• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Squarepants Discussion Thread

Does he really?!!
Yeah, We even have a profile of him

Hey I found something for a next thread, apparently SpongeBob's thoughts, memories, etc. are controlled by other mini SpongeBob that are inside his brain, these mini versions are quoted as not existing, being just "a visual metaphor to personify the abstract concept of thinking", but in this case they really existed, so much so that SpongeBob's brain breaks down at the end of the episode due to a panic between these versions of him.

I think it should come down as a support for mind manipulation and a self-erasing memory perhaps? since he erased many of his memories by sending these versions of him to destroy the files, thanks to this he became a potential waiter
And in the end he seems to have recovered

Hey I found something for a next thread, apparently SpongeBob's thoughts, memories, etc. are controlled by other mini SpongeBob that are inside his brain, these mini versions are quoted as not existing, being just "a visual metaphor to personify the abstract concept of thinking", but in this case they really existed, so much so that SpongeBob's brain breaks down at the end of the episode due to a panic between these versions of him.

I think it should come down as a support for mind manipulation and a self-erasing memory perhaps? since he erased many of his memories by sending these versions of him to destroy the files, thanks to this he became a potential waiter
And in the end he seems to have recovered
Yeah I agree that this is supporting evidence for Spongebob resisting mind and memory manip. There’s literally no way you can mind manip Sponge boy me bob lmao.

But hey if we were to consider games, which games would be considered? and do you know any good feats of a SpongeBob game?
I know there’s some feats in Battle For Bikini Bottom and I know there’s a ton of other games as well however I’ll have to look into them. Do you guys think that if we could apply video game feats that we would just apply it to Spongebob or make a separate key for video game stuff?

Btw I found stuff for Spongebob and Squidward. Spongebob should probably have possibly Multiple Selves since his puppet ChefBob became it’s own personality however he doesn’t show that he has multiple personalities other than on a few rare occasions so it should be an out of character thing.

However the coolest thing in this video is a Squidward feat. At 8:25, he shrinks himself out of existence and at 8:36 he reappears again. Would this merely be size manipulation or something else since Squidward literally disappears? Maybe a regeneration or immortality or just a teleportation thing? What do you guys think?

Yeah I agree that this is supporting evidence for Spongebob resisting mind and memory manip. There’s literally no way you can mind manip Sponge boy me bob lmao.
technically if this were accepted the characters would have to interact with abstraction and non-existent characters to manipulate his mind, not to mention that you would have to affect these mini versions all at once🐒

I know there’s some feats in Battle For Bikini Bottom and I know there’s a ton of other games as well however I’ll have to look into them. Do you guys think that if we could apply video game feats that we would just apply it to Spongebob or make a separate key for video game stuff?
Look, I believe we have almost 0 reasons not to consider games as Battle For Bikini Bottom, These types of games literally have the same material as the original series, plus the story board writer's statement.

Btw I found stuff for Spongebob and Squidward. Spongebob should probably have possibly Multiple Selves since his puppet ChefBob became it’s own personality however he doesn’t show that he has multiple personalities other than on a few rare occasions so it should be an out of character thing.

However the coolest thing in this video is a Squidward feat. At 8:25, he shrinks himself out of existence and at 8:36 he reappears again. Would this merely be size manipulation or something else since Squidward literally disappears? Maybe a regeneration or immortality or just a teleportation thing? What do you guys think?

I don't know if showing multiple selves would sometimes give this ability, but this feat of squid is very good, seeing the scene it looks like it disappeared before it fully shrinks, so a Regeneration maybe.

But in the episode it seems that the puppet that would be the second personality can speak at will without SpongeBob needing to speak.
So it can be much more than just another personality
but the funny thing is that mr krabs and squidward thought the same thing, only to reveal in the end that the doll has a life of its own

Last edited:
But leaving a bit of skills, I found an episode where Plankton with his ship survives an impact from Earth to Moon, Even if the ship didn't take damage from it in the end a Crab TNT does more damage to the ship than the plankton's impact to the moon.
Besides the characters reacting to the plankton's return to the bikini slit, but idk that
Unfortunately I didn't find the scene's Link in English only in another language
but as the feat is visual I believe it is understandable.

But leaving a bit of skills, I found an episode where Plankton with his ship survives an impact from Earth to Moon, Even if the ship didn't take damage from it in the end a Crab TNT does more damage to the ship than the plankton's impact to the moon.
Besides the characters reacting to the plankton's return to the bikini slit, but idk that
Unfortunately I didn't find the scene's Link in English only in another language
but as the feat is visual I believe it is understandable.
Yeah that should be calculated. I haven’t seen this episode in particular in a LONG time but I’m assuming that the bubble creature was something Spongebob made? If so than this would be a strength and durability upgrade for Spongebob’s bubbles in general, and depending on how powerful the trip to the moon and back was, a possibility of an AP upgrade for everyone.

