• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob´s Standard Tactics

Bobsican

He/Him
As I´m tired of having to debate his character in every match, can we discuss the leading moves and strategies of him?

His most leading move is karate, obviously

Karate is the most obvious one, note how nearly everytime he gets into a fight he actually uses it as the starting move (in base form at least)

The times Spongebob has been in a confrontation he almost always starts with Karate, and has also used Bubbles and Sand Manip. A lot of his other abilities (Probability Manipulation, Reality Warping, Transmutation, ect) have never actually been used in a fight and are out of character.

Let´s see...

"Standard Tactics: Spongebob is very optimistic, and despite all the hax he has, he never leads with it unless promped to directly or as a last resort

His usual leading move in his base form is karate, meaning that he will try to use Martial Arts onto the opponent.

However, if the opposing character is noticeably bigger, Spongebob is more prone to using other of his techniques, as he´s aware his Martial Arts are usually ineffective against such, which include his Jellyfishing Rod and bubbles.

If he has his optional equipment, he is very prone of leading with it, the priority goes like this:

Quickster Suit < Magic Pencil < Magic Book

While he is too stupid to actually use the Magic Book offensively, he knows how to use it, and is far more prone to use it defensively instead.

Bloodlusting him leads into him changing tactics more often if the leading move (still Karate unless against noticeably bigger opponents) is ineffective, which can lead into him using his hax early on after a few attemps. Make no mistake, as the timeframe is more than big enought for someone that actually leads with hax to stomp.

(separate tabber for the invincibubble form)

While Spongebob in this form is quite stronger physically, he now leads more with the bubbles than before (as the name suggests), he may also use the optional equipment accordingly if he has enought time for it (the Magic Pencil is virtually useless in a match as it has very poor range and area of effect, and the Quickster suit obviously can´t be stacked, but the Magic Book is still usable, but still defensively, as stated before

It´s to be noted that Spongebob still has his hax and other abilities in this form, but the strategies for them are still as secondary options (other abilities) or as a last resort (regarding hax) unless promped to.

Bobsican said:
Let´s see...

"Standard Tactics: Spongebob is very optimistic, and despite all the hax he has, he never leads with it unless promped to directly.

While he is too stupid to actually use the Magic Book offensively, he knows how to use it, and is prone to use it defensively instead.
For the "he will use his hax if prompted" bit, can you give an instance of Spongebob using his "hax" when prompted or as a last resort?

Can you give an instance of Spongebob using the Book defensively?

Everything else looks fine, though it's kinda wordy.

I unlocked Spongebob's profile because Bobsican requested that by PM. Tell me when you are done, Bob.

Done

I had to use tabbers as the way I did it just seemed better overall with it

Is fine how I drafted the part about when he´s bloodlusted? Ant removed it as it was just questionable, it seems

Spongebob's never been bloodlusted in canon so it's useless trying to gauge his mindset when in such a state.

Bloodlust means he's trying to kill the opponent as quickly as possible, so I would guess hax

But considering Bloodlust already has its own page, it's necessary to list this in "Standard Tactics", which is meant to indicate Spongebob's in-series tactics and fighting style.

Not really, he uses it defensively, as in, for example, use it to cancel attacks he can´t do much about or stat amp himself

Using it ofensively would probably come later, but that never happened in any media of Spongebob with it, so I guess that´s best left up to debate

Back