• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Squarepants Discussion Thread

Maybe we could formulate his page like kinda like She-Hulk. She has tab for gag abilities she had before in old comic but doens't have anymore, we could make one for SB specifically for god powers: Disease Immunity, Shapeshitifting(Switchted from his buff form back to normal), Teleportation & Electricity Manipulation (Summoned lightning that warped himself & Neptune to th Krusty Krab). Too bad we can't use video games since this form had more feats.

Spongegod vs Kulshedra confirmed
technically we can use video games, we've talked about that before in this topic, but I think I can agree with him having a different key to the god form. (in this form he would possibly have all the powers of King Neptune)

And a possible Size Manipulation at 3:49? Before, he wasn't that big, because apparently in this scene Patrick and SpongeBob were the size of his foot.

Also, why doesn't SpongeBob have his "magician" powers mentioned in the profile?

He can fire blasts of energy to destroy the plankton's helmets, and Plankton cites that this is due to the sounds of music that seem to manifest in the form of energy.

David Hasselhoff's calculus
Didn't i already link that blog?
I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die did a calc about this feat but i don't think put it on a blog so I'll repost it
"standard measuring tapes are .96 ounces, the distance between the moon and earth is (stated by squid ward) to be 238000 miles.

It took 3 seconds from the moon to hit sponge bob on Earth.

238000/3 = 79333.3333333 miles per second (Massively Hypersonic+).

Kinetic Energy calculator gets me 2.218158219555E+14 Joules or 50 Kilotons"
technically we can use video games, we've talked about that before in this topic, but I think I can agree with him having a different key to the god form. (in this form he would possibly have all the powers of King Neptune)
I'm gonna comment about on this later

I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die did a calc about this feat but i don't think put it on a blog so I'll repost it
"standard measuring tapes are .96 ounces, the distance between the moon and earth is (stated by squid ward) to be 238000 miles.

this feat of speed is also good for their reaction, ok.

One little thing to add to SpongeBob, he was in front of a light that was burning a fish's eyes.
Should drop as resistance to Light Manipulation.

this feat of speed is also good for their reaction, ok.
Not only reaction, but also strength/durability. 50 Kilotons is Town Level
One little thing to add to SpongeBob, he was in front of a light that was burning a fish's eyes.
Should drop as resistance to Light Manipulation.

The link isn't working for me. Is it from the movie when Neptune's baldness gets exposed?

Not only reaction, but also strength/durability. 50 Kilotons is Town Level

The link isn't working for me. Is it from the movie when Neptune's baldness gets exposed?
Town level?! Good!, I believe that if we have one more feat than Town level we can have SpongeBob in this level.

About Link, it's about him being exposed face to face with King Neptune's bald head, which emitted a glow that could literally burn the eyes of a fish

but here's a new link

Last edited:
But what do you think about that? Resistant to data manipulation, it returned to normal after being transformed into data by plankton.
And in this case it chose to be smaller than a computer virus, even small at the end of the episode it alone returns to its original size.
In addition to a resistance to fire manipulation
And for flying Dutchmen negation of resurrection (He claimed he couldn't bring SpongeBob and Patrick back to life until the spell ended.)
Which brings us to resurrection (after his meeting he revived SpongeBob and Patrick)

Last edited:

Impressive, but SpongeBob was not hit by it but some rather random citizen. Should still scale via the verses humans are also not normal ones. And not to forget that in one of the City Block feats we literally have a casual "Sub Relativistic" Feat which Pearl does initially dodge.
I'm curious about this too because I may also have knowledge to include regarding these because I played through them. But one of the feats in video games if we count one of them has Sandy keeping up with and restraining Dutchie; who we know before has a large domain of his own that has energy to create large storms or waves (But then its being argued that feats like this do not scale physically; however we literally have SpongeBob not only disband it in a calm state, But JKL SURVIVED IT) and casually outpaced sound waves from Prawn (Mermaid Mann's nemesis) or swirly looking beams from Mann Bot Plankton.

And I think in the "Curse of The Flying Dutchmen" Game, eventually SpongeBob has been granted abilities to match Dutchie? Might need to look for this one unless someone recognizes that.

But what do you think about that? Resistant to data manipulation, it returned to normal after being transformed into data by plankton.
And in this case it chose to be smaller than a computer virus, even small at the end of the episode it alone returns to its original size.
In addition to a resistance to fire manipulation
And for flying Dutchmen negation of resurrection (He claimed he couldn't bring SpongeBob and Patrick back to life until the spell ended.)
Which brings us to resurrection (after his meeting he revived SpongeBob and Patrick)
hey what do you think about this?

