylat shorter than eight minutes. I don't have a video showing this, unfortunately.

In Zero, there appears to be four planets between Corneria and Venom, making it the fifth or sixth (if we include Venom) planet. I doubt it took around an hour for this feat to have happened, so it'd still be an FTL feat regardless. But if we treat the map as the actual feat, then the timeframe is like, 4 seconds.

Mercury to Mars (because Corneria is classified as the fourth planet in a manual) in that timeframe would be 141.789757766c

Jupiter (5th distance) would be 600.765613657c

Saturn (6th distance) would be 1139.69678317c

These aren't actual accurate calculations, just ballparks to show the clear ratings they'd get. Actual calculations should be done for any of these feats I mention.

Fox from what I can see looks to clearly avert his eyes and reach up with his hand to block a light ray that reaches him after the fact.

The Arwings as depicted here seem to fly out of the galaxy in celebration. Likely billions c if I had to guess.

As seen here, Krystal was searching the galaxy for answers on what caused her parent's death, and got a distress call localized within the Lylat System, meaning she was outside of it.

Taken from the guide, but we don't have much else for backstory and I don't believe it's contradicted either so should be fine to use.

It takes light several years from the closest star to reach our system so even if she was in the closest solar system by happenstance it would've taken her years if she wasn't traveling faster than the speed of light to even respond to the call, which is very unlikely imo.

Assuming a year at most, which is still pretty unlikely as it was an urgent distress call she answered immediately and I doubt she aged, we get like 4.22c

Assuming a day as a somewhat reasonable low-end would net 1541.34408989c

The absolute highest end is that maybe she got there in an hour, which would net 36992.2581575c

The only way it gets below light-speed is if you assume she got the signal and then took more than 4 years and around 2 months to get there, but I feel the context makes that extremely unlikely.

We also have statements of them traveling at max speeds in space and going on to dodge obstacles that suddenly float into their paths.

Powers & Abilities/Arsenal Updates

Basically, we should add all of the Adventures gear as part of his optional equipment.

I compiled a list complete with links to their respective wiki pages:

- P.D.A

Information Analysis

- Krystal's Staff

Forcefield Generation that reflects projectiles (including bolts of straight up electricity being fired from bots) and doubles as Intangibility

Fire Manipulation

Ice Manipulation and maybe Durability Negation since freezing and then smashing seems to bypass defenses

Shockwave Generation and/or Vibration Manipulation via causing tremors

- Dumbledang Pods

Healing

- PukPuk Eggs

Healing

- First Aid Kit

More healing

- BafomDads

These would count as auto-resurrection

- Sharpclaw Disguise

Doesn't serve much purpose outside of it's intended purpose within only this game and in this series, but it does seem to be immune to poison gas that otherwise can affect Fox

Much like other characters with weapons, we should also add the abilities he gets from his weapons in Assault as well, which would look something like this...

Explosion Manipulation (Via Grenades and many types of Bombs and Mines), Homing Attack (Via Homing Launcher and Lock-On Blaster shots), Invisibility (Via Stealth Suit), Limited Flight (Via Booster Pack)

We're not done yet, though. He also has some missing base powers and abilities, such as resistances to the following:

Fear Manipulation - Braved a trial made by the Krazoa that would show him his greatest fears, and proved himself worthy via overcoming them

Acid - Can withstand being inside the Galdon's stomach acid

Poisons - Minor; can withstand toxic fumes for at least a minute before succumbing to the effects, of which it will slowly harm him until he escapes the area of effect, where he will show no more ill effects and immediately recoverhttps://youtu.be/mafCrNI6P70?t=04h10m00s
https://youtu.be/mafCrNI6P70?t=04h10m00s
Extreme Temperatures - In Adventures you traverse through the icy tundra multiple times as well as smoldering volcanic temples, and he can even walk on lava and brush it off provided he doesn't stand in it too longhttps://youtu.be/mafCrNI6P70?t=04h10m00s
https://youtu.be/mafCrNI6P70?t=04h10m00s
Gravity - Adjusts to the gravities of multiple different planets in Assault and has undergone gravity training for days

Misc. Stuff

Would we have a separate tabber for Starlink? Or a separate page altogether? Cause I have a list of things from that game as well we could work on applying.

And I believe that is all. In terms of feats with no calculations yet I believe we should work on getting them calculated and then added so that way these profiles aren't so barebones. Practically everyone in the verse would scale to these as well.

God I hope these links work.

It's about time there was a revision for this verse. I agree that it's been barebones with unexplored lore for years tbh.

I agree that the Spellstones stuff sounds like it could be planet level. Sauria I think it reasonable to be earth sized as a lowball; the explosion being seen as a Lylat system threat would inherently mean Sauria must be pretty big. And the explosion outright would mean it matches and or surpasses the GBE outright. Which as the Krazoa God, Andross is more than capable of busting it.

Admittedly, Arwings and Landmasters are grossly inconsistent, and the fact that they're vehicle oriented verses as opposed characters with super powers makes it harder to create scaling chains. I have made it known to a lot of people that vehicles and firearms should often avoid being part of a power scaling chain and go off own feats except in special cases. As for Arwings, I know there are multiple models that some can prove to be significant upgrades over other models. I think Arwings should probably vary in tier based on certain models; the one used against Krazoa God Andross appears to be quite extraordinary compared to the regular showings of Arwings and Wolfens. Though they aren't without good feats out there either iirc. And blasters in Star Fox even ones from handguns do have a lot more firepower than they look. But I think a lot of those other feats should be calculated separately.

The speed and abilities list are also looking good. I agree the current FTL speed reasons are iffy, but that the feats aforementioned should get results much greater.

