• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We kind of can say that. If Alucard is an 8-C, and neither were using their full power to a similar extent, and Death is far superior to Alucard, then it is pretty safe to say he is.

And sorry for getting heated.

We kind of can say that. If Alucard is an 8-C, and neither were using their full power to a similar extent, and Death is far superior to Alucard, then it is pretty safe to say he is.

And sorry for getting heated.
Well that used one assumption, which is both holding back in a similar extent, that's hard to prove, that if Death was really holding back

You are using a specific battle, which is Alucard vs Trevor, so what matters is the power he used there, not his general power, that's why to Death be 8-C, Alucard would need to be 8-C against Trevor, which in turn creates that problem about Trevor Vs Dracula

This remembered me of one thing, there is a discussion about if Alucard should really be 8-C, since it's very possible that Dracula wasn't really trying against him, just a thought, dunno what you guys think but it worths a discussion

Oh and no problem, I also apologize if I sounded heated aswell

It actually have time there on the scene, just because it's cuts for the protagonists when the Castle is teleported, don't means that the fire is gone.

The feat is done overtime and not scale to Sylpha's magic attacks.

And even you mentioned early that he destroyed himself, which means you agree that should not scale to Sylpha's magic attacks directhy.
Rephrase that, if you'd please. But to address the basics of that, yeah, cuts are used for a quick jump forward in time, but it was still a short time frame of <10 minutes between the engine's critical failure and the main trio entering the castle, at which time the fire should have been subsided, as the gears were shown cooled below melting point by the time Alucard and Dracula bust into the engine room a few minutes later.

Done over time, sure, but a short time frame, and given the increased heat needed to melt steel in that short a time frame (inflated somewhat by how cold the castle is stated to be, a smelting facility it is not) and the sheer amount of steel being melted, it should still yield noteworthy results even on a second-by-second basis.

Him? And yes, it did destroy itself, because it was straining against Sypha's influence. If you hurt yourself with your own strength trying to overcome someone else's and still don't manage it, then they scale directly to it even though they weren't causing you harm directly, as you going all-out to the point of wrecking your own body wasn't enough to overcome them. That is pretty direct scaling.

Just giving a two cent here, shouldn't Death be a type 2 abstract since he describes himself as a "function of this world"?

Guys, there's a few problems with scaling Death to 8-C.

First of all, yes, Trevor downscales from Alucard. But Alucard was somewhat casual in that altercation, unlike when he was against Dracula obviously. We can't scale Trevor PHYSICALLY to these clearly superior High tier vampires, especially when the feat 8-C feat comes from Dracula himself. Trevor was only able to seriously affect Dracula with the Morningstar Whip, his strongest weapon at the time, but we're going to scale his physicals to it? Absolutely not.
Not to mention, this would make every fodder vampire and night creature that managed to damage Trevor comparable to Dracula, particularly Dracula's highest on-screen calced showing, which is just ridiculous. Trevor downscales, but I don't think he's straight up 8-C physically.

Secondly, nobody is mentioning that the Trevor that Death fought was actually FAR from being at his best. He was exhausted after 6+ weeks of fighting night creatures, and was suffering from major injuries that clearly weakened him significantly. So the Trevor he overpowered wasn't at full power, and he still wasn't able to beat him in the end. This weakened Trevor managed to harm death, withstand many of his blows, and even completely outpaced him in the end. So again, I'm not seeing enough evidence for outright 8-C here.
Also, didn't Death admit inferiority to Dracula as well? That makes him scaling even more questionable imo.

As for the Sypha Castle feat, I agree with Dante on it.

I think Death should just straight up be 8-C. He can casually no-sell attacks from the Morning Star, something that even Dracula couldn't do, as he was visibly hurt by just one strike.
You do know that dracula was completely nerfed due to the lack of feeding right? And he didn’t explode into chunks like the other vampires as even he points out, so I don’t see Death being superior to Dracula in general

Yes but that’s also a nerfed dracula, that’s what I’m getting at. Dracula pre season 2 would be stronger, so him being comparable to death, if not stronger at his prime isn’t a reach for the scaling tbh.

no death never said or even implied inferioity to drac in terms of power all he said is " I am a spirit a function of the world I can't raise armies, I can't fight an intire world an bleed it to death... but he could" this isn't about power it's more about death being incapable of raising armies to beat the world

as for death to drac power I don't see why belmont taking hits from death(like slaps or shockwaves of his attacks) is in anyway prohibiting death from being at least 8C, dracula also beat on trevor quite a bit, he tackled him punched him in the gut, chocked him and threw him across the room and that was season 2 trevor the far weaker trevor, so would that make drac 9-A because he didn't one shot trevor with the first tackle? no not really he was holding back a bit but same can be said about death because lets be honest the sheer fact that he started the fight with the phrase " and who is going to make me go? you? with that bit of string in your hand?" and the "heh, this is a good game" as he smacked trevor down, its more then clear that death didn't see trevor as a threat and more so as an insect to splatter. Hell we really should calc all the destruction death was outputing in the fight cuse the sheer amount of devestation might even bump castelvania to higher levels of 8-C

Last edited:
Trevor that Death fought was actually FAR from being at his best. He was exhausted after 6+ weeks of fighting night creatures, and was suffering from major injuries that clearly weakened him significantly. So the Trevor he overpowered wasn't at full power, and he still wasn't able to beat him in the end. This weakened Trevor managed to harm death, withstand many of his blows, and even completely outpaced him in the end.
Which reminds me. If it hasn't been done already, the keys should be changed from "seasons 1-3" and "season 4" to "seasons 1 & 2" and "seasons 3 & 4"
There was a larger gap of time for Trevor to improve within, and he's shown to be in better form starting season 3 than in season 4, with him being well-rested and trivializing a werewolf, whereas starting season 4 he's exhausted and has trouble fighting humans.

I don't think that was him causing an actual lunar eclipse, just kinda staining it and the sky red due to his rage, nothing really suggests he moved the moon and/or kept it locked in place.

Also shouldn't Death have soul manipulation? His profile even mentions his Statistics Amplification comes from consuming souls but doesn't list soul manipulation.

He should have soul manipulation.

Also that does not sound like making a solar eclipse unless there’s a director interview I’m not aware of that says he made the eclipse, sounds like a Calamity Ganon thing where he just changes the color with his malice.

the keys should be changed from "seasons 1-3" and "season 4" to "seasons 1 & 2" and "seasons 3 & 4"
There was a larger gap of time for Trevor to improve within, and he's shown to be in better form starting season 3 than in season 4, with him being well-rested and trivializing a werewolf, whereas starting season 4 he's exhausted and has trouble fighting humans.

It may look like that, but we divide keys by Tiers, Trevor only got 8-C scaling in Season 4, and there was a 6 Weeks gap of fighting that can very well improve his abilities physically and in weapons. He may be tired, but by feats and new scaling he is stronger than before (Same goes for Sypha)

Also, Dracula's physicals should be "likely higher when not blood-starved" since Godbrand pretty directly states that Dracula has gotten weaker due to not feeding for an extended time

Oh I agree, but maybe a new key is better ?

His 7-B Environmental Destruction feats were done when he was at Full Power, so we actually have reasons to divide his keys. Something like

At least Building level, likely higher, City level Environmental Destruction | Building level

With the justification being that he should be far stronger when not blood starved

He should have soul manipulation.

Also that does not sound like making a solar eclipse unless there’s a director interview I’m not aware of that says he made the eclipse, sounds like a Calamity Ganon thing where he just changes the color with his malice.
Yeap

Also do you agree with the CRT ? Being waiting for a while to the new stuff be accepted lol

Back