Hey I found something for a next thread, apparently SpongeBob's thoughts, memories, etc. are controlled by other mini SpongeBob that are inside his brain, these mini versions are quoted as not existing, being just "a visual metaphor to personify the abstract concept of thinking", but in this case they really existed, so much so that SpongeBob's brain breaks down at the end of the episode due to a panic between these versions of him.

But hey I noticed another thing, SpongeBob should have a resistance to Memory Manipulation and Telepathy with that too, as his memories are basically papers inside his mind.
I think this even appeared in another episode

So just to summarize everything SO FAR (and feel free to edit my quote or make your own list since I’m only keeping with everything so we don’t forget)

Spongebob:
-Subjective Reality/Creation (Capable of bringing himself and other things he dreams while asleep into reality)
-More reasoning for Life Manipulation and POSSIBLY multiple selves (His puppet “ChefBob” came to life after Spongebob entertaining the customers of the Krusty Krab with his show)
-Type 8 Immortality (It will continue to exist as long as there are stars in the sky and people remember it)
-Social Influencing (The Flying Dutchman gave up on stealing Spongebob’s soul because he couldn’t even hear his own thoughts and said Spongebob was not even worth the bet. It also convinced everyone in Bikini Bottom to get ready for Christmas, a holiday they have never heard of)
-Extrasensory Perception (Could sense Patchy and Potty arguing about it in the past)
-Additional enhanced senses evidence (Could see and talk to Squidward despite just being a floating mouth)
-Additional support for using absorption for combat and raising his AP/Attack Reflection (Countered a snow monsters attacks via absorption and can absorb all types of things besides water to raise his strength)
-Sound Manipulation and Energy Projection (Fired beamed of energy made of sound manipulation based on Planktons statement)
-Can physically look into it’s mind and thoughts
-Additional evidence to Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Would have to also control the mini Spongebob’s in its head who all have non existent physiology due to being an abstract concept of thinking)
-Resistance to Memory Manipulation
(He regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name)
-Possible Resistance to Telepathy and denial of Clairvoyance (It talked so much that the Flying Dutchman failed to even hear his own thoughts and abandoned the Spongebob deal within 30 seconds)
-Resistance to Mental Possession (The Flying Dutchman claimed it’s thoughts were to awful and scared him)
-Resistance to Blunt Force Attacks (Was invulnerable to Flatt’s attacks)
-Resistance to Regeneration Negation (Mid-High) (Regenerated from Neptune’s beans that completely negated Patrick’s regeneration)
-Likely Immunity to Diseases (Neptune turned him into an immortal god and it has not been referenced he has lost his powers)
-Resistance to Light Manipulation (Via resisting Neptune’s “Baldness”)
-Resistance to Data Manipulation (It returned to normal after being transformed into data by Plankton)
-Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Completely unaffected by being attacked by the virus’ fire breath)
-Resistance to Power Mimicry (Trapped everyone with their own minds when mimicking it)
-Almost immediately recovers from being in a drunk and dizzy state from eating to much ice cream.

Squidward:
-Regeneration (High or Low-Godly hasn’t been decided which one it is yet) (Shrunk himself to the point he disappeared and presumably regenerated himself only seconds later)

Patrick:
-Possible Social Influencing (Made his own slogan for the Chum Bucket and attracted customers across Bikini Bottom despite the fact that The Chum Bucket is a well known terrible restaurant and the food is poisonous)
-Likely Additional evidence for Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Like Spongebob, it has mini Patrick’s in its head that control its every action and all the Patrick’s have non existent physiology since they are a abstract concept of thinking)
-Likely Resistance to Memory Manipulation (Likely scales to Spongebob, who regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name)

Plankton:
-High Pain Tolerance

Mr. Krabs:
-Limited BFR (Can remove dream invaders from his dreams)

Larry:
-Accelerated Development (Became fit again despite being out of shape within a few seconds while working out)

Dennis:
-Immortality (Type 2) (Managed to stay conscious and keep up with David Hasselhoff despite being reduced to goo)
-Possible Size Manipulation (Was depicted as way taller than Spongebob and Patrick before being crushed by the foot and became the size of them on top of Hasselhoff)

The Flying Dutchman:
-Resurrection Negation (He claimed he couldn't bring SpongeBob and Patrick back to life until the spell ended)

Everyone:
-Surface Scaling (Scaled over several while following Spongebob through several locations)
-Limited Resistance to Power Mimicry (By all becoming Spongebob, everyone turned Spongebob back to normal after imitating them.
Alright ladies and gentlemen, here’s everything so far! Do I need to add any calculated feats on and if so what feats?