As for the Squidward thing, IF it is a regen thing, then he’d get an upgraded to HIGH OR POSSIBLY EVEN LOW-GODLY REGEN!! However that’s if it is a regen feat and not immortality type 4 or something like that. Personally I think it’s either a regen or immortality though.

Yeah that should be calculated. I haven’t seen this episode in particular in a LONG time but I’m assuming that the bubble creature was something Spongebob made? If so than this would be a strength and durability upgrade for Spongebob’s bubbles in general, and depending on how powerful the trip to the moon and back was, a possibility of an AP upgrade for everyone.
I don't think it would increase the durability of SpongeBob bubbles, because in this case the bubble in question was burst, and only used the air she was losing to send Plankton to the moon, but hitting the moon must scale the plankton, Since he not only survived the crash (besides his machine also resisted) he also survived a TNT that damaged his machine that resisted the crash on the moon.

Because when I went to see it looks like there are some weird things, like the squidward being a thief.

a question: is Patrick's show good? and have any connection with the normal series? or not?
I’ve only watched the first episode and it’s not that good imo. It supposedly takes place when Patrick was still living with his family and his family looks different than in the main series. And Squidward is like a mail boy trying to get money out of Patrick’s dad because he won’t pay the mail company any money. It’s really weird but I’m pretty sure it’s canon sense I’m pretty sure I heard that the writers straight up said that they don’t care about the canon of Spongebob lmao. I just remembered that so it’s more reasoning for to include the video games.

but who can answer, what would that be?

This can be one of three things. It’s either just a hyperbole/metaphor from the narrator, a type of memory manip via “remaining in our hearts and in our minds”, or type 8 immortality for Spongebob. This is a very interesting and cool power and it really depends on if the narrator was just using a metaphor or actually meaning it. I honestly think it might be something since a constellation of Spongebob appears after the narrator makes his speech. And the narrator sounds like “Frenchie” whom is a very knowledgeable character in the Spongebob universe given the fact that he knew about “Neptune’s moon” that turned everyone into a primal version of themselves in one of the modern Spongebob episodes. So I wouldn’t doubt if there’s some truth to what the narrator is saying. What do you guys think?

Or they could be different profiles, he has a bit of powers from Revenge Of the Flying Dutchmen and other games.

So could a game version of Spongebob be allowed i mean there is a lot of Spongebob games.
Or they could be different profiles, he has a bit of powers from Revenge Of the Flying Dutchmen and other games.
They could probably be allowed given that the Spongebob Universe has been said not have any canon and anything can go anywhere in the Spongebob timeline. So there’s a possibility that we could just incorporate video game feats into regular Spongebob profiles without creating profiles based on their video game versions. However we’ll probably bring this up in the next Spongebob Revision Thread.

This can be one of three things. It’s either just a hyperbole/metaphor from the narrator, a type of memory manip via “remaining in our hearts and in our minds”, or type 8 immortality for Spongebob. This is a very interesting and cool power and it really depends on if the narrator was just using a metaphor or actually meaning it. I honestly think it might be something since a constellation of Spongebob appears after the narrator makes his speech. And the narrator sounds like “Frenchie” whom is a very knowledgeable character in the Spongebob universe given the fact that he knew about “Neptune’s moon” that turned everyone into a primal version of themselves in one of the modern Spongebob episodes. So I wouldn’t doubt if there’s some truth to what the narrator is saying. What do you guys think?
I think it can be very difficult to be a mephora as we see a constellation in the background of SpongeBob himself, but this quote kind of surprised me at the time because it was unexpected.🐒

But anyway, I agree, whether the narrator is French or not, it shouldn't change much, as the narrator in SpongeBob has always been a reliable source.
But I don't think it's a Memory Manipulation, maybe an immortality? I remember something like that on a profile, but it was deleted

Last edited:
Seems fine with me.

Another thing, spongebob has a good social influence,basically his "soul" was taken by the flying dutchman,after it was taken by the pirate ghost he immediately started talking for 30 seconds,the flying Dutchman stated that he couldn't even hear his thoughts that when he started talking and described being worse than death,He then says that his soul is not worth the bet so he simply returns SpongeBob to its place of origin and disappears to another location.
Remember that in this episode the Dutchman was aware of the things Krabs was doing and talking, but he couldn't even hear his thoughts when the sponge started talking.
But that should help against soul-stealing people.

In other episodes he's also convinced the entire city to help him like Christmas for example that didn't exist under the sea, he's even convinced Plankton.
so... the sponge can be a great manipulator.

Back