I can agree to a varies for Arwings. Iirc the models even appear differently between each other.

But yeah, I think the major thing is that a lot of these need calculations, and I'm almost positive they'd upgrade the verse from their current tier from just eyeballing alone.

Krazoa are responsible for the planet having enough magic to go kablooey. It's at least planet. The entire lylat system stuff can even possibly be interpreted as a SS feat. They can manipulate the energy and even use it offensively like Scales did turning Dinosaur Rock into a wasteland, are responsible for it's existence, and they can contain that energy to make sure the planet is stabilized again. This energy would've made it explode. Krazoa should obviously scale to it, and Andross, having absorbed every spirit available would also scale, and Fox's Arwing for beating him with that power.

More bumpage because I really want this verse to get some respect and more input is needed.

Maybe we should try contacting calculation blog users to see if we can more easily divvy up the neccessary calcs to make this go a little faster.

Bump

Would we give Statlink Fox his own profile or a separate tabber? Or is there even anything saying Starlink is non-canon?

Curious, would the statement of the explosion affecting the entire system at least support the radius of the blast extending that far? Sauria was notably "on the edge" of the Lylat System, so it had to have had a decent radius in order to affect the system.

Because plugging stuff into the calculator got me Star results, and that's a lowball given i only used Pluto to the Sun distance and we know that the Lylat System has a supergiant blue star instead of the standard Sun assumption.

Also notable is a guide says the Lylat System is "near the center of the Milky Way" so we actually have a confirmed starting point for escaping the galaxy now.

AP and LS Feats

Fodder Aparoids Destroy Arwing

Fox Snipes Ships

Blasters Blast Holes in Large Ships

Fox Pushes Large Blocks

Speed Feats

Arwings Travel from Near Venom to Corneria. Venom is nearest to their blue star, Lylat, while Corneria is labeled as the fourth planet.

Fox Reacts to Light

Arwings Jet Out of Galaxy. For reference the Lylat Systen is located near the center of the galaxy

Krystal Searches Galaxy and Answers Call in a Nearby System. Should be noted it was a SoS/distress signal so she had to have acted urgently.

Statement They Fly at Max Speeds and Go on to Dodge Obstacles in the Level

Oh and Star Fox 2 having Arwings able to fly from Corneria to Lylat (the star) in a short timeframe in real time on the map since you have to intercept moving missiles on the map. May try to get footage of this myself although it may be poor quality

These are probably the most notable feats that deserve calcs.

Last edited:
AP and LS Feats

Fodder Aparoids Destroy Arwing

Fox Snipes Ships

Blasters Blast Holes in Large Ships

Fox Pushes Large Blocks

Speed Feats

Arwings Travel from Near Venom to Corneria. Venom is nearest to their blue star, Lylat, while Corneria is labeled as the fourth planet.

Fox Reacts to Light

Arwings Jet Out of Galaxy. For reference the Lylat Systen is located near the center of the galaxy

Krystal Searches Galaxy and Answers Call in a Nearby System. Should be noted it was a SoS/distress signal so she had to have acted urgently.

Statement They Fly at Max Speeds and Go on to Dodge Obstacles in the Level

Oh and Star Fox 2 having Arwings able to fly from Corneria to Lylat (the star) in a short timeframe in real time on the map since you have to intercept moving missiles on the map. May try to get footage of this myself although it may be poor quality

These are probably the most notable feats that deserve calcs.
@Therefir @Ugarik @DemonGodMitchAubin @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @Amelia_Lonelyheart

Would any of you be willing to calculate the more notable and useful of the above feats please? We would appreciate the help.

Preferably tell us here if you accept.

But don't we visibly see the light ray move? That's the entire reason I used it.

Im cases where a light ray is present and moving at a certain speed it can be calculated for reactions

I dunno about that. It doesn't seem to get that much brighter to me.

And why would you shield your eyes from something before it even reaches it's max intensity if the light hasn't reached that far yet? Like it's only mildly glowing at first before the light comes out. He moves his arms before the light can hit him.

I dunno. It just seemed like an easy calc to me, especially when we've given reactions for the frames a pony's wings moved to shield her eyes compared to sunlight coming through the clouds before.

It seems like a flashlight in it's effects. The light stays shining even after the fact. Reacting to the start of a light being shone before the rays can even hit the ground seems okay to me given some other things we've used before.

I dunno about that. It doesn't seem to get that much brighter to me.
I mean, it clearly does, otherwise you wouldn't even get to see it.
And why would you shield your eyes from something before it even reaches it's max intensity if the light hasn't reached that far yet? Like it's only mildly glowing at first before the light comes out.
Maybe it's just brighter than it looks.

Also, you do realize that to see the light, he would have to be... seeing it? Like if he's reacting to the light he sees then it's already touching him.
He moves his arms before the light can hit him.
If that's what we're gonna be talking about then Fox reacts several seconds before the light even comes out so the feat isn't really there anyway, unless you wanna consider it an Immeasurable speed feat.
I dunno. It just seemed like an easy calc to me, especially when we've given reactions for the frames a pony's wings moved to shield her eyes compared to sunlight coming through the clouds before.
Yeah I've seen that feat, and I disagree with that one too.
It seems like a flashlight in it's effects. The light stays shining even after the fact. Reacting to the start of a light being shone before the rays can even hit the ground seems okay to me given some other things we've used before.
I just don't think there's enough evidence. If I wanted to be anal about it you'd also need to prove it fulfills our light speed requirements, which I don't think it does.

So would anybody here be willing to calculate the other feats instead then?

what's the size of an arwing, is there any canon measure for that, or pictures good for pixel-scaling?

@Foxthefox1000

Would you be willing to collaborate with Armorchompy, so we can get these feats calculated please?

Back