Agreed! Also I’m adding all the strength and speed feats so far. Give me a second and I’ll edit the summary for the final time just for tonight!
One more thing, apart from SpongeBob's enhanced senses, I believe I should put the explanation that he also heard, saw and helped Squidward since he had no ears or face.
Here too where he read a sign without eyes and was flying in the air even with no legs

So just to summarize everything SO FAR (and feel free to edit my quote or make your own list since I’m only keeping with everything so we don’t forget)

Spongebob:
-Subjective Reality/Creation (Capable of bringing himself and other things he dreams while asleep into reality)
-More reasoning for Life Manipulation and POSSIBLY multiple selves (His puppet “ChefBob” came to life after Spongebob entertaining the customers of the Krusty Krab with his show)
-Type 8 Immortality (It will continue to exist as long as there are stars in the sky and people remember it)
-Social Influencing (The Flying Dutchman gave up on stealing Spongebob’s soul because he couldn’t even hear his own thoughts and said Spongebob was not even worth the bet. It also convinced everyone in Bikini Bottom to get ready for Christmas, a holiday they have never heard of)
-Extrasensory Perception (Could sense Patchy and Potty arguing about it in the past)
-Additional enhanced senses evidence (Could see and talk to Squidward despite just being a floating mouth and could read a sign despite the fact that he had no eyes and had been reduced to a few body parts)
-Additional support for using absorption for combat and raising his AP/Attack Reflection (Countered a snow monsters attacks via absorption and can absorb all types of things besides water to raise his strength)
-Sound Manipulation and Energy Projection (Fired beamed of energy made of sound manipulation based on Planktons statement)
-Additional evidence to Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Would have to also control the mini Spongebob’s in its head who all have non existent physiology due to being an abstract concept of thinking)
(He regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name)
-Possible Resistance to Telepathy and denial of Clairvoyance (It talked so much that the Flying Dutchman failed to even hear his own thoughts and abandoned the Spongebob deal within 30 seconds)
-Resistance to Mental Possession (The Flying Dutchman claimed it’s thoughts were to awful and scared him)
-Resistance to Regeneration Negation (Mid-High) (Regenerated from Neptune’s beans that completely negated Patrick’s regeneration)
-Likely Immunity to Diseases (Neptune turned him into an immortal god and it has not been referenced he has lost his powers)
-Resistance to Data Manipulation (It returned to normal after being transformed into data by Plankton)
-Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Completely unaffected by being attacked by the virus’ fire breath)
-Likely Resistance to Power Mimicry (Trapped everyone with their own minds when mimicking it)

Squidward:
-Regeneration (High or Low-Godly hasn’t been decided which one it is yet) (Shrunk himself to the point he disappeared and presumably regenerated himself only seconds later)
-Sound Manipulation (Has consistently annoyed and physically harmed everyone with his clarinet playing. He can also ignore conventional durability with his clarinet playing due to giving a fish a heart attack, making a women vomit, a fish lose his skin, etc.

Patrick:
-Possible Social Influencing (Made his own slogan for the Chum Bucket and attracted customers across Bikini Bottom despite the fact that The Chum Bucket is a well known terrible restaurant and the food is poisonous)
-Likely Additional evidence for Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Like Spongebob, it has mini Patrick’s in its head that control its every action and all the Patrick’s have non existent physiology since they are a abstract concept of thinking)
-Likely Resistance to Memory Manipulation (Likely scales to Spongebob, who regenerated his thoughts that were erased, since he had erased all his thoughts not related to dinner, this includes deleting his own name)

Plankton:
-High Pain Tolerance

Mr. Krabs:

Larry:
-Accelerated Development (Became fit again despite being out of shape within a few seconds while working out)

Dennis:
-Immortality (Type 2) (Managed to stay conscious and keep up with David Hasselhoff despite being reduced to goo)
-Possible Size Manipulation (Was depicted as way taller than Spongebob and Patrick before being crushed by the foot and became the size of them on top of Hasselhoff)

The Flying Dutchman:
-Resurrection Negation (He claimed he couldn't bring SpongeBob and Patrick back to life until the spell ended)
-Resurrection (Brought Spongebob and Patrick back to life after reducing them to their ghost forms.

Everyone:
-Surface Scaling (Scaled over several while following Spongebob through several locations)
-Limited Resistance to Power Mimicry (By all becoming Spongebob, everyone turned Spongebob back to normal after imitating them.

Strength and Speed Feats:

For this feat "standard measuring tapes are .96 ounces, the distance between the moon and earth is (stated by squid ward) to be 238000 miles.

Kinetic Energy calculator gets me 2.218158219555E+14 Joules or 50 Kilotons" -I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die

New and improved list lol

Also I would link everything for powers and abilities but it won’t let me attach words and a link together… Does anyone know how to fix this error on my end so I can make everything more convenient on my list lol?

But a question that remained to be answered, should we treat the drawing water equal to the real water for the calculations? due to her numerous inconsistencies
That’s tough. There’s MANY inconsistencies within the water of Spongebob that should be taken into consideration. However, is there anything keeping us from not using real water for calculating? Meaning other than fire being able to be formed and Spongebob being capable of drowning in goo lagoon despite the fact of being underwater for example, is there anything that puts SB water as being a completely different substance than real water and us not being able use it for calculations? The inconsistencies could be easily chalked up as being for plot convenience (Drowning in Goo Lagoon) or part of Spongebob’s cartoony and godlike hax and abilities causing the inconsistencies of the water lol.

Spongebob:
-Additional enhanced senses evidence (Could see and talk to Squidward despite just being a floating mouth and could read a sign despite the fact that he had no eyes and had been reduced to a few body parts)
-Likely Resistance to Power Mimicry (Trapped everyone with their own minds when mimicking it)

Squidward:
-Sound Manipulation (Has consistently annoyed and physically harmed everyone with his clarinet playing. He can also ignore conventional durability with his clarinet playing due to giving a fish a heart attack, making a women vomit, a fish lose his skin, etc.

Patrick:

Plankton:
-High Pain Tolerance

Mr. Krabs:

Larry:

Dennis:

The Flying Dutchman:
-Resurrection (Brought Spongebob and Patrick back to life after reducing them to their ghost forms.

Everyone:

Strength and Speed Feats:

For this feat "standard measuring tapes are .96 ounces, the distance between the moon and earth is (stated by squid ward) to be 238000 miles.

Kinetic Energy calculator gets me 2.218158219555E+14 Joules or 50 Kilotons" -I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die

But a few small things to fix, the mini Sponge Bobs in your head don't have non-existent physiology because they personify the concept of thinking, they have non-existent physiology and they personify the abstract concept of thinking, so the explanation would be (I'd also have to control the mini Spongebob in your head that all have non-existent physiology and personify the abstract concept of thought)
In the "neutralized attacks of a snow monster by absorption" it was actually due to its pores.
In resistance to memory manipulation I believe it should be stated that SpongeBob's memories are paper files inside his brain, this would provide good resistance for him.
And it was bad, that was my mistake the "denial clairvoyance'' would be "negation of enhanced senses and telepathy" due to him not listening to Mr krabs
About the regeneration of the squid, it would be divine low, due to his entire physical body disappearing
But the limited resistance to mimicry of power for everyone, I don't think so, it seems to be another case of those episodes without continuity

That’s tough. There’s MANY inconsistencies within the water of Spongebob that should be taken into consideration. However, is there anything keeping us from not using real water for calculating? Meaning other than fire being able to be formed and Spongebob being capable of drowning in goo lagoon despite the fact of being underwater for example, is there anything that puts SB water as being a completely different substance than real water and us not being able use it for calculations? The inconsistencies could be easily chalked up as being for plot convenience (Drowning in Goo Lagoon) or part of Spongebob’s cartoony and godlike hax and abilities causing the inconsistencies of the water lol.
Well ... in certain episodes we see clouds underwater shooting rays at the characters and these rays do not provide distortions that melt underwater in real life the same goes for lasers in the cartoon.

But if water has several contradictions with real water, I believe that this detail of being under water should not be included in calculations.
Unless these items suffer distortions and etc.

Also I think I may have found a good Spongebob regen thing. At 0:47, After Spongebob shape-shifts himself into bubbles, his bubbles get popped and presumably gets regens himself later. If you don’t count the bubbles still in the sink as Spongebob, he completely pops into nothing.

Also I think I may have found a good Spongebob regen thing. At 0:47, After Spongebob shape-shifts himself into bubbles, his bubbles get popped and presumably gets regens himself later. If you don’t count the bubbles still in the sink as Spongebob, he completely pops into nothing.

Worse than I was thinking of sending this, because I believe it blew up, since even the crab burger that was with it exploded, the bubbles in the sink in this case would be just normal bubbles that are not part of the sponge transformation.